The Escapist Presents: The Escapists Blow Up The Death Star!

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Just Chris at the end made me loose my shit.
I can't stop laughing.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
TheDrunkNinja said:
"Luke, at that speed do you think you'll be able to pull out in time?"
"Pull out Wedge, you can't do any more good back there!"
"Negative, it didn't go in. It just impacted on the surface."

You guys missed a serious opportunity of having Paul be the annoying "that's what she said" guy that everyone in unison yells at to shut up.

Ah well. I love how it looks like everyone's sitting in the real pilot's laps. Can I just say this all had near perfect casting?
Bob as Darth Vader, Lisa as Luke, Susan as the cute little droid, Jim as Hamsteak, Grumpy Cat as Tarkin, and Ben as Ben.

So damn cheesy that it becomes indisputably awesome. May the 4th be with you, guys!
Actually, that's Janelle as R2D2. :)

ellers07

Feb 24, 2013
That absolutely made my day! Well done! And of course, may the fourth be with you.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
JenSeven said:
It always seems so strange this day.
I know it's May the 4th and all (actually only Americans really use that system for dates anyway, all other normal nations call it the 4th of May) and I get the joke.
However, and I know this is purely a Dutch thing but still, on this day the Dutch have a national memorial day with an official period of silence in which they remember all the people that died during the second world war, and subsequently other wars. It's also used to remind people of the horrors of war.

Being Dutch, it just feels off to celebrate a movie on this day for me.

I know this day doesn't have the same meaning to people of other nationality and I don't want the entire world to conform to what 17 million people in a small country hold as a day of importance, but just wanted to throw this out there.

And yes, the video was amusing and I think you're all great people.

But yeah.
By the way, tomorrow is liberation day, in which the Dutch celebrate their liberation.
Yeah, I finished watching this at two to eight, so it was quite strange.

Are you going to celebrate tomorrow? I am hauling my ass to Wageningen and get out of my skull.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
As usual, Graham is the straight man. Paul is a great Wedge and Darth Boston was fun. I was expecting Yahtzee to be Han though.

TheFrost

Feb 4, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
Yeah, look, we're not fools. We know this is utterly ridiculous and groaningly bad in places. But when the idea of doing something for Star Wars Day was broached, everyone responded with such enthusiasm that we wanted to try and do something goofy and fun. And this is definitely both of those. :)

As for why Yahtzee isn't Darth Vader, he specifically asked to be Obi-Wan. "We even have the same first name."
I can certainly respect someone who has the confidence to ridicule themselves once in a while, and this was just so gloriously cheesy it made my day.

I admit to being somewhat disappointed with Yahtzee's relatively small role however.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
I gotta be honest, it was painful to watch...

Darth Bob and Grumpy cat were the saving points of it though.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
It hurts so good!!!
But I think for a next 4th may it would be better to make a X3 machinima
I'm sure there are already SW ships modded in this game
Something like this

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
Definitely on the "so bad it's good" side of the Force :)

Highlights for me were Susan Arendt's lines with "the dots on the thing", Lisa as Luke whining for R2D2 to do something and Darth Vader's Boston accent.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
You're kidding. I could have sworn that was you just doing a cutesy voice like whenever you talk about your dog or something. Wait, then who were you? Now I need to go back and watch it again.

Actually on reflection, Janelle as the cute little droid makes even more sense in terms of casting.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
TheDrunkNinja said:
Susan Arendt said:
You're kidding. I could have sworn that was you just doing a cutesy voice like whenever you talk about your dog or something. Wait, then who were you? Now I need to go back and watch it again.

Actually on reflection, Janelle as the cute little droid makes even more sense in terms of casting.
I had so desperately wanted to make an Arendt2D2 joke, but the credits ruined it.

Susan was the radio operator who warned them of the dots... on the thing...

Saarai-fan

Nov 12, 2009
So you guys doing Empire next year? Think the Duel on the Death Star II/Battle of Endor from Return would be more appropriate so as to allow a good amount of the Escapists some screen time.

Either that, or I wouldn't mind seeing more Star Wars parodies here on the Escapist if it were maybe once or twice a month. Think they'd be funny to watch.

Vegan_Doodler

May 29, 2011
There needs to be a word 500000 times more powerful then awesome to describe this video.
A smile was bolted to my face the entire time.
Maybe next year we could get the battle of Hoth?
May the forks be with you.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
That was so bad, it was good. Though gotta be fair, it was very nearly bad again.