The Escapist Presents: The Escapists Blow Up The Death Star!

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
I absolutely loved it. Was glad to see Chris and Kyle at the end. When Dan showed up and they didn't I assumed they hadn't the time/backed out somehow. Bob as Vader was spectacular, and the LRR crew did a really good job. Not to bash on the rest of y'all but you can tell who does comedic acting for a living.
I hope you'll do something like this again, it was glorious!

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Oh god the cringe xP

Lisa was a really solid Luke though, wouldn't mind seeing her reprising the role if you lot do something like this again ;)

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
That was so awesome! ^_^
Great use of those content creators. Crack that whip and force them into your parody!
Serious Cat at the end had me in tears of laughter. <3
I really loved it, thanks Escapist.

AlwaysPractical

Oct 7, 2011
So horrible it was beautiful :')

Highlights were definitely Yahtzee, Jim's fake American accent, ginger Solo and Darth Chipman.

Painfully awkward and accurately cheesy. Keep it up!

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
You know, I preferred it when people (like Graham and Kathleen - and Jason and Colby) were blowing up the Death Star with their own stage-personas, rather than as an impersonation of the Star Wars characters. So Lisa had been, well, Lisa rather than Lisa-as-Luke, I'd have been happier.

But still, I liked it :) The Lol-Cat at the finale was the cherry on the top of the cheesecake :p

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Frozengale said:
It took me forever to realize that was Dan. The stache really threw me off.
It was the perfect character roll, along with million dollar special effects make up. I don't blame you for being thrown off.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Ahahahaha, this was wonderful done guys! Lisa really got into her character and Kathleen really got into character (for her) // I do love when the Escapist comes together and does stuff like this

-M

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Rogue 09 said:
That was completely dreadful. It was not even good in a "that's so bad" kind of way. It's was actually pretty insulting to the memory of the once great series. You didn't really add anything to it, you just stood in front of a greenscreen and committed no less than an assault on that scene.

The worst part was probably Darth Vader's iconic voice replaced by MovieBob's incredibly stupid accent. I actually feel sick and you ruined my favorite holiday of the year.

I am so ashamed of all of you right now.
Ok, if you didn't like the video, that's totally fine. It's really very silly and quite a mess, and I totally understand it not ringing your personal bell.

But you "actually feel sick"? And you're "ashamed" of us? I want you to think about what you're actually saying right there. I want you to, for a moment, consider that you think we should feel genuine shame over making a harmless internet video as a goof. You feel sick? SICK?

You're either seriously out of touch with reality, or just being needlessly insulting.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
I can't believe some people are taking this so seriously, its a funny goof video done for lolz. Also Dan looks super like James Turner from LRR in this for some reason which is kind of weird since there was a discussion on a LRR podcast about how bitchin James looks when he has a stashe.

This was one of the second funniest things I have seen for May 4th , it was only topped by Brian May as Anakin Skywalker.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Rogue 09 said:
That was completely dreadful. It was not even good in a "that's so bad" kind of way. It's was actually pretty insulting to the memory of the once great series. You didn't really add anything to it, you just stood in front of a greenscreen and committed no less than an assault on that scene.

The worst part was probably Darth Vader's iconic voice replaced by MovieBob's incredibly stupid accent. I actually feel sick and you ruined my favorite holiday of the year.

I am so ashamed of all of you right now.
Pff, damn son. Take it easy. It's just a group of people having fun enacting a scene from one of their favorite movies. The fact that it actually made you feel sick says more about you than it does about the Escapists. They were secure enough in their own love of a franchise to create a video that expresses that love in a completely and utterly cheesy manner.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Gotta admit, that was pretty fun. My favorites were Darth Movie Bob and freaking Yahtzee as Obi-wan Kenobi! So yeah, I found it very enjoyable, dunno why some people are taking it so seriously...

And may the Fourth Be With You!