The Escapist Reviews: Gundam RX-78-2 SD EX-Standard

Hayden_Russell

Aug 11, 2015
The Escapist Reviews: Gundam RX-78-2 SD EX-Standard

With the release of Bandai's new and improved SD EX-Standard Line, The Escapist decided to give it a look.

Read Full Article

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok this is new (as in I think this is the first time they ever review a Gundam model).

I suppose we have to thank the Winning/ Star Winning Gundam (from Gundam Builder try) for this creation. While I had a couple of Chibli models in the past but it always did bother me how the details were always one sided (as in the other side of the limb is always hollow) so I guess this is a welcome change but these days I have a long wishlist of HG and a few MG models to buy.

Hayden_Russell

Aug 11, 2015
Scarim Coral said:
Ok this is new (as in I think this is the first time they ever review a Gundam model).

I suppose we have to thank the Winning/ Star Winning Gundam (from Gundam Builder try) for this creation. While I had a couple of Chibli models in the past but it always did bother me how the details were always one sided (as in the other side of the limb is always hollow) so I guess this is a welcome change but these days I have a long wishlist of HG and a few MG models to buy.
It is new, but you can expect more reviews from us coming! I haven't personally built the Winning/Star Winning Gundam, but the quality and crossover capabilities in this model certainly seem to be inspired by Star/Winning. Having solid limbs for this new line makes these figures look awesome, and with Wing Gundam and Unicorn Gundam coming out, it's sure to be a must for the Holiday Season. Stay tuned for more Gundam/Bandai model reviews!