The Escapist ROCCAT Gear Giveaway

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
The Escapist ROCCAT Gear Giveaway

The future is now, and no other company out there knows that as well as ROCCAT. So The Escapist is giving away some bleeding edge tech for you to use while pwning noobs.

Are you ready for the future? Well we want you to be ready, so we're giving away some cutting edge gaming gear: the ROCCAT Siru [http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/ROCCAT-Isku/] Gaming Mousepad. The Isku isn't your father's keyboard - it's made for gaming, with thirty-six easily reachable macros positioned so you don't have to waste precious time looking down at your keyboard wondering where exactly it is you set up the attack key. The keyboard has a plethora of other features that take it to the bleeding edge. The Kone XTD gaming mouse is going to help give you that extra precision you've been needing when playing that FPS you kids love playing so damned much. The people at ROCCAT know what you need and are stepping up to the plate to deliver you the best products around. We at The Escapist know that every click counts, which is why we want you to be at the top of your game.

Whoever wins the Grand Prize will win all three items, making them pretty unstoppable when crushing all of that damned candy. These great pieces of technology will certainly bring your game up past noob level; we want you to pwn all of the noobs that don't have access to such glorious gear.

If you want to join the 21st century we suggest that you click here to get started [http://lockerdome.com/theescapist/6307696345359681/6883474560914458] and on your way to becoming that MLG star you know you are.

[lockerdome=6883474560914458]

metagaia

Random small pink blob
Jul 23, 2008
If you could also mention that it is for US citizens only rather than burying it in the rules section of the contest, that would be appreciated.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Ed130 The Vanguard said:
No. Just no.

Does anyone even do these?
Well, I did the one they had ages ago for Artemis (Smite), but they didn't require me to use my email or socialize it, just clicked the button, won somehow, and I'm pretty sure they just sent me a code to my Escapist inbox.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
metagaia said:
If you could also mention that it is for US citizens only rather than burying it in the rules section of the contest, that would be appreciated.
Thanks for saving me alot of wasted time there, man.

And I thought Eurocentricism was bad...

LosButcher

May 19, 2009
Another ad disguised as something else... Escapist, stop this shit! Man up and call it what it really is.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Oh man sweet...finally! A non-lockerdome related compe...

...damn it fuck!

Cant help but feel there's a vital component missing from this future tech gaming set up...

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
metagaia said:
Pardon the confusion that this has caused. To correct our error in the rules of the sweepstakes, the contest is also open to residents of Canada, United Kingdom, and Australia.

We apologize for the incorrect data that was presented in the official rules, which have been changed to reflect the correction.

Please register and hopefully you'll win some very cool gaming gear.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Thanks but no thanks. Sure enough I was trying to entered but the only buttons below the site that works for me were the Twitter one which I do not have and refuse to set one up.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
A strange thing, asking gamers to subscribe to every possible big social media website in order to increase their chances of winning something that will help them go into deeper seclusion. You realize that most people here are introverts, right? This is nonsensical.

Krat Arona

Jul 12, 2010
I'd be totally down with this if not for what LockerDome wants permission for.

LockerDome said:
This application will be able to:
Read Tweets from your timeline.
See who you follow, and follow new people.
Update your profile.
Post Tweets for you.

"See who you follow, and FOLLOW new people."
Lolno.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Krat Arona said:
I'd be totally down with this if not for what LockerDome wants permission for.

LockerDome said:
This application will be able to:
Read Tweets from your timeline.
See who you follow, and follow new people.
Update your profile.
Post Tweets for you.

"See who you follow, and FOLLOW new people."
Lolno.
Yea, gotta love how they "offer" sign up through facebook, twitter, or "just your email" then once you use your email they still require/auto direct you to twitter sign up and basicly ask you to sign over use of your account.

Dear Escapist staff,
I love you guys, will continue going to the Expos, and recognize these promotions must earn you some needed money. But Every single one of your users who have to walk through this like the site less just for being associated with such hamfisted marketing ploys.

Seriously just ask for donations or promote giveaways through site subscriptions. I mean people donate for potato salad these days, we will gladly help you guys keep an awesome, usually well run site up and at it's best.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU. Don't give us reason not too :(

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
As Escapist continue to use Lockerdome, it is impossible to participate in the contest as Lockerdome is basically a spyware that steals your accounts once you use them for the service.

DrStrangelove said:
Pardon the confusion that this has caused. To correct our error in the rules of the sweepstakes, the contest is also open to residents of Canada, United Kingdom, and Australia.
Why limited to those countries? cant be shipping costs as you ship to Australia, so why the outdated segregation of countries?

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
DrStrangelove said:
metagaia said:

We apologize for the incorrect data that was presented in the official rules, which have been changed to reflect the correction.

Please register and hopefully you'll win some very cool gaming gear.
how about New Zealand is the contest open here?
I usually always ignore these contests because I can never enter them anyways :(