The Escapist Show: Episode 38: Crytek

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Episode 38: Crytek

This week, Russ upgrades his gaming PC, and an interview with Crytek's CEO, Cevat Yerli.

This week's musical guests:

Ian Dorsch [http://www.willowtreeaudio.com] - "Escapist Show Theme"
Younnat [http://www.younnat.com] - "Doctor Verhovtsevs Dream"
DJ Drunken Master [http://www.djdm.com] - "UNSC AI"

Watch Video

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Nice I need to start watching this show. I can't believe I never noticed it till now.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Russ should have actually been set on fire, go for authenticity!

Brief edit, what the FUCK, possessed you to do the awesome panda...

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Chaos Marine said:
For some reason, videos wont play through Firefox but they will with IE. o_O
Our video player was recently upgraded. If you're running any kind of adblocker, it will not load. :-/ Sorry about that.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Russ with a sledgehammer made me nostalgic for Donkey Kong.
Mariena said:
To be honest.. I understood about half of what that guy said..
You managed to get half of that in? Actually I was busy musing on when Russ tries to overclock his system. Think after today there will be a padlock installed on his pc case, put there by the IT guys.

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Russ Pitts said:
Chaos Marine said:
Our video player was recently upgraded. If you're running any kind of adblocker, it will not load. :-/ Sorry about that.
This one's adblock's issue; their recent update breaks it. All was happy and nice with the new player for days before that.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
You know, for all the gags and talk about the CryEngine, you know we're just thinking of the freaky Panda.
Dang, that is one freaky panda.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
I thought we would get some footage of you playing Russ :)

Panda made up for it though :D (Poor kitties, they stood no chance :()

Gilgamesh00

Nov 22, 2008
Well I like how the guy thinks, I only hope they do manage to learn from their mistakes and make a much better game (not that Crysis wasn't a good game), or rather, I hope they're able to differentiate between what was good and what was bad about their first game.

Also, the panda was randomly scary.

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Mariena said:
To be honest.. I understood about half of what that guy said..
I don't get people that can't understand what other people with accents foreign to their own are saying.

Seems like what he was essentially saying at the start there is his mission statement was to create technologically-advanced games that won't run on your average new PC.

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
Chaos Marine said:
I have the opposite problem -- I can play the videos just fine in Firefox/Chrome, but the player refuses to load at all (just a black box) in IE.

Might have something to do with my uptime, though. I haven't rebooted for >3 months... :)

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
Russ, how much would I have to pay you to "upgrade" my computer? I currently have an iMac G4 [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMac_G4], and I would like to see it "upgraded" as soon as possible.

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
paulgruberman said:
Russ Pitts said:
Chaos Marine said:
This one's adblock's issue; their recent update breaks it. All was happy and nice with the new player for days before that.
Yep. I disabled a filter for a script which I thought "hmmm, yes!" and now it works again, with adblock.

Which one it was? I have no clue. :)

InProgress

Feb 15, 2008
Russ, thank you for a great lesson in upgrading/installing components in PC cases. Now, where did I put that Rubix's cube?