The Escapist's Favorite Things About Doctor Who

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Valkrex said:
Next was the episode "Dalek" where Eccleston finds a Dalek on Earth. Eccleston was the first Doctor I saw, and I had heard things about the Daleks before, so seeing one was certainly unnerving. What REALLY sold that episode for me though was seeing The Doctor, who had been an unstoppable badass up to this point, banging on the Dalek's prison door screaming "LET ME OUT" and sounding completely terrified while doing so. It was actually scary, what in the world could scare this guy so bad? Then the rest of the episode happened and I saws the amount of carnage ONE Dalek could cause and I began to understand why these things were so iconic.
I loved Eccleston's foaming tirade in that episode. The one where the Dalek says he would make an excellent Dalek. It was one of the most passionate bits on the revived series and I think it helped show just how deep things ran between the Doctor and the Daleks. Eccleston's Doctor had already shown off survivor's guilt, but a single surviving Dalek could kick him into a frothing rage.

It also made the end of "The Doctor Dances" (the second part of the two-parter with the kid in the gas mask you mentioned) all the better, I think, because of the varying range only a couple of episodes apart. But that might just be me.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Tanis said:
I REALLY loved episodes like 'Blink'.
I mean, how often (in the history TV) do you get one of the best episodes of a series...without the main cast in it?
How often does a TV show genuinely scare you too.

They changed the rules a lot about what an Angel is and does over the years but they were still great.

I am ticked that they are talking about a cap on the number of regenerations the doctor may do. But you can't over analyze these shows. They aren't meant for that. Just enjoy them.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I'm more familiar with New Who than Classic Who... though I'm willing to rectify that if need be.

Anyway, I've enjoyed the adventures of the last few doctors and their companions. (My favorite companion is Rory, for how damn loyal and outright awesome he can be).

I'm willing to give this new Doctor a shot, thought it'll take some getting used to.