The Escapist's Holiday Buyer's Guide

Taco of flames

May 30, 2009
My jaw hit the floor as soon as I read the words titanium spork. It could only be described as : DEAR SANTA, DO WANT!

JC175

Feb 27, 2009
I'm in love with the Cure shirt. And those headphones wouldn't be too bad either.

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
Damn, why must the sunglasses maker not make a form of clip-on shades?! Seriously, I'd buy a pair if I could use them along with my normal glasses.

Nightfalke

Just this guy, you know?
Sep 10, 2008
Only issue I have with this list is:

Did it really have to be 7 pages long? Are we turning into CNN and Salon where a top ten list takes 5 clicks to vew completely?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Kuliani said:
Damn, why must the sunglasses maker not make a form of clip-on shades?! Seriously, I'd buy a pair if I could use them along with my normal glasses.
I actually think they come in prescription lenses, too.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Nightfalke said:

Did it really have to be 7 pages long? Are we turning into CNN and Salon where a top ten list takes 5 clicks to vew completely?
Seven contributors, seven pages. Seems reasonable to me.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Nightfalke said:

I would have been happy with three pages, but seven pages of gift tips is amazing! So you have to click a few more links, like that'll kill you.

Christmas gifts are always tricky to ask for, because anything I really want to have is too expensive to ask for, and if there was something I really want to have that's not too expensive to ask for, I would already have bought it myself. So these tips are very helpful. I'd like to see more buyer's guides like this in the future, even when it's not Christmas. It could serve as gift tips for birthdays or other special occasions, or just for things that would be cool to have. I think a Buyer's Guide section would be a good addition to the Escapist.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
LTK_70 said:
Susan Arendt said:
Nightfalke said:

I would have been happy with three pages, but seven pages of gift tips is amazing! So you have to click a few more links, like that'll kill you.
Seriously. Maybe Page One should have been a full-page ad for a little robot that would move the little-wittle mousie and click the itty-bitty bootons for you, you pansy. ;)

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Who recommended A short history of nearly everything? I love that book, and it's intresting how parts are out of date (pluto being the largest) even though it was published just six years ago.

Quoth

Aug 28, 2008
Oooh that coffee maker is very nice and you can get it on Amazon UK too.
Thanks for an interesting list, I never know what novelty gifts to get for Christmas.

Snork Maiden

Snork snork
Nov 25, 2009
lostclause said:
Mstrswrd said:
So, who saw the Titanium Spork and instantly decided that that is what they wanted this holiday season?
I'm more of a cuddly squid guy myself.
lostclause said:
Mstrswrd said:
So, who saw the Titanium Spork and instantly decided that that is what they wanted this holiday season?
I'm more of a cuddly squid guy myself.
The squid went straight onto my Christmas list before I'd evenr ead the rest of the article.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
nilcypher said:
Simalacrum said:
HOLY CRAP, the titanium spork is made of awesome o_O
No, it's made of titanium. :p
...shhh!

It hasn't stopped me from being inspired into making a church [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Church-of-the-holy-spork] worshipping the thing :p