The Escapist's New Background

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
The Escapist's New Background

Dear Escapists,

We are happy to announce that, as of today and due to overwhelming popular demand, we are releasing a new default site skin along with multiple other background options for your browsing pleasure. You've asked for it, and we're ever eager to accommodate requests for more shiny. Give in to your curiosity, check it out, rejoice in the awesomeness, and then let us know what you think!

If you glance at the right hand side of your user profile you will find your http://omfgdogs.com/ [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/browsing_options]). Some of our skins are animated, but you have the option of disabling this feature. It should be noted that these preferences will only be in effect as long as the site isn't otherwise engaged in a promotion. Publisher's Club offers ad-free viewing of the site, so its members are exempt from this condition and can always view their background of choice.

We hope that you enjoy the change of scenery and we welcome you to continue to provide us with your feedback!

Thank you for your support,
- The Escapist Staff

image: Flickr [http://www.flickr.com/photos/laffy4k/404298099/]

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Neato! Thanks guys!

EDIT: Holy shit the puppies are seizure inducing! Tell me you have one of these planned for kitties?!

CheesyGrin1992

Mar 14, 2011
This is good. It finally feels like the Escapist again, while also having a new and up to date feel. I have yet to check out the extra backgrounds, but even the new default makes me very happy.

Thanks guys, good work.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Well that explains why the background suddenly changed.

For a second there i thought I was seeing things again.

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
Sleek blue; now that's what I like to see. The Escapist 'purrs' again.

And what in heaven's name is 'Bacon Ipsum'?

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Fappy said:
Neato! Thanks guys!

EDIT: Holy shit the puppies are seizure inducing! Tell me you have one of these planned for kitties?!
Puppies? What puppies? o_O

caiman16

May 27, 2009
"Bacon Ipsum" is a joke about "Lorem Ipsum", which is used in graphic design to see a mock up of the final design.

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
IndianaJonny said:

Ha, there is a series of latin words strung together in gibberish that designers often use to test fonts out. It begins "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet". [user]Thynameismud[/user] found a bacon version because bacon is amongst the best of all things that are good.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
wintercoat said:
Fappy said:
Neato! Thanks guys!

Under the background settings the last option is puppies. Its... kind of awesome... though I think it would attract unwanted attention when at work >.>

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
Awesome!!! Thank you very much guys.

Puppies made me laugh a lot. Can we get one with ZOMGPONIES? Or even better... Ponycorns?

I friggin' love ponycorns.

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
Mumorpuger said:

Puppies made me laugh a lot. Can we get one with ZOMGPONIES? Or even better... Ponycorns?
Stay tuned, we're going to be making another announcement later this week about how you can get involved :)

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Fappy said:
wintercoat said:
Fappy said:
Neato! Thanks guys!

Under the background settings the last option is puppies. Its... kind of awesome... though I think it would attract unwanted attention when at work >.>
Wow...didn't even see the background options...shows how much I paid attention.

On that note...OMG PUPPIES!!!!!

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
caiman16 said:
"Bacon Ipsum" is a joke about "Lorem Ipsum", which is used in graphic design to see a mock up of the final design.
http://baconipsum.com/ [http://baconipsum.com/]

An important tool.

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
Nasrin said:
IndianaJonny said:

Ha, there is a series of latin words strung together in gibberish that designers often use to test fonts out. It begins "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet". [user]Thynameismud[/user] found a bacon version because bacon is amongst the best of all things that are good.
Mouth-watering gibberish, huh? The best kind of gibberish there is.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Wow you guys are real cool dudes!
And by cool dudes I mean brilliant!

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Oh well done escapist. Now I have no choice but to have flashing craziness on my sidebars like its a 90's website. You know I can't resist cute little doggies.

Whose a good doggie? yous a good doggie with big floppy hair.

By which I mean Thanks.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Nasrin said:
Mumorpuger said:

Stay tuned, we're going to be making another announcement later this week about how you can get involved :)
If by "getting involved" you mean give amazing feedback/suggestions here's mine: have a background of a volcano spewing a fountain of adorable kittens out the top.