The Escapist's New Background

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Sweet, very awesome of the Escapist to give the choice of background to our own hands.
And i have to say, the puppies are cool...but really, really seizure-ish. But cool nonetheless.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Thankyou to anyone who made this happen - now I can read the Escapist in my darkened lair again!

[small]Now can we get a mobile-friendly version?[/small]

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Thanks to the ideas group I've been seeing some of these all week, but I see there are now even more choices, awesome!
CheesyGrin1992 said:
This is good. It finally feels like the Escapist again, while also having a new and up to date feel. I have yet to check out the extra backgrounds, but even the new default makes me very happy.

Thanks guys, good work.
I agree, the default is very comfortable.

Tomtitan

Jun 7, 2010
What? This puppies one is so silly! How can I ever used that as my def-

DOGSDOGSDOGSDOGSDOGSDOGSDOGSDOGSDOGSDOGSDOGSDOGS

Yeah, this one's staying.

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO YOUR FANS!

Dear god, did the original pure white background destroy my face! This is SO much more pleasing!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love you all.

Arkley

Mar 12, 2009
The Escapist's site designers have clearly compromised their artistic integrity, and thus the artistic integrity of all site designs, by buckling to fan demand for a less shitty site design.

Dec 14, 2009
The puppies gave me an aneurysm.

I demand compesatidsadasbaibadbYGTefjabnsdfn;ajncvkas fnJBHFPASIHDBFHVHDFVHSHDB

*drools*

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Did anyone else's background options reset to default after a bit once you changed them? Mine just did. Bug? Isolated incident? Alien conspiracy? Magic? Puppies?!

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
snow for me, i will shout curses at the stuff in winter but always kinda miss it in the summertime

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
This is great news!
More than I'd hoped for when complaining about the background a while ago.

Ta muchly.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
caiman16 said:
"Bacon Ipsum" is a joke about "Lorem Ipsum", which is used in graphic design to see a mock up of the final design.
Lol, yeah I spotted that one. I found it more amusing then the actual backgrounds.

Fappy said:
Neato! Thanks guys!

EDIT: Holy shit the puppies are seizure inducing! Tell me you have one of these planned for kitties?!
My... my brain... can't think. Can't see... can't puppy... PUPPIES!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
You know the background options would of been 20% cooler if you had a pony option preferable MLP: FiM.

I'm kidding! I was pefectly fine with the last background option but none the less I'm glad to see the original background.

AwesomeExpress

Packages Delivered: 84 / 1900
Feb 4, 2010
I think that's a pretty sweet idea! I'ma go check it out and see what I come up with. I just thought the background was being changed to blue, and that was pretty cool in itself, but that I can customise the background? That's just awesome! (express)