The Escapist's New Background

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
Arkley said:
The Escapist's site designers have clearly compromised their artistic integrity, and thus the artistic integrity of all site designs, by buckling to fan demand for a less shitty site design.
Please take care to phrase your criticisms respectfully.

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
That's great, I thought I was just having a wicked nostalgia trip for a minute.

HoradricNoob

Jan 31, 2010
I went through all of them one at a time, hesitating on puppies. I thought to myself, "the others have been...okay, surely this will just be some pastoral photo of a puppy in the grass or some such." When I clicked the submit button I sealed my fate; All 32 inches of my screen exploded in light and color, fear and horror, desperation and madness. With my last cognitive thought I type out this message as a warning to all other escapists: Beware. The. Puppies.

*HoradricNoob slips off into a vegetative state.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Fappy said:
Nasrin said:
Mumorpuger said:
Awesome!!! Thank you very much guys.

Puppies made me laugh a lot. Can we get one with ZOMGPONIES? Or even better... Ponycorns?
Stay tuned, we're going to be making another announcement later this week about how you can get involved :)
If by "getting involved" you mean give amazing feedback/suggestions here's mine: have a background of a volcano spewing a fountain of adorable kittens out the top.
I advocate this plan.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Nasrin said:
Mumorpuger said:

Puppies made me laugh a lot. Can we get one with ZOMGPONIES? Or even better... Ponycorns?
Stay tuned, we're going to be making another announcement later this week about how you can get involved :)
I sense a design competition maybe?

OT: ZP Yellow... awaaaaaaay!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Susan Arendt said:
Fappy said:
Nasrin said:
Mumorpuger said:

If by "getting involved" you mean give amazing feedback/suggestions here's mine: have a background of a volcano spewing a fountain of adorable kittens out the top.
I advocate this plan.
And there's Susan's stamp of approval. Make it happen! :D

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
So you caved, eh?

The artistic integrity of this site has now been damaged beyond repair and the medium of websites set back decades!

Shame on you Escapist. This is why we can't have nice things.

[sub][sub][sub]Sorry. I just couldn't resist.[/sub][/sub][/sub]

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Oh wow, the puppies are so painful. xD

I think I'll stick with the Apocalypse one. Seems pretty cool. :0

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
OK, so I love the blue one, but I also love Fireworks, and I love both Zero Punctuation. Seriously Escapist, why do you make me choose one out of 4 awesome!?!?!?!?!

I'll stick with Zero Punctuation for now.

-Torchedini-

Gone Bonzo
Dec 28, 2009
Thanks for the not rotate options,
I would be watching a video on the site and something changes in my screen and I am always searching what exactly happens. It was really annoying.

Also can you provide higher quality backgrounds? Im on a full hd screen and some of the lines of the ZP background look a little jagged. Is that just me or?

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
If you think the puppies background is seizure inducing, CTRL - to zoom out all the way and then stare at it....

I wholeheartedly approve of this update.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Hit the Escapist today and I was in awe. Is that the classic Escapist background I see?!?!?

There was much rejoicing, and thank you for listening to your user base, even if it took months for you to finally give in.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
i see Retake The Escapist was successful. Way to give in to consumer demand. I know a lot of people are now going to ask "doesn't this change take away from the artistic vision of the original artists?"

but i think it was the right move. instead of just a different color, we can now see how our choices effected us by watching the puppies chase after rainbows.

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
Mumorpuger said:

I friggin' love ponycorns.
I hate myself for getting that reference XD

DAMMIT SISSY!
And I love you for the same. :D

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Thank my chaotic lord that we have the old default back and more. That white was bleaching the color from my face and arms.
Fappy said:
Nasrin said:
Mumorpuger said:

Volcano kittens. You'll kill us all man!
I very much like the idea of letting the talented of the shuffling undead masses of The Escapists help in creating some awesome backgrounds for the site, and maybe more.