The Escapist's New Background

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
-Torchedini- said:
Thanks for the not rotate options,
I would be watching a video on the site and something changes in my screen and I am always searching what exactly happens. It was really annoying.

Also can you provide higher quality backgrounds? Im on a full hd screen and some of the lines of the ZP background look a little jagged. Is that just me or?
We'll look into that. Thank you!

May 5, 2010
WOAH Holy crap! I didn't even notice until I saw the article, but thank GOD. That looks SO much better. Hello blue rectangles. My old friends.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
The puppies make me want to vomit rainbows during the 3DS-like seizure it gave me. Kind of surprised that there wasn't a DDKR or PONY! theme, somewhere in there.

The default, apocalypse, and black ZP are fairly calm. I'll probably switch between those.

Also, hey, had you guys held out longer, we might have tried to bribe you with cupcakes. You caved too soon!

Hulyen

Apr 20, 2009
Thank you for letting me turn off the rotating stuff!

Minor bug: I keep trying to set background animation to 'No' but every time I go back to that page, it's set back to 'Yes.'

Also, a request: I used to catch up on videos on lunch at work from my phone, but after the site design, it's REALLY hard to do. It's difficult to browse, nothing will load until everything has loaded on a page, and the news is super difficult to browse - which sucks since I barely get reception in my work's office. Maybe a separate mobile setup that's faster and more streamlined? The current setup is GREAT for my home pc, but yeah.

At any rate, keep up the great work guys! <3

TheMadJayWoman

Apr 24, 2009
Thank you kindly! All that white hurted my poor little strained eyeballs...

Now is there anything you can do for my carpal tunnel syndrome...?

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Heh, there I was wondering why my background had suddenly changed. I'm sticking with the white (first person to say that?) but I totally appreciate the option to change if I feel like it.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Very cool. Loving the Fireworks background. It's easier on my eyes.
Besides, the promotional panels aren't too obnoxious...usually.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Zhukov said:
So you caved, eh?

The artistic integrity of this site has now been damaged beyond repair and the medium of websites set back decades!

Shame on you Escapist. This is why we can't have nice things.

[sub][sub][sub]Sorry. I just couldn't resist.[/sub][/sub][/sub]
You could've and in fact should've.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Option to turn of animation doesn't work for me, I wasn't planning on keeping it off but tried it.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
BehattedWanderer said:
The puppies make me want to vomit rainbows during the 3DS-like seizure it gave me. Kind of surprised that there wasn't a DDKR or PONY! theme, somewhere in there.

The default, apocalypse, and black ZP are fairly calm. I'll probably switch between those.

Also, hey, had you guys held out longer, we might have tried to bribe you with cupcakes. You caved too soon!
Juuuuuuuust wait.

Also, you guys never come through with the cupcakes. You taunt us with them, then never deliver. It is sad making. We are jaded and bitter now.

Major_Tom

Anticitizen
Jun 29, 2008
Good job. Some bugs:
I noticed that changing the Content Background Color to anything other than default when using default or apocalypse themes fucks up the top part with the motto thingy. Also, it appears that most of the page is not properly integrated with the apocalypse theme (only the bottom part is). Currently, black ZP works best for me.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
I had rainbow puppies on but then it switched back to default blue. This probably won't be too much of a problem.

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
RanD00M said:
Nasrin said:
new default site skin
You're fucking me right. You must be because this is in no way new, but a reset to the old good one.
Well, it's new again at the least. And new to people who have come to the site since our redesign. I'm not certain that it's exactly the same as the original/classic, but at least it is very, very close.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Nasrin said:
RanD00M said:
Nasrin said:
new default site skin
You're fucking me right. You must be because this is in no way new, but a reset to the old good one.
Well, it's new again at the least. And new to people who have come to the site since our redesign. I'm not certain that it's exactly the same as the original/classic, but at least it is very, very close.
Trust me, it's the old design. It even has those almost invisible stripes that I will never, FUCKING NEVER, forget.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Wow, finally a change I can get behind. I can finally turn off the black background I've been using.

Thanks guys!