Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
RanD00M said:
Nasrin said:
RanD00M said:
Nasrin said:
new default site skin
You're fucking me right. You must be because this is in no way new, but a reset to the old good one.
Well, it's new again at the least. And new to people who have come to the site since our redesign. I'm not certain that it's exactly the same as the original/classic, but at least it is very, very close.
Trust me, it's the old design. It even has those almost invisible stripes that I will never, FUCKING NEVER, forget.
o_O

Did the almost invisible stripes hurt you?
You can tell me the truth, it's okay!

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
BehattedWanderer said:
The puppies make me want to vomit rainbows during the 3DS-like seizure it gave me. Kind of surprised that there wasn't a DDKR or PONY! theme, somewhere in there.

The default, apocalypse, and black ZP are fairly calm. I'll probably switch between those.

Also, hey, had you guys held out longer, we might have tried to bribe you with cupcakes. You caved too soon!
Juuuuuuuust wait.

Also, you guys never come through with the cupcakes. You taunt us with them, then never deliver. It is sad making. We are jaded and bitter now.
If we had ready access to an address to the Escapist office (which may or may not be the one on the Themis Media site, I'm unsure) then we might send you nice things.

Or you could do the cookie competition again that you did a few years ago! I know only one person actually sent you something last time but I'd at least send something if you did it again!

Nasrin said:
o_O

I'll get the doll so he can point out where the almost invisible stripes hurt him!

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I love the Apocalypse one! I had the Firewoks one before, but not animated... so it was just a skyline pic of somewhere I didn't actually know, but now I have the awesome looking demi destroyed wall look! Thank you! I like it!! :D

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Nasrin said:
TimeLord said:
If we had ready access to an address to the Escapist office (which may or may not be the one on the Themis Media site, I'm unsure) then we might send you nice things.
http://www.themis-media.com/content/contact

Proceed to send the cupcakes, sir!
Would cookies or brownies suffice? I'm not great at making cupcakes and I'm not sure they could survive the trip between Scotland and North Carolina without being thrown about and destroyed by the postal service!

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
TimeLord said:
Nasrin said:
TimeLord said:

Would cookies or brownies suffice? I'm not great at making cupcakes and I'm not sure they could survive the trip between Scotland and North Carolina without being thrown about and destroyed by the postal service!
We also accept soul gems!

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I was used to the blinding whiteness of the background a couple of days after the new site layout was released. But this is great, thanks guys.

I'm going to go with animated puppies because I feel like having a seizure.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Nasrin said:
o_O

No, but they are watching, waiting, one wrong move and POW! you become one of them. You can never be too trustful of stripes.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Nasrin said:
TimeLord said:

Susan Arendt said:
Also, you guys never come through with the cupcakes. You taunt us with them, then never deliver. It is sad making. We are jaded and bitter now.

Well, we can't have that. Since Nasrin has supplied an address for these mythical cupcakes, could you give us an idea of how many cupcakes to send? Maybe we can get on this.

DktrAgonizer

Jun 7, 2010
Man, does it feel nice to have that blue background again! I also quite like the black ZP background. Thanks, guys.

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
BehattedWanderer said:
Well, we can't have that. Since Nasrin has supplied an address for these mythical cupcakes, could you give us an idea of how many cupcakes to send? Maybe we can get on this.
Well, we're a very small staff in the creative office! About 20 or so. If you tab over to the "team" tab on that page, you'll see all of us.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Yay! This is totally a positive move. Thank you to all the Escapist staff that made this happen!

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Nasrin said:
BehattedWanderer said:
Well, we're a very small staff in the creative office! About 20 or so. If you tab over to the "team" tab on that page, you'll see all of us.
Okay, cool, didn't know if that was everyone or not. That's not bad at all. This should be totally doable. Maybe when we see how all these changes play out, we'll set something up.

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
BehattedWanderer said:
Nasrin said:
BehattedWanderer said:
Okay, cool, didn't know if that was everyone or not. That's not bad at all. This should be totally doable. Maybe when we see how all these changes play out, we'll set something up.
Many of us are ninjas, so no funny business! haha. But cupcakes aside, we're all glad that you like the new backgrounds so much.

Evil Moo

Always Watching...
Feb 26, 2011
Ah, a definite improvement. The default is a nice dark shade that soothes my eyes amidst the burning fury of pale memories. Thank you for your time and consideration in implementing these changes.

One suggestion I would make however is to add more options for the content background colour. The choice of white, pale grey, very slightly darker grey and pale beige do not provide well for my taste for darkness. I'm not demanding that you make a pure black one (though pure black or very dark grey with medium grey text works well for me, if you are willing to go that way), but something a little darker would be appreciated.

Spaceparanoid42

Oct 29, 2010
Oh, no! They changed the website because the users wanted them to? But that destroys The Escapist's artistic integrity! They made an artistic decision to have the website the way it was before, and now they've caved in to the demands of the whiny fan-boys instead! This could set a dangerous precedent for future websites! It could set the entire medium of web design back 10 years! How will anyone take Websites seriously as an Art-Form if they're subject to the whims of over-entitled fans?

/sarcasm

Seriously though, I like the new background.