The Escapist's New Background

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
Spaceparanoid42 said:
Oh, no! They changed the website because the users wanted them to? But that destroys The Escapist's artistic integrity! They made an artistic decision to have the website the way it was before, and now they've caved in to the demands of the whiny fan-boys instead! This could set a dangerous precedent for future websites! It could set the entire medium of web design back 10 years! How will anyone take Websites seriously as an Art-Form if they're subject to the whims of over-entitled fans?

/sarcasm

Seriously though, I like the new background.
Okay seriously guys, what is with all this artistic integrity satire? We're trying to do something nice for you, please accept it graciously and don't be so hard on the art team.

EDIT: But really, is this a reference to something specific? It's the third or fourth time I've seen that.

DOUBLE EDIT: Oh! Mass Effect... right, how could I forget.. carry on sir!

Hurricadium

Feb 24, 2012
Nasrin said:
Okay seriously guys, what is with all this artistic integrity satire? We're trying to do something nice for you, please accept it graciously and don't be so hard on the art team.

EDIT: But really, is this a reference to something specific? It's the third or fourth time I've seen that.
I do believe they are playing off the debate surrounding the idea of changing the Mass Effect 3 ending.

Hurricadium

Feb 24, 2012
Nasrin said:

I do believe they are playing off the debate surrounding the idea of changing the Mass Effect 3 ending.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Arkley said:
The Escapist's site designers have clearly compromised their artistic integrity, and thus the artistic integrity of all site designs, by buckling to fan demand for a less shitty site design.
I'm amused.

On topic: Much better. Thank fuck for that. ZP Black is decent too, but the classic blue reigns supreme.

Also, fuck Puppies.

Yal

We are a rattlesnake
Dec 22, 2010
Oh goodness, I could watch that Pomeranian just about forever...

I think we need a new button badge for this one.

Chris646

Jan 3, 2011
Thank you, good people of The Escapist! Glad to have the blue-black back. It's much nicer on the eyes.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
OH MY GOD! The puppies background is incredibly annoying! I am so keeping it. Thanks, guys.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
I currently have the puppy background. The best way to sum up my reaction is to quote the "solvemedia" captcha: "i'm blessed".

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
Hurricadium said:
Nasrin said:

Oh! Well carry on with your jokes then. I thought you were making fun of us, haha.

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
Oh hey, the site kinda looks like how it used to... You know, that is the format that didn't need changing.

HOW AWESOME.

...But seriously, glad it's not eye gouging white anymore. The site gradually improved with time and the restoration of the classic background is a welcome addition.

Now, for the love of GOD, please do NOT change the god damn format AGAIN. This is FINE.

DO
NOT
FUCKING
CHANGE
IT
AGAIN.

Please...

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
My good sir words cannot describe the overwhelming joy I feel at this announcement. If were to be sitting next to you right now I would kiss you.