The EU referendum, my plan

starthen

Jul 1, 2016
It is time to stand up for a cause. This is my solution for the EU crisis, and anyone internationally can join.
But it specifically involves the heart and soul of gamers.

In modern times, as well as old, it is excruciatingly difficult to gain publicity, or a following, for a movement. That is why I humbly thank the forums for allowing me to post this.

My movement is called "Start The N."

https://www.change.org/p/the-organisation-beginning-with-n-post-eu-referendum-political-solution-start-the-n

It is said that gamers can be very politically minded, and I think that may be the root cause for me starting this. It is no coincidence that my political values are as strong as my feelings towards the gaming industry.

With this petition, gamers can get their voice heard and offer a novel solution to the crisis that may catch on!

When you view the link, "you will understand."

Thanks for listening.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Okay, what the flying fuck did I just read?

Good luck trying to get gamers to sign anything that includes the term "fun tax".

Namehere

Forum Title
May 6, 2012
WTF did I just read?

I feel as though time in my life has been wasted and I want it back. I'm also frightened that mess of a petition has any never mind two signatures as of me posting this.

I don't even know what to say about this would-be petition. An ass like me isn't often at a loss for words. Well done petitioner!

starthen

Jul 1, 2016
I can understand any confusion that this may have. Basically the plan is to create ideological drive. Any area that could be promoted by ideological thinking, is included. For example, Detroit. Detroit is not something on everyone's minds, but to some people, reconstructing it would feel more like an ideology than an action plan.

All of the propositions I have mentioned have an ideologically mysterious feel to them, and also, who you are voting for (the organisation) is a bit of a mystery. But once it catches on, a great movement could be started, if only people would take the basic idea of voting for "The N."

Also, the fun tax is not meant to tax people's 'fun,' it is meant to tax the rich for the development of fun. I can see why this might confuse some people.

Remember, if you want something different, sign this petition.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
*Reads thread*
*Reads petition*

starthen

Jul 1, 2016
Well, thankyou for all your kind support. Haha, I can see that people can be pretty stubborn, but a few people will support it.

wizzy555

Oct 14, 2010
My plan is the UK gives Gibraltar to the French in exchange for supporting open access to the Financial markets (this will piss off Spain), then the UK gives the Shetland islands to Germany in exchange for migration controls (this will piss off the Danes, and the Norwegians).

Then we just sit back and watch everyone else in chaos.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
What exactly are you petitioning for?

If you think your ideas and party has any merit, then start the political party and start campaigning for votes in your local elections like every other political party before.

Election aren't decided by petitions, they're decided by votes and ballots, which are like petitions, but require more work on your behalf but carry more weight behind them.

It seem like a colossal waste of time to gather petitions to signal approval for your campaign when you should just start campaigning and let people show their approval with votes, not meaningless petitions.

All it takes is ?500 and a bit of work on your behalf.

Pirate Of PC Master race

Rambles about half of the time
Jun 14, 2013
starthen said:
It is said that gamers can be very politically minded, and I think that may be the root cause for me starting this. It is no coincidence that my political values are as strong as my feelings towards the gaming industry.
This sounds just as terrible as how US' "separation of church and state".

Nope.

K12

Dec 28, 2012
Yeah this isn't a plan, it's the backstory to a really pretentious and badly written sci-fi novel... though to be fair Scientology is doing rather well for itself without any more coherence.

My way to voice my displeasure at the UK leaving the EU is to acquire Irish citizenship via my grandparents on my dad's side... despite the fact that I've never been to Ireland and have never met any of my Irish family (including my grandparents who died well before I was born)

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Are you honestly suggesting we put Nintendo at the head of the EU?

What? Are? You? Doing?

Also: Suggesting a "Shrine of All Religions" only reveals that you don't actually understand religion in the slightest. Shouldn't be surprised, I guess, if you want Nintendo Of The European Union to "rebuild Detroit".

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Is this an attempt to recreate Ghost in the Shell in real life? Because UK+Japan conglomerate run by a Supercomputer sounds too much like an bad anime...

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
This is the best thing I've read in a while. I felt a neck beard growing in as the awe inspiring ideology swept me up in its arms. Finally, the spirit of Gamers is here to lift us up in our time of need.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Just going to address the propositions.

1. No, they're just going to destroy it again anyway.
2. My beliefs are at odds with other beliefs and cannot be combined with others, how would that be solved?
3. Hook up three PS3s together.
4. No, Japan is ours! We bombed them to hell twice and they love us now!
5. Redistribution of Wealth is not something the entire planet can agree upon.

I still have no idea what I just read m8.
Kibeth41 said:
That'd be like America sending millions and millions to Israel.. oh wait.
I wish I could make a joke about this without a health bar strike.

savageoblivi0n

Aug 7, 2008
Me: Oh this could be interesting, someone actually has a plan to make the world a better place, let's take a look and see what they came up with..
*reads link*

I don't know what I expected, but this wasn't it...OP, this is why we can't have nice things.