"The Exodus" A Zombie RPG (Open for Reserves and Villain roles, Started)

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Hello escapists.
This will be a Zombie RPG. It sounds unoriginal, bit I'll try and make it as engaging and interesting as possible.

It all came crashing down like a house of cards caught in a cool summers breeze.
In a mere five hours the world we knew had ended. After the initial reports came in, we were all glued to our televisions and radios, some contacting others in the World Wide Web in search of some 'real' answers, because anything would sound saner than what was on the news.
They said it was a new virus from New Zealand. They were uncertain of the origin, and somehow attached that to sheep. Twenty minutes passed, sports lovers watched football from the east to the west coast. Then there was an interruption in the broadcast, it was an emergency public announcement. In an hour the virus was deemed a pandemic.
Martial law was declared across the nation. The congress approved the army to operate on American soil. Something had gone terribly wrong. Experts bombarded every single channel, speculating on the disease and how to prevent it. They were more clueless than their viewers.
Public transportation was shut down. No one could enter or leave. They thought that they had quarantined the threat. But it was already here long before they had announced the existence of the virus. Quoting the news reports from the last twenty minutes of news broadcasts, right before they began claiming it was the end of days, patient zero had landed in California and died there. It took four hours for the virus to infect every major population centre in the USA, as I estimate.
Then the aftershock came. They enacted the draft. Every able bodied man from the ages of 18 to 47 had to stand up and fight for his country. They didn't say they had to fight their own families. I presume the law enforcement agencies worked in their cities and towns, trying to save as many as possible. The army did what it was ordered.
The brass almost completely died out. The government somehow managed to evacuate to Cheney Mountain, but communications were broken off. Quoting the words of a dying Sergeant that became a platoon leader after a few minutes of watching all of his senior officers being mauled to death, 'All is fucked'. The military had split.
After giving away arms and ammunitions, along with supplies and uniforms, countless local militias were formed, splitting from the army. They now answer to their law and their rules, doing what is best for them. The rest of the army is cut to three pieces. In the east coast they still answer to the brass. The west has their own two stars general, a surviving member of the pentagon's elite, trying to figure out what's best.
The centre is no more. The sergeant said that it had assimilated into the countless of local militias, soldiers running home to their families.
Welcome. If you are hearing this then you have achieved what countless others failed at.
You achieved deceiving death.
Currently our head count is at thirty four, which means we don't have many mouths to feed, but it decreases the chance for any experienced personal to be present. You shall write down you details in forms we provide so that we shall put your skills to good use.
In our humble three story mansion that we have commandeered, we have enough land around us to act as a buffer zone, and a fence. That doesn't mean we are completely protected. Even if the dead can't climb fences, the living can.
Today, we are your family. If you dare cross that family, you will be expelled.
My name is Moses, and I shall lead you through this hell, and we shall reach our promised land.

Your character Sheets.
You received a piece of paper with some information to fill out.
If you are honest you will be assigned to a suitable job.
Name:
Profession(Before the outbreak of the pandemic):
Experience with firearms(None/Some/Extensive):
Preferred job:

1. OOC chat shall be posted in the group forum.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/owner/The-Exodus-A-Zombie-RPG?updated=1
2. Keep the discussion civilized. Posting about sensitive issues can be made, but try and not describe disturbing events. Do it off-screen
3. Being a dick. I know that this is self evident, but still, even if your character is supposed to be a loner, don't stretch it so far that nobody want to Role-play with you.
4. Leaving the game/absences - If you can't be on for a long period of time, inform me and preferably post in the group chat. You can hibernate, but leaving the game for too long will get you disqualified and eaten by zombies.
5. Use a safe word
6. Have fun

The following are the registered players and their characters:
TheIronRuler:
Name: Shlomi "Smiley" Levi
Profession: Retired
Experience with firearms: Extensive
Preffered job: Scavenger
{Appearance: A balding aged relic, Smiley is surprisingly fit for his age, his routine from the life he had at the army keeps him fit and ready. His hair is white, his gaze is accompanied with a set of two green eyes. Towering at 1.93 meters, with a small build, Smiley appears to be thirty years younger. Life isn't on friendly terms with smiley, his heart no longer operates like it used to and requires constant care and medication. He wears a blood stained white undershirt with elbow pads he found at a sporting goods store, Black trousers and a black belt. He wears USA issued army boots scavenged off the corpse of a fallen soldier.)

FinalDream:

Name: Elizabeth 'Beth' Williams
Appearance: Standing 5'9" tall Elizabeth appears thin, more due to starvation than personal preference. Her dark hair is long, scruffy and unkempt which she keeps pushed back behind her ears. She wears old black army surplus boots, grey BDU pants and a dark grey, worn looking hoodie with a faded white university logo on the front. She also carries a dark brown leather satchel bag slung over her right shoulder.
Profession: Creative Writing Lecturer at NYU
Experience with firearms: Some
Preferred Job: Scavenger

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
Name:(Formerly Cpl.) Ethan Wycliffe
Apperance: Standing at 6 feet and four inches it was easy to see Ethan. The last time he weighed he was at 195 lbs but now he wasn't really quite sure. His dark chestnut colored hair is now grown out from his buzz cut that he had when he was in the military. An explosion blinded his left eye and left numerous scars on the left side of his body. He ditched his BDU and only kept the assault vest and the gear. Now he wears green cargo pants with a black t-shirt underneath all his gear. On top of that he wears a black damaged duster. His eyepatch is simply gauze wrapped tightly around his head.
Previous profession: Soldier
Preferred job: Runner

ImSkeletor:
Name: Joseph Vanson
Appearance: Joseph has slightly messy short black hair. He has blue eyes and he is six foot two and very muscular without being very bulky. He wears a t-shirt with the sleeves cut off and blue jeans. He also wears sneakers. Joseph's nose is a bit bent in the middle from the times he has broken it during a fight. He keeps a machete and brass knuckles in a small back pack along with an almost empty container of sugar pills, his boxing shorts, some water, and a picture of his family. Joseph has hypoglycemia so he needs to keep his blood sugar up or else he gets very ill.
Profession: Boxer
Experience with firearms: None
Preferred job: Heavy Lifting, Protection, open to suggestions.

Tips_of_Fingers:
Name: Ben "Two-Bit" Hack
Appearance: 5ft 9, lean and with only a little muscle, Two-Bit is a "don't-give-a-fuck" punk. His hazel eyes stare grimly at a world that never cared for him, the gaze made twice as sinister thanks to the addition of red rings caused by years of drug-abuse, exhaustion and the inevitable withdrawal. His face used to have loads of piercings but the only ones that remain are 3 in each ear, the lost metalwork leaving a plethora of unsanitary and ugly scars.
Two-Bit's once impressive foot high, red mohican now simply falls lank and dirty down to one side of his face, the sides of his head slowly growing back the colour of dried mud.
Despite having tattoos all over his body, the only ones that are not hidden by clothing is a selection of bats swooping up the right side of his neck and the tips of a red, flaming tsunami on the back of each hand.
Two-Bit's clothes are standard punk garb: sturdy combat boots; tattered, black skinny jeans; some obscure band t-shirt and a tartan-studded jacket with all manner of punk-band patches covering it. One thing that makes Two-Bit stand out from other survivors is the purple 1977 Gibson Les Paul guitar strapped to his back.
Previous profession: Lead Guitarist in famous punk band, Scum Triumphant.
Experience with firearms: Some (many people have pulled guns on him in the past but he has only ever fired one once, and that was when he was 12 years old, shooting cans in an alley.)
Preferred job: Whatever's going.
Bo Latner
Name: Boulregard "Grim" Davenport
Profession: Was an electronics expert for a small mercenary group.
Appearance: He is about 6'1" and weighs 200lbs. He is a little more fat than muscle but can still get out of trouble with ease. He has short, flat, and brown hair that never needs grooming. His eyes are bluish-grey, and have a tendency to scan the immediate area instead of focusing on the guy talking. His face was slightly pale, but it was barely noticeable. He always seemed to be optimistic about any kind of situation and was always smiling, but was also known for pulling the trigger without a second thought. His usual clothing is of a plain crimson hoodie with blue jean pants, and tennis shoes (he always knew how to blend into the crowd). Due to his mercenary group experience, he knew his way around most guns.
Job preference: Radio Operator/ Open to suggestions.
venom 3135
Name: Jack Hammond
Profession(Before the outbreak of the pandemic): Jack played a double agent roll for a dangerouse gang he was in. He infiltrated the police before he got a criminal record so that his gang could keep one step ahead of the police. He doesn't talk about it anymore, however and claims to be a clinical psychologist.
Experience with firearms(None/Some/Extensive): Extensive
Preferred job: Jack learned a few tricks in his past and so takes whatever job is going.
appearence: Jacks most destincitve facial feature is his eyes. He has bright green eyes. He has black hair, going grey in places, but this isn't really noticable unless you look closely. He has a boney jaw and light stubble, with a long thin mouth. He has a hard gaze that shows detemrination in everything he does. he has broad shoulders and an athletic build. Despite his appearence, he isn't too good at bare hand combat. He is tall at about 6'2.

If you aren't registered here then it's probably because I'm lazy and I'll post you here.
Any players with special conditions - Villains or reserves will be listed as such.

If you have the urge to participate, send me a message and I'll add you to our group.
We're beginning the game now.
EDIT: We have our first mid-season entry!
Yay. Name's venom 3135, automatically hired. Tell him and me what do you think of his character in the chat. And please, stay alive, there are zombies out there.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010

Name: Elizabeth 'Beth' Williams

Appearance: Standing 5'9" tall Elizabeth appears thin, more due to starvation than personal preference. Her dark hair is long, scruffy and unkempt which she keeps pushed back behind her ears. She wears old black army surplus boots, grey BDU pants and a dark grey, worn looking hoodie with a faded white university logo on the front. She also carries a dark brown leather satchel bag slung over her right shoulder.

Profession: Creative Writing Lecturer at NYU

Preferred Job: Scavenger

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
While I feel a bit more info wouldn't hurt, the premise sounds promising to say the least. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

[blockquote]
Name: Mike Nylund
Appearance: Tall and lean, Mike has been said to resemble a scarewcrow. A closer inspection will however show a hard body, covered with tough sinewy muscle. His hair is golden in color, and long and unkempt. Mike wears a pair of jeans and working boots, as well as the trucker cap that rarely leaves his head. He also has a pair of aviator sunglasses that he often wears or has clipped to his shirt collar when it's too dark.
Previous profession: Trucker
Preferred job: Driver/Open for suggestions
[/blockquote]

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
Name:(Formerly Cpl.) Ethan Wycliffe

Apperance: Standing at 6 feet and four inches it was easy to see Ethan. The last time he weighed he was at 195 lbs but now he wasn't really quite sure. His dark chestnut colored hair is now grown out from his buzz cut that he had when he was in the military. An explosion blinded his left eye and left numerous scars on the left side of his body. He ditched his BDU and only kept the assault vest and the gear. Now he wears green cargo pants with a black t-shirt underneath all his gear. On top of that he wears a black damaged duster. His eyepatch is simply gauze wrapped tightly around his head.

Previous profession: Soldier

Preferred job: Runner

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
I shall post my character.
I'll be controlling him and our great leader, Moses.
Yeah, I know, it's intentional.

Name: Shlomi "Smiley" Levi
Profession: Retired
Preffered job: Scavenger
{Appearance: A balding aged relic, Smiley is surprisingly fit for his age, his routine from the life he had at the army keeps him fit and ready. His hair is white, his gaze is accompanied with a set of two green eyes. Towering at 1.93 meters, with a small build, Smiley appears to be thirty years younger. Life isn't on friendly terms with smiley, his heart no longer operates like it used to and requires constant care and medication. He wears a blood stained white undershirt with elbow pads he found at a sporting goods store, Black trousers and a black belt. He wears USA issued army boots scavenged off the corpse of a fallen soldier.)

I'm waiting for a few more to come in.
I'll tell you that there will be three Arcs in total, each will show the group going through The east coast, Middle America and into Cheyney Mountain in the east coast.
We will traverse the land, meet different groups and different ways to handle the situation and react according to our character. I promise you a deep Role-Play experience, with moral questions... and zombies.
You can't say no to that.

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
Name: Joseph Vanson
Appearance: Joseph has slightly messy short black hair. He has blue eyes and he is six foot two and very muscular without being very bulky. He wears a t-shirt with the sleeves cut off and blue jeans. He also wears sneakers. Joseph?s nose is a bit bent in the middle from the times he has broken it during a fight. He keeps a machete and brass knuckles in a small back pack along with some a few high in sugar bits of food, his boxing shorts, some water, and a picture of his family. Joseph has hypoglycemia so he needs to keep his blood sugar up or else he gets very ill.
Profession: Boxer
Experience with firearms: None
Preferred job: Heavy Lifting, Protection, open to suggestions.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
A bit more of the story.
We had gathered here to organize ourselves. We need to stick together and go to the only safe place on this continent. Cheyney Mountain.
On the east coast this place is the emergency home for the US government and high ranking members of the army. They have protection and a self-sufficient facility.
They have water filtration systems. Generators that could last for decades. Artificial light to cultivate plants underground.
The power plants will shut down in a few days. Water pressure will go down in less than two weeks. Without people sustaining these facilities, we could no longer live in the city.
The problem lies at our route. We first need to leave Sab Francisco. In order for us to accomplish that, we need to gather supplies. Vehicles to carry us, gasoline, food, medicine, ammunition and fire-arms. Before we defend ourselves from the dead, we defend ourselves from the living.
There are groups out there. Each one has their own agenda. I have seen the chaos in the streets. Policemen are a minority, and there are even fewer living that are capable of helping others.
I have seen death.
I have seen slavery.
I have seen rape and sexual servitude.
But I have also seen hope.
If we leave this wretched city, this Sodom, we will journey through the continent to the last place on this once beautiful country that wasn't tainted by the dead.
You are now my family. You are now my comrades in arms, my brothers and sisters.
Each and every one of you wil be assigned work to his best ability, and each and every one of you should thing first of his family, and then himself.
This is the pact we sign here today.
This is the 'Brith' we will have, trust among each other and loyalty.

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
I am in need of an RP and this seems the most promising one that remains oppen.

Name: Ben "Two-Bit" Hack

Appearance: 5ft 9, lean and with only a little muscle, Two-Bit is a "don't-give-a-fuck" punk. His hazel eyes stare grimly at a world that never cared for him, the gaze made twice as sinister thanks to the addition of red rings caused by years of drug-abuse, exhaustion and the inevitable withdrawal. His face used to have loads of piercings but the only ones that remain are 3 in each ear, the lost metalwork leaving a plethora of unsanitary and ugly scars.

Two-Bit's once impressive foot high, red mohican now simply falls lank and dirty down to one side of his face, the sides of his head slowly growing back the colour of dried mud.

Despite having tattoos all over his body, the only ones that are not hidden by clothing is a selection of bats swooping up the right side of his neck and the tips of a red, flaming tsunami on the back of each hand.

Two-Bit's clothes are standard punk garb: sturdy combat boots; tattered, black skinny jeans; some obscure band t-shirt and a tartan-studded jacket with all manner of punk-band patches covering it. One thing that makes Two-Bit stand out from other survivors is the purple 1977 Gibson Les Paul guitar strapped to his back.

Previous profession: Lead Guitarist in famous punk band, Scum Triumphant.

Experience with firearms: Some (many people have pulled guns on him in the past but he has only ever fired one once, and that was when he was 12 years old, shooting cans in an alley.)

Preferred job: Whatever's going.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
All applicants should join the Group,
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/members/The-Exodus-A-Zombie-RPG

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
We have room for one or two more.
The rest can play as our opponents and appear in the second and third act as villains too, or be at reserves and arrive whenever one of us gets eaten.

Grim327

Jul 21, 2011
Well I guess it's my turn to post my character.

Name: Boulregard "Grim" Davenport
Profession: Was an electronics expert for a small mercenary group.
Appearance: He is about 6'1" and weighs 200lbs. He is a little more fat than muscle but can still get out of trouble with ease. He has short, flat, and brown hair that never needs grooming. His eyes are bluish-grey, and have a tendency to scan the immediate area instead of focusing on the guy talking. His face was slightly pale, but it was barely noticeable. He always seemed to be optimistic about any kind of situation and was always smiling, but was also known for pulling the trigger without a second thought. His usual clothing is of a plain crimson hoodie with blue jean pants, and tennis shoes (he always knew how to blend into the crowd). Due to his mercenary group experience, he knew his way around most guns.
Job preference: Radio Operator/ Open to suggestions.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Seven is more than enough.
If you have the urge to participate, send me a message and I'll add you to our group.
We're beginning the game now.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Moses stood on the make-shift stage while the rest of the survivors finalized their forms. He then walked towards them, grabbed them and began reading them.
"Without water-" Moses looked at one page and then moved to the next, "-Food, Diesel-" Moses looked into another application. This time he made a small tear near the upper left corner of the page, "-Ammunition and vihicles-" Moses looked at another page and made a similar tear on the upper left side of the form."-We won't survive. Therefore I will send out an expedition that could bring those items back-" Moses looked at a few other forms. "-The expedition will comprise of-" Moses began looking for the forms he had tears in them.
"Shlomi Levi,Elizabeth Williams, Mike Nylud, Ethan Wycliffe-" Moses put the forms on the floor and sat on the edge of the stage, "-The rest will be assigned jobs. We will make this our fortress, and as soon as we find a clear route out of this city-" Moses moves up his arms and points to the windows near the entrance, "-We will begin out Exodus".
Moses stood up, walking towards the group. "The selected few will go to the supply room and take anything they need, but remember to travel light because you will need to haul back supplies." Moses pointed at a wooden door to his right.

Grim327

Jul 21, 2011
Stood in the back of the crowd, leaning on a wall with his head down and eyes closed listening intently. "Hmph," he grunted after hearing the names of the people that were called out to go with the leader. He shrugged and then walked towards Moses. "Hey Moses, do you have any floor plans of this mansion lying around anywhere so as we can get a better idea of where to build the best defenses. We will also need a head count to see how many people we can put on patrol and guard duty." He asked and said in a southern drawl.

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
Joseph felt like he was roasting from the inside out. He was shaking and breathing heavily. Since the amount of food was shrinking and shrinking he was no longer getting the proper amount of glucose. He grabbed his backpack and unzipped it before reaching in and pulling out half a candy bar to diminish his symptoms. He ate part of it and leaned back in his chair. Joseph thought to himself This is getting really bad now. I need to get some more food soon. He stood up still shaking a bit and said in his gravelly voice, "Yeah, we need that info quick or else we are going to be dessert for the zombies."

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Moses looked at the man approaching him. "I think we were never properly introduced. My name is Moses." Moses said, reaching his hand towards Boulregard . "Minus the expedition, we are now at thirty individuals. I was impressed by what you wrote. We could use your electrical skills greatly." Moses said with a smile on his face.
While still reaching his hand out, Moses turned to the man breathing hevily that just stood up in the crowd. "You should go and look for suger packets in the house. Ask one of the people going out for some suger." Moses said.

[cutting to second character]

Smiley rose up from the chair he was sitting on, stretching his back. He began limping towards the supply room, not looking around to find the other three that were chosen to go on the expedition with him. He opened the wooden door to the so called supply room and found a long line of desks with canned goods, electical appliances, cold blades and an assortment of ammunition boxes placed on top of them.
"I need 39 .45 ACP bullets. Three magazines. That should do it." He grumble to himself as he walked towards the ammo boxes. He glaced over the wall and saw a few backpacks laying on the ground. "That should come in handy" Smiley said out loud.

Grim327

Jul 21, 2011
"Why thank you," he said while grabbing Moses's hand to shake, "I will see what I can do with the electronics. Who knows maybe I can get something going to contact the rest of the country. Now all we need are those floor plans and we can get started on those defenses."

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
Shit shit shit- why me? Not a few days ago Eric had been running for his life from the infected.. zombies. Because that was what they were, he supposed.
When he had reached the mansion he tfigured the worst part was over, yet now this Moses guy wanted to fling him back out into the shit? The reason was as good as any- supplies. But somehow Eric still felt tricked.

At least this time he could pick up some gear. Eric stubbornly walked through the room, past Moses and another man talking about floor plans. He walked over to some ammo boxes, trying to find anything that would resemble the 9x19mm round for his Glock pistol.

"That should come in handy" The last few days had had him on edge, and the sudden voice made him jerk his arm and accidentally push a box of ammo down on the floor.
"Oops. My bad" Eric put on an embarrassed smile. Shit. Fuck. I need a smoke he thought to himself.

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
Two-Bit, slouching arrogantly in his seat, fingered a few chords on his guitar whilst pretending to keep half an ear open to what Moses was saying. Stay alive, work together, low supplies...yadda,yadda,yadda... Nothing he hadn't heard from countless leadership-types before this guy...

Not hearing his name, Two-Bit assumed he wasn't needed yet so decided to go in search of a quiet area to hide in. If they want me, they'll fucking find me, he thought to himself, hoisting his guitar onto his shoulder and heading towards the door.