The Fallout 4 Contraptions Workshop DLC Launches Today

pacouranga

Oct 8, 2015
I'm not sure what the point of this was when one of the most popular mods is literally a workbench that can craft anything without having to build huge power-sucking machines that have their own separate inventories for Junk. Having to designate a huge empty space as a dedicated Rube Goldberg Zone to sort Junk also seems kind of pointless and detrimental, especially in settlements that are teeny-tiny. Maybe someone will surprise me with an inspired use for all of these belts and machines but until then, its purpose is beyond me.

The displays are nice though. Haven't checked out the new structures but more options is always good, too.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
I'm really not sure what people were expecting for $25. Sure, I can name a handful of games with more new content for less. But on the other hand there are thousands of games that charged more than that for much less content. And for the most part those games weren't at their core as good as Fallout.

Would I have liked my season pass to contain more content... sure. But that's hardly surprising... I ALWAYS DO. At least they didn't pull that crap of multiple "seasons" of season passes. Or any content that the season pass does not actually get you. With FO4 it was just $25, boom you get all we're making. And so far, with what many... many other games seem to think their expanded content is worth... I think I've gotten my $25 worth.

And if they come back and offer some more DLC past the announced "end" of the season pass or a "season 2 pass" or something like that... yes I'll be angry. But I ALWAYS WOULD BE. That wouldn't change $25 being great value for the 6 DLC packs we are getting for FO 4. Hell, getting Far Harbor and Nuka World (even if it turns out to be only 1/2 as big as Far Harbor) for $25 is fairly good value. Adding on $20 worth of workshop DLC on top... I don't really get the whining.

Now of course Bethesda has announced that PC players get Skyrim Remastered for free as an update. That's nice of them and I really appreciate it. They also said that to get the free upgrade someone has to have purchased the "legendary" edition or has to own ALL of the DLC's. Now, I understand its for maximum compatibility and I get the reason for it. But... all the people who skipped Hearthfire because "I only buyz the STORY DLCs, I don't wanna the workshop stuffz..." I just love the idea of Bethesda saying to them "well, tough. if you want the new stuff ya gotta pony up."

Strayal

Aug 17, 2008
pookie101 said:
oh hang on i wonder if the trapdoor would work loading marcy into the junk mortar.. will the marcy space program get off the ground
Not mine, but relevant:
While it seems that there needs to be more research done in terms of aerodynamics, the Marcy Space Program (M.S.P.) does indeed look promising.

Apr 5, 2008
I don't like the idea of this DLC. For one thing, it's content for only a portion of the playerbase. Not all players spend any time on settlements. For those that do, mods have already added many items and players will continue to add much more for free. Charging us for something players can easily mod in is a little annoying. I believe they've seen the most popular mods from things like Skyrim and survival games and decided to monetise it.

These things are much easier to produce than Far Harbour style DLCs with voice actors, story, etc. I hope this is at least cheap and doesn't replace potential future content that consists of ACTUAL content.