The FBI Needs You to Solve this Code

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
Why is it the between them that there is only one '1/2' value? Would that not suggest that only the character of which '1/2' represents occurs but once or is not a character but rather a noun?

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
Mantonio said:
I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark.

It's late, so I don't have the time to test my theory, but I'll put it on here in case somebody wants to waste their time. This I literally thought up seconds ago, so excuse the fact that it's almost certainly stupid and useless.

Okay, write A = 1, B = 2 and so on through the whole alphabet. Now under that line write Z = 1, Y = 2 and so on until you've gone through the whole alphabet backwards. Using these values, swap the letters around.

For example, the letter F = 6, so we look at the other line, where 6 = U. So replace the F with a U. Now do this for all the letters, and see if it's just as nonsensical as before.

(Tip) It probably is.
F. U.

Eff You.

Eff You.

Fuck You.

Solved it.

Mantonio

Apr 15, 2009
A Raging Emo said:
Mantonio said:

It's late, so I don't have the time to test my theory, but I'll put it on here in case somebody wants to waste their time. This I literally thought up seconds ago, so excuse the fact that it's almost certainly stupid and useless.

Okay, write A = 1, B = 2 and so on through the whole alphabet. Now under that line write Z = 1, Y = 2 and so on until you've gone through the whole alphabet backwards. Using these values, swap the letters around.

For example, the letter F = 6, so we look at the other line, where 6 = U. So replace the F with a U. Now do this for all the letters, and see if it's just as nonsensical as before.

(Tip) It probably is.
F. U.

Eff You.

Eff You.

Fuck You.

Solved it.
Dude, what? What are you talking about?

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
Mantonio said:
A Raging Emo said:
Mantonio said:

(Tip) It probably is.
F. U.

Eff You.

Eff You.

Fuck You.

Solved it.
Dude, what? What are you talking about?
Right, OK, use your example as you said. If F = 6 and U = 6 then on two lines they'd be above and below one another, correct?

That menas it'd look like this:

ABCDEFGH
ZYXWVUTS

The joke was that he was just giving the FBI one big "Fuck You!" with the note.

Captcha: Dettol UsedIn.

Used in what, Captcha?!

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Mordin Solus: Think I've discovered the cipher, it's a simple... no, humans lack compound eyes. Never mind. Start from scratch.

meesebyte

Mar 30, 2011
Have you guys ever seen The Beautiful Mind? This guy might have simply been insane, recording random letters on scrap paper.

caligula123

Mar 30, 2011
The pages are not encrypted, I am pretty sure that this guy was an auto technician, the reason it looks encrypted is he is using abbreviations for industry language that he made up himself.

The first page has a bunch of redundant abbreviations because he is doing the same job on various cars and making notes for himself. The reason the part on page one is in parenthesis is because its not a standard job when in context with the rest of the job and would be billed to a seperate dept.

The second page looms different and complicates the matter because he is using part numbers, vin numbers, and in one case what appears to be a license plate number. In the second page there is vin number for what I believe to be a 1985 Nissan Stanza but cant get them in alignment and there are letter to number conversions but I have backed 11 numbers into a 17 digit vin and it fits. SE is utilized as is GLE and but what I thought were auto trim packages they are actually utilized as some kind of short hand.

I am pretty sure this guy was a mechanic and the first page were his duties for the day, and the second page is the parts and materials with a clear reference to motor oil and 6 quarts it appears. Guy was working on cars.

I think only a tech can do this type of thing and get away with it, but that appears to be what it is.

That is my opinion and I translated it all last night.

K

Flig

Nov 24, 2009
The Night Shade said:
It's easy: 10011000100010010010001001010001001 and it goes on forever
19,499,618,585?

And no, that's not a random string of numbers, that's the binary converted into decimal. And it took an annoying amount of time to convert without a calculator. I might've screwed up actually.

Anyway, on-topic, if they got their best code-crackers and the American Cryptogram Association to try and figure this out for over a decade and they got absolutely no results, what do they expect to get fromt the internet? Some genius cryptographer who can figure out a one-time pad on his own? Doubtful.

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
Kalezian said:
true, but for the record, the first three sets have been solved, the fourth is the bastard of the group, adn the reason they dont let people near it is because it is a hazard....
So what do the first three sets translate to? and is it radioactive or something?

chetoos

Jul 13, 2009
Why do I have the feeling that this code is related to the one found on the mystery man in Australia?

caligula123

Mar 30, 2011
The guy is performing dealer preps, he is rotating tires, installing CD players, alarms, directing rental cars, in one case he appears to install an internal trunk release. He repairs a power front seat, does a recall repair on a sensor, installs breaks. He schedules first services with dates, notations for mileage. He does a first service and installs a cd player and alarm. He is rotating tires.

The second page are the parts he utilized inclusive of oil, and various references in different formats for vehicles inclusive of color, vin number, plate number, hell he is cutting rotors.

I guess I could be wrong, but if he was a mechanic which is what I was trying to find out, then that is what this would be.

Rickyvantof

May 6, 2009
It says, if I am not mistaking:

- milk
- apples
- potato chips
- rice
- bread
- beer
- clothes to drycleaner

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
I've seen these before, I can say that it is not impossible to solve, if that were so, he wouldnt have written the notes in the first place. Most of you have probably already figured this out, but theres probably a pattern to follow (keep every other letter, erase every third letter etc etc). This will be fun, I was really getting bored.