the feel good thread.

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
So, with all these threads about deaths caused by black friday, the reasons behind nice guys finding it hard to start relationships (apparently) and PETA, I had a thought.

I thought, lets do a thread where people can put things that make them feel good, a place to share recent achievements, things that inspire them and make them happy. Things that make the sun seem to shine a little brighter. I'll give you an example.

I am a student, and i have been struggling to adapt to my new lifestyle, particularly in the financial department. I was down to less than £50 for my last week of the month before I got more money and I was running out of food, my shoes were falling apart and I was starting to feel the pinch.

I had a job, but it was ticket selling for events. I sell a ticket for £12.00, I keep £1.00. I sell an average of 4 tickets a gig, and there's only one gig a month.

So I got another job selling tickets for a club. I wasn't expecting much, but I advertised the club night and got the word out that I was selling, I was given 30 tickets.

I sold them in 3 hours.

I got 20 more. I sold those too.

I had made £50 in 2 nights, and even had to send more people to my blockmates to get tickets instead as people kept coming to me even though I had no more tickets.

I felt amazing... Incredible even. I could afford to replace my shoes, I could afford to eat and I even managed to have a great (and cheap) night out at the club I worked for with loads of my friends.

That moment when I realised I had sold out felt like one of the greatest achievements of my life even if, to most people, £50.00 is nothing. It wasnt just the money it was the reminder that I can succeed and I should believe in myself more.

Sorry for the rambling, I just wanted to share that. I felt like I had reached the peak of a mountain and needed to share this achievement, but couldnt share it to my blockmates as they hadnt sold very many tickets.

So, what is your feel good moment, the video, the song or the idea that has made you happy recently?

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I managed to break some dickheads nose last night. It was his own fault for starting a fight with me because I wasnt impressed by his dickhead behaviour.

The rush after it was great!!!

Comando96

May 26, 2009
rosac said:
So, with all these threads about deaths caused by black friday, the reasons behind nice guys finding it hard to start relationships (apparently) and PETA, I had a thought.
You forgot the SOPA, or protect-IP which threatens to shut down THE ENTIRE INTERWEB!!!?!!111![/dramaticvoice] for all Americans.

--------------

Well yesterday I saw a really good friend of mine who has panic attacks at the drop of a ball, get up on a stage, act and sing :)

Then have a panic attack as soon as she got off the stage collapsing into the arms of my best friend, her boyfriend but felt really good she'd been able to do that as she loves it but has had the shitest childhood and has a magnitude of problems but is slowly over coming them.

-----------

Me personally on my anti-depressants... na... nothing really...
Oh wait, a new episode of My little Pony :D

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
wooty said:
I managed to break some dickheads nose last night. It was his own fault for starting a fight with me because I wasnt impressed by his dickhead behaviour.

The rush after it was great!!!
God, I haven't a good fistfight in ages! hahaha

And yeah the adrenaline rush is great!

Folji

Jul 21, 2010
A few days ago, this one person joined a community I often hang around. Their introduction wound up looking a bit odd (for various reasons) and soon enough a few community regulars had made up their mind that this newcomer was just yet another troublemaker. I thought the same, but then I decided to take the time to actually talk to the new fellow, whereupon I discovered a pretty interesting person, managed to bolster their confidence after the bad introduction and gave them almost an anchor to the rest of the community (so to say). All of it without really intending to.

Mischa87

Jun 28, 2011
A good friend of mine just got sex-reassignment surgery after saving up spare change for almost a decade, which is just great, she's a really sweet person, she deserves to be happy.

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
I managed to be show true compassion for about five minutes over a bunny eating a squirrel.

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
I bought a present for my sister and I plan on getting presents for the other two as well. It feels good for some reason to get something for them for christmas.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
I recently realised that staying in the university I'd spent several clinically depressed years at was impeding my recovery, and started again in another one. I'm now in a city where I know next to no-one, spending a lot of time working to make sure I can catch up to this course I started stupidly late in the term, and joining every society going to make friends.

It feels great to have something to do again, and to realise that I could actually be good at it too.

Also, I came 3rd out of about 50 people in an archery competition the other week.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
These songs that always put me in a good mood whenever I hear them:

Never fails. But, anyway, I recently acquired a copy of Fallout:NV from the steam sale. That was pretty awesome.

Aiedail256

Jan 21, 2011
Do you know how to drive this thing?
You're welcome

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
something to add to my run of good luck, I saw some shoes I wanted to replace my old battered pair online, saw a shop near where I live sells them, go there expecting to find they dont have the design, they'll be in the wrong size or they will be two expensive.

They had the design, perfect fit, 30% discount.

Winning much?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Aiedail256 said:
Do you know how to drive this thing?
You're welcome
Did you have to fight your way through a pyramid full of undead to find that ancient relic?

TiloXofXTanto

Aug 18, 2010
I found this last night
And after I was done crying about it, It made me happy.
The silliness I listened to before that helped though.
Abridged series are just amazingly funny sometimes.