The final Super Street Fighter IV character has been announced. And he's friggin weird.

Mr_Paisley

Dec 21, 2009
To the people who are angry that the character isn't some badass chuck norris / sephiroth / master chief lovechild:

Look at the roster of characters in the game. They're varied as all fuck. Complaining that the last announced character is "stupid, retarded, gay, idiotic, ect" is JUST as effective as it was in 6th grade. The char-roster has it's badasses, and it's more, open-minded / strangely flamboyant characters.

It's my favorite thing about the game, there are just SO many strange types of characters. You don't have just ONE yoshimitsu badass-yet-strange-and-maybe-drunk character, you have a spectrum to choose from.

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
Shockolate said:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FlatWhat

I've been referencing this page a alot recently
SIEG HEIL!

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
Programmed_For_Damage said:
pha kin su pah said:
Nothing beats a greased scottsman...
Just ask Groundskeeper Willie.

What's with the Hellboy-esque skin and affinity with little children?
Guys... Just to let you know, he's a Turkish Wrestler.

But seeing him against Groundskeeper Willie could go either way. :)

I swear, I'd buy a 360 and SFIV just to play as him and humiliate people online. If Dan hadn't come out first.

rpspartin

Aug 4, 2009
Shockolate said:

i hate you.. i got stuck in a troupe loop.... i clicked on that link 5 hours ago only to just now get back to the escapist.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Flying-Emu said:
Still not as trippy as seeing Dhalsim for the first time.
That's true. Something we take for granted now.

"Who's this slow, weakly looking cat think he is"
[gets punched from across the arena seven times in a row]

"I think I need to rethink my strategy"

Normalgamer

Dec 21, 2009
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Ah yes, the noble art of yağlı güreş is such an underrepresented martial art in modern fighting games. It's good to see a game that finally pays homage to the manliest of sports.

I mean, uh... what?
Care to elaborate what exactly this martial arts accomplishes?

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
rpspartin said:
Shockolate said:

i hate you.. i got stuck in a troupe loop.... i clicked on that link 5 hours ago only to just now get back to the escapist.
JUST AS PLANNED *cackles*

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Normalgamer said:
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Ah yes, the noble art of yağlı güreş is such an underrepresented martial art in modern fighting games. It's good to see a game that finally pays homage to the manliest of sports.

I mean, uh... what?
In reality, not much. I wasn't entirely serious posting that. <url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ya%C4%9Fl%C4%B1_g%C3%BCre%C5%9F>It's just Turkish oil wrestling.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
I belive that the reactions to Hakan clearly point out people without a sense of humor and/or those that take games a bit too seriously... ;)

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
Greco Roman wrestling finally gets a character in a fighting game. I was a little creeped out when they showed the picture of him playing kids. I mean who lets their kid plays with a half naked man covered in oil.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
Normalgamer said:
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Ah yes, the noble art of ya&#287;l&#305; güre&#351; is such an underrepresented martial art in modern fighting games. It's good to see a game that finally pays homage to the manliest of sports.

I mean, uh... what?
Adaptability and quick reflexes come to mind. More importantly the ability to hide a boner under extreme conditions because covering yourself in oil and wrestling anyone while supressing a boner is the ultimate form of body control.