The first game you played

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Mario on SNES, I can hardly remember it though, don't know if it was mario bros 1 2 or 3 or whatever, I just had some cartridge that had like, 3 or 4 games on it and more than half were mario games, and I played each of them to death.

Drong

Oct 31, 2007
An Ascii version of space invaders on a commodre pet that my dad had to programme out of a book because it didn't have any memory at that time (damn that makes me too old)

klakkat

May 24, 2008
Gods damn some of you make me feel old. At least a few people played games that were pre-nintendo.

My first was Moon Rover. A PC game, though the kind of PC game that came on a 5" floppy. A decent 2D game with all of 2 controls; shoot and jump.

Divinegon

Dec 12, 2007
Thinking about it, I can't recall if it was Pac-Man or some other Spectrum game or if it was Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Genesis. I'm going to go on a limb and say the later.

Still remember it very well. Was about 4 years old when I got it along with the console. Spent hours trying to beat the first boss, seeing my dad do it for me until late at night I finally did it and ran to mother and father sleeping, shouting triumphantly at them as they woke up abruptly. They yelled at me and told me to go to bed.

Oh how my youth was misunderstood.

brabz

Jan 3, 2008
The text based "Lemonade" game on PC. Mario Brothers on NES console. Tetris on Gameboy.

chrisjames

May 28, 2008
It was probably Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, which I played religiously, but I don't remember it as well as my second: Police Quest. I learned console and PC gaming simultaneously, but nothing stuck with me quite like learning to type furiously to accomplish tedious tasks at the age of four.

I can still type "open door" by reflex.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
Splatterhouse 2 for the Sega Megadrive

Okay...probably not a healthy choice from a psychological point of view but it still had simplicity and excessive violence behind it.

Khadhar

Dec 5, 2007
Technically, my first game was Grover's Adventure, age 3.

Though, the first, more... "gamey" game I played was definitely Jazz Jackrabbit on DOS... I -totally- loved that game. I still do, play it on DOSbox now and then.

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
chrisjames said:
It was probably Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt
Is that the lightgun shooter for NES? That would be the one that took my gaming virginity.
That and Simon's Quest (and I wonder why this game didn't make me stop playing forever).

Resistance205

Jun 3, 2008
my first game was my brothers half life when i was 4 years old

it still brings brings back good memories!!

Naybo

Dec 13, 2007
First game i ever played, Sonic for the mega drive.
Didn't really play it as such, just held down the forward button and watched the pretty colours rushing across the screen.
First game i really played,
Tekken 2
FOOOOOKING MINT, who'd have thought you could beat the hell out of someone with a tiny dinosaur thing wearing boxing gloves...
Then Tekken 3 came out, and you could actually keep smashing your opponent after you'd beaten them.
I had a pretty fulfilling childhood hehe.

Feb 13, 2008
Uh...

3d Monster Maze on the ZX81, back in 1982. Although I did watch Galaxians, Defender and Moon Cresta at the local swimming pool.

monostable

Apr 17, 2008
For me it was a fisher price (i know) game on my dad's windows 98 when i was about four.

"The magical Fisher-Price kingdom has been besieged by King Smudge and his Naughty Knights! Can the mighty McDuff round up six Good Knights from the village, free King McBeard from his dungeon, and restore happiness to this enchanted land? With thy help, he surely can!"

I transcribed that from the back of the case, i don't memorise the back of games' cases

SkyScrapper

Feb 27, 2008
I think it was Home Alone or something like that.. it was really frustrating when you're 6, and you have no idea what's going on :p

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Hmm, I'm not entirely sure, but...I think it was Phoenix on the Atari 2600.
Or Miss Pac-Man heh.