The First Image of Benedict Cumberbatch As Doctor Strange

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Are those finger gloves fingerless? What is it even called? Finger warmers?

Unless its just blue tape... boring though, would have been better if it was the start of some shitty dumb fashion trend

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Scarim Coral said:
All I can say is that he certainly look like the character. Seriously it look like as if Dr Strange had found a way to enter our real world!
I'm almost ashamed at how much I underestimated how good he would look in this role. He looks amazing.

Xsjadoblayde said:
That third picture with his ragged beard is very much Christian Bale, from The Machinist. A promising cast here, do not know of this character much but am inclined to see this.
The stuff I read back in the day was fantastic. I always thought he'd make a spectacular movie. He is the Earth's Sorcerer Supreme. While the combined might of heroes like Spiderman, The Avengers, the Fantastic Four (their comics are good) and Defenders could not bring down Galactus, this guy did it with a snap of his fingers.

Awesomtacular.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Looks much better than I expected and I'm surprised by how close it is to the feel of the comics design.

Now I really hope they follow through on the weirdness/surrealism claims...

Jinjer

Jun 16, 2012
Meh. Oded Fehr is still my personal pick for Doc Strange. I liked Cumberbatch as Sherlock but he's overrated otherwise.

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
Callate said:
The one problem is, well, magic. Magic needs limitations, otherwise it becomes a constant string of deus-ex-machina moments where the hero can get out of the tense situation because, well, magic. In a book or comic, it's easier to express the limitations of such powers (though comics in particular have gotten a bad rap in the past for failing to do so; see Superman.) In movies, you have less time to say what those powers can and cannot do and an audience that's likely to be impatient if you spend a lot of time in clumsy exposition.
Agreed - and Exhibit A here is Scarlet Witch in Age of Ultron, whose powers were 'I wave my hands and shit happens'