The First Monthly "Parade of Avatars!"

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Bourne said:
-snip-

Thanks, I just found this anime by chance when someone on here posted a music video using it. I wiki'd, went to Youtube... and watched the entire first season in about three or four days. I love it and the continual mind screwing it does. :D

Also Rena-chan... with a cleaver <3 but insane Shion, now that is something. One of those "... good god." moments and one I happily would watch more than once.
It is easily one of, if not the best (hmmm... I'll say it is the best for me) animes I've evr watched. It just draws me in... it's so good...
I keep bugging Nuetral Drow about reviewing the Visual Novel of it. apparently it comes out this month in english :)
I've only watched it twice so far... but I've got someone else addicted, and I'm lending someone else my season 1 today.
must spread it... soooo good...

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
F-14 Tomcat was, and always will be, my favourite fighter.
Just my personal favourite is all. ^_^

Shadow Law

Feb 16, 2009
TriGGeR_HaPPy said:
I don't know, I like the sleekness of the stealth bomber/fighter.

Bourne Endeavor

May 14, 2008
Greyfox105 said:
Bourne said:
-snip-

Thanks, I just found this anime by chance when someone on here posted a music video using it. I wiki'd, went to Youtube... and watched the entire first season in about three or four days. I love it and the continual mind screwing it does. :D

Also Rena-chan... with a cleaver <3 but insane Shion, now that is something. One of those "... good god." moments and one I happily would watch more than once.
It is easily one of, if not the best (hmmm... I'll say it is the best for me) animes I've evr watched. It just draws me in... it's so good...
I keep bugging Nuetral Drow about reviewing the Visual Novel of it. apparently it comes out this month in english :)
I've only watched it twice so far... but I've got someone else addicted, and I'm lending someone else my season 1 today.
must spread it... soooo good...
I would list it as my favorite even if I do enjoy Bleach and Naruto a lot. Higurashi simply pulls you and nearly forces you to continue watching every episode because the anime were screw up your mind if you do not follow through to the end. It is Evangelion bad for mind screwier, at least the first season and I love that pull. Plus the originality and pace of it is fantastic.

I have talked about it with a friend of mine and initially encouraged him to try it however he despises watching anything with even mild violence against women. He could probably go passed Keiichi's insanity however by the second arc and especially Shion's... it might drive him insane, XD.

Just started the second season myself today and love it already. Zombie tag and that pedo doctor were hilarious.

TeaBaggin

Apr 16, 2009
Shadow Law said:
TriGGeR_HaPPy said:
yes but have you ever seen a t-rex pilot a stealth?

f-14 ftw

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Shadow Law said:
Ok, going along with the title I always find it interesting how often my friends on the escapist change there avatars. So I thought I'd throw something together for all those who change there avatars "very often" to "once in a while". Now, don't just post any random thing just to show off your avatar. Post why you chose it and why you like it and even, if you want to, give a shout out to fellow escapist's avatars you like the best.

P.S. On the whole "monthly" thing, let's just see how this first one does.

Mine of course is dugtrio in real life finger form and he is still my favorite pokemon. Go originals!
I have Sonic Unleashed as my avatar, because I truly enjoyed the game (the daytime levels anyway) and it provides an interesting flame-starter for any ignorant arsehole who decides to tell me "you have Sonic unleashed as your avatar, I don't think you have any credibility at all here".
People like that are just uninformed retards.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Bourne said:
-snip-

I would list it as my favorite even if I do enjoy Bleach and Naruto a lot. Higurashi simply pulls you and nearly forces you to continue watching every episode because the anime were screw up your mind if you do not follow through to the end. It is Evangelion bad for mind screwier, at least the first season and I love that pull. Plus the originality and pace of it is fantastic.

I have talked about it with a friend of mine and initially encouraged him to try it however he despises watching anything with even mild violence against women. He could probably go passed Keiichi's insanity however by the second arc and especially Shion's... it might drive him insane, XD.

Just started the second season myself today and love it already. Zombie tag and that pedo doctor were hilarious.
ha, I love those parts :D
"Don't be afraid, I will eat you softly" "Did you hear? Keichii's house is on fire" "His house just got hit by a plane" "He sneaks around at night with girl's underwear on his head".
ha, made me laugh so much, and then there is doctor Irie. :p
Awww crap, I've got to go :(

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Shadow Law said:
TriGGeR_HaPPy said:
That's not to say I don't like other aircraft. Because I do, and I do see the reasons as to why the F-14 has become a bit dated...
It's just like someone who likes one of the old WW2 planes, even the obscure ones. They're not necessarily the best from that era (though the F-14 was pretty darn good for it's time ^_^ ), it's just that person's favourite.

The stealth bomber/fighter (if you're talking about the F117 like I think you are o_O ) is pretty cool too though. :)

TeaBaggin said:

f-14 ftw
That is absolutely brilliant. :D

CD repo man

Sep 10, 2009
My avatar is of the lead singer of the band Bomb the Music Industry!. it makes me laugh and i like the band...not very interesting, i know

Shadow Law

Feb 16, 2009
TeaBaggin said:
Shadow Law said:
TriGGeR_HaPPy said:

f-14 ftw
Excuse for a moment. I need to lie down from the sheer awesomeness!

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
I drew mine in a minute in Flash just so I had something to use as an Avatar. When I'm arsed I'll replace it with something decent.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
I like to challenge people to guess what the heck my avatar is; for you fine folks, I'll tell you the answer...

http://www.silenthillheaven.com/Site/SH3/Images/Screens/Screen31.jpg
It is the Pendulum from Silent Hill 3. A couple folks guessed that it was from Silent Hill, but nobody guessed the right creature.

Anyway, I love the series and the designs, so I chose one that wasn't easily recognizable, but still showcases the art direction. Plus, it was the first time I ever used Fireworks.

Some Fella1

Jul 24, 2009
I chose mine because (at its full size, at least) it conveys a sense of wisdom and calm.

http://ursulav.deviantart.com/art/Elder-Porcupine-37223721

Because I have just tried (and failed) to post the full size image, you can instead click the link for the full size view.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Normally, my avatar is just a confused Pryo- which just happen to be my thoughts on TF2 right now- and Pyro is my favorite class.

Only around Halloween, he becomes Count Pyrola!

The jury's still out on how he sucks blood through his gas mask.