The Flash Pilot Review: Dumber Than A Speeding Bullet

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
softclocks said:
lmfao, people are complaining about physics and they haven't even heard about the speed force.

And while this show is probably garbage, critics try to latch onto anything. There's a reason why Flash's mother dies and why he gets these powers. There's no chance involved.
To clarify something, I left out a lot of details. I obviously know the Flash's mom's death is canon backstory, but to discuss that in any detail would have spoiled some major stuff. Hence me keeping it vague. My complaints about the hackneyed nature of the origin story in this episode are writing and pacing and other elements, but not that.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Primus1985 said:
RossaLincoln said:
The Flash Pilot Review: Dumber Than A Speeding Bullet

But dumb isn't necessarily bad, so long as this thing doesn't take itself too seriously.

Read Full Article
Dont listen to this guy people. Watched the pilot a few weeks ago when it leaked online. I thought it was pretty great. Im not even that much of a Flash fan and I enjoyed it.
Hahaha, hey. I love comics as much as the next guy but there is no denying both episode 1 and 2 have been very, very dumb. The dialogue is awful, the pacing is all over the place, and the cliches are so stuck together its incredible the plot manages to dodge its way forward.

That said, because its superhero stuff I'm gonna keep an eye on it anyway in case it gets better. The cast is meh, with the exception of science guy in Flash's "team". He has been genuinely funny and in a good mood. I wish casters nowadays casted with talent in mind instead of model good looks. It bodes ill for all of entertainment that there are so many prettyboys and babes around. Imperfection is what makes someone interesting. Both as a character and to look at.