The Future of Halo

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Eldritch Warlord said:
Halo seems like more of a Mario than a Sonic.
Especially when the Chief uses a Gravity Hammer on a Brute Chieftain.[sup]*[/sup]

I can definitely see Microsoft Game Studios wanting to keep the franchise alive; it's sold, what forty million discs now or something? (Including the PC and Mac ports, and Halo Wars, I mean.) It's their DS, the licence to print money, and it's hard to say "no" when you've been bleeding red ink for so long.

I just hope that they don't let the quality slump when they do go on; maybe Frankie O'Connor can help there. I suppose I'll buy the new stuff as it comes out, so long as it's reasonably good and it still interests me.

(But if it gets to Master Chief Jr. and a set of conga-drum controllers, I'm out.)

-- Steve

[sup]*[/sup] "Chief! Your Cortana is in another castle derelict!"

Jul 9, 2008
PuckFuppet said:
I can see the Master Chief being this generations Sonic.
Hell, Sonic is this generation's Sonic. I mean, he isn't going away, isn't that what qualifies him to be the Sonic anyway?

Whatever, I know what you meant. I don't think there's a lot of merit to it though. I mean, why is 3 the magical milking number? Does that mean the MGS 4 was a cash in? Or that one of the MGS Portable Ops was?

phar

Jan 29, 2009
quack35 said:
I don't understand why Microsoft gets crap for "milking" the Halo series.

It's had 3 games. That's nothing compared to Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Half Life, Sonic, Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Mega Man, Metroid, or Elder Scrolls.
Whoa someone whos thinking. High 5!

Seriously.. if its selling copies there will be more games. The same is going for the sonic games. People are still buying them because they are sonic. Brand names are huge for anything, of course they will put Halo or Sonic on any game box they can to shift units.

51gunner

Jun 12, 2008
TheSapphireKnight said:
There are three things I would still like from the Halo franchise as far as games go:

1: A Halo RTS with space combat ala Sins of a Solar Empire
2: An Battlefield style FPS where you play as a Spartan III in singleplayer in a quest to rid the galaxy of Flood in stasis and eliminate the threat posed by the other SIX Halos. In multiplayer you would be able to play as one three factions [UNSC(Humans only)/Covenant(Brutes,Jackals,Drones,and Grunts)/Separatists(Elites, Hunters, Grunts, and some Humans)]
3: A Prequel TPS ala G.R.A.W. starring Johnson during the pre-Covenant contact era fighting Insurgents
Note: For some reason I want one of these to be cell-shaded

As far as other media goes such as books there are also a few things I would like:
1: A few more novels would be fine
2: A movie would be appreciated as long as it was original and wasn't a retelling of Halo CE or something
3: A T.V. series along the lines of Stargate or Battlestar Galactica(like the first two seasons not like these last two pathetic seasons) set before "The Fall of Reach" but after Halo Wars.
Another Note: Please no more comics, they are a pain to find where I live.

Yeah, I think the franchise has a long way to go before it comes even close to becoming Sonic.
I think most of these, save for the T.V. series could be pretty awesome. I think Halo could become more of the next Star Wars: the universe launching a shitload of spin-off works. Some of them will be great hits, some will suck, but we may never see the end of it.

Not that I'm complaining, I like Halo.

socoshadow22

Feb 24, 2009
i am a huge halo nerd so i'll tell you everything i know.
-There most likely will be a halo wars2
-halo o.d.s.t will likely be the last "bungie" made halo game
-microsoft is working on a halo game
-This should speak for itself. it might be fake http://www.digitalbattle.com/2009/03/03/halo-4-unofficially-confirmed/
-halo movie is in the works
-peter jacksons halo game is in development
-this is a huge maybe but there is talk about a spinoff where you play as the arbitor during the events of halo 1.

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
stinkypitz said:
TheSapphireKnight said:
There are three things I would still like from the Halo franchise as far as games go:

2: An Battlefield style FPS where you play as a Spartan III in singleplayer in a quest to rid the galaxy of Flood in stasis and eliminate the threat posed by the other SIX Halos. In multiplayer you would be able to play as one three factions [UNSC(Humans only)/Covenant(Brutes,Jackals,Drones,and Grunts)/Separatists(Elites, Hunters, Grunts, and some Humans)]
3: A Prequel TPS ala G.R.A.W. starring Johnson during the pre-Covenant contact era fighting Insurgents

As far as other media goes such as books there are also a few things I would like:
2: A movie would be appreciated as long as it was original and wasn't a retelling of Halo CE or something
3: A T.V. series along the lines of Stargate or Battlestar Galactica(like the first two seasons not like these last two pathetic seasons) set before "The Fall of Reach" but after Halo Wars.

Yeah, I think the franchise has a long way to go before it comes even close to becoming Sonic.
Thats quite a bit of Halo stuff. I mean, a few more games are expected, maybe even a movie, but a TV series? That would be going a bit too far.
How about a mini series that you can download from Xbox Live instead of a T.V. series?

stinkypitz

Jan 7, 2008
TheSapphireKnight said:
stinkypitz said:
TheSapphireKnight said:

Thats quite a bit of Halo stuff. I mean, a few more games are expected, maybe even a movie, but a TV series? That would be going a bit too far.
How about a mini series that you can download from Xbox Live instead of a T.V. series?
That seems more logical, i could see that happening. I would actually give that a look if it didnt cost much.

bouncymike999

Mar 4, 2009
the chief deserves some rest time and ODST should be the end, sonic's shadow isnt farm from chief hes at his peak and he should fall with digninty

Ollitsac Okim

Jan 13, 2009
it doesn't matter because if we dont like the games we could always go back to halo 3 it will always be there to carry you in its arms and say your a special and thats all we need.

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
socoshadow22 said:
-this is a huge maybe but there is talk about a spinoff where you play as the arbitor during the events of halo 1.
Isn't it assumed that the Arbiter was the covenant general at the first halo? Y'know, the one who was in the book?

socoshadow22

Feb 24, 2009
Meado said:
socoshadow22 said:
Isn't it assumed that the Arbiter was the covenant general at the first halo? Y'know, the one who was in the book?
yeah but there is suppose to be like some alternate ending where he stops chief from destroying the halo ring

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Well actually i think they're gonna milk the, who the fuck are the forerunners part and then leave it to die.

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
We'll have to kill the ones making Halo before it's too late... It'll be like Sonic all over again!

Vanilla Gorilla

Jan 15, 2009
So who actually owns the rights to Halo then? If Microsoft then I expect to see Master Chief Kart within the next decade, I always figured that Bungie had a bit more integrity than that though... of course I might be giving them too much credit what with the new 'Tickle-me Arbiter' doll about to hit the shelves...

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
I doubt it'll reach the ridiculous extreme of Sonic or Mario, but I think we'll see a few more Halo installments.

Personally, I still love Halo 3. (Not a Halo fanboy, just something all my friends can come together on and play). I can't really imagine making the move to something else. Of course, that's probably what the Halo 2 fans said.

Mostly I'm pumped for the Mythic Maps. Sandbox, here I come!

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
socoshadow22 said:
After halo 3 o.d.s.t. do you think halo will be finished or will mircosoft milk the franchise dry?
Microsoft have confirmed the Master Chief will be making a gaming comeback.

Those udders are already being frantically kneaded. It will reach Sonic and Mario scale, the Chief's Microsoft's major icon.

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
socoshadow22 said:
After halo 3 o.d.s.t. do you think halo will be finished or will mircosoft milk the franchise dry?
ok there is a book coming out in the summer then ODST then another book in the winter and then halo dies