THE Game That Defined Your Childhood

loc978

Sep 18, 2010

Doesn't work anymore, though, so I replaced it with

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
imahobbit4062 said:
The Power Rangers game for the SNES. I adored the ever loving shit out of that. Finished it multiple times.
I loved that game especially the fights in the megazord at the end and how you could input codes to play as the bad guys monsters (which I got pretty good at) I remember struggling with it at first but later I could blitz the game easily.

My game would be a game collection Super Mario all stars there were a few games I played before this but this is what really hooked me on gaming think I would have been about 10 when I got it on my SNES and I still play the games on it now occasionally, great games.

I would also mention Street Fighter 2 turbo putting together mario and this game I probably played these games more than every other game on my SNES put together.

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
I have great memories of Legend of Dragoon. One of the first long fantasy games I ever played from start to finish.
an874 said:
Wow, I have a couple I could name: LOZ: Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Starfox 64, Goldeneye, Mario Kart 64, and Banjo-Kazooie. Not very concise but my fondest gaming memories from childhood involve these games, especially the first.
Ah, this list defines a lot of my nostalgia.

Flac00

May 19, 2010
Freddy Fish. Don't ask why, but it was the only game I had when I was 10 and younger. Still, it was a funish game.

Aug 20, 2011
Probably Perfect Dark. I think that's still the game I poured the most hours into ever. I got every cheat, every mission on perfect agent, every challenge. I hit my gamer prime at 14, and it's been all downhill since :(

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
On the PS1, a mixture of Crash Bandicoot 1-3, Crash Team Racing, Crash Bash, Spyro 1-3 and Tekken 1-3.

Though on the PC, it would have to go to Age of Empires and The Sims.

Gerishnakov

Jun 15, 2010
LoZ: Ocarina of Time

Not only was it the first non-platformer/shooter that I ever played, I also got it at a pivotal moment in my life. As such, Zelda will forever hold a special place in my heart.

Even since Ocarina, every one of the home-console Zeldas has come out at a time when something big or significant was happening in my life. For instance Skyward Sword came out just as I've moved from living at home going nowhere with my career, to living independently and moving up in terms of jobs; each game marks an important time in my life.

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
Definitely Star wars : Jedi power battles, lots of good memories with my brother from that game

Chunga the Great

Sep 12, 2010
Call of Duty 1/ Battlefield 1942/ Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

I played the absolute shit out of all 3 of those, so I can't really pick between them. Sort of ironic considering how I despise every CoD game after World at War (4 is still my favorite game of all time), and Medal of Honor has dropped off the face of the Earth. I still love Battlefield though.