The game that took your frustration virginity

Steve Lovell

Apr 25, 2011
Probably way of the dragon (based on that Bruce lee biopic), whenever I played streets of rage on co-op (stupid friends hitting me or stealing health) or finally comix zone I swear that game cheats.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
One of the Sega Sonics, it was also my first game. I spent hours trying to beat that game. Just because it was a console game didn't mean it wasn't arcade game levels of frustrating. Nothing is more frustrating than no ability to save and a lives system that when you're out makes you restart the whole goddamn game.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Zombiebot King in Metal Arms: Glitch in the System as an 8 year old. Trying to get grenades in that bastard's mouth with those grenade physics after you put half an armory into him to make him open that mouth.
ARGH! >.< Even my older brother couldn't do it.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Every game I played for some time when I was young. I lacked certain fine motor skills so it was hard and I wasn't very patient.

RagnarokHybrid

Aug 6, 2011
Pretty much any Final Fantasy game at some point. Except 10, because the sphere grid helped me break the game and defeat Yevon in one hit.

hardRAWKR

Mar 29, 2011
I'm sure the first game I ever raged at was a Pokemon game, but the first game I remember getting into a swearing fit over was Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee. The first (and only) game to drive me to break things was Guitar Hero: World Tour.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
ThatLankyBastard said:
Call of Duty: World at War...

It was the first Call of Duty I ever tried to beat on Veteran...

This video explains nicely...

ok, you just made my day my friend. i almost choked on some wheat thins i was laughing so hard.

OT: i dont think a game ever really made me rage except when i hit a point and got stuck or did something stupid, which was therefore my fault not the game's.

Aeonknight

Apr 8, 2011
Gears of War's multiplayer. I could NOT get used to the shotgun antics to save my life. I always lost shotgun duels. I still struggled in Gears 2, but after about 2 weeks of practice and getting with a good group of guys, I started to get the hang of it. Been blowing people into tiny bloody chunks since.

Project_Xii

Jul 5, 2009
Sonic Pinball was the game that probably made me the angriest on my Sega Genesis. All other games? Yeah, maybe a little annoyed. Sonic Pinball? RRAAGGHHHH SMASH CONTROLLER SMASH HOUSE SMASH DOOR RRRAAGHHH.

Fuck that game and all pinball based games >.<

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Super Meat Boy, is one of the first games to literally make me rage. I'd never felt so damn bloodthirsty before.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Probably the first Gothic considering it's what got me into seriously gaming. Most frustrating game would be impossible to tell because I've played a lot of games that make me want to kick babies. Recently though it's been Saints Row 1. I hate missions that revolve entirely around cars. Saints Rows missions are like 95% car missions and I'm on the one where you have to steal a bus that has FBI and police guarding it and I've been trying it for like a week and never passed. You die instantly as soon as you get out of your car to get the bus.

ERS86

Sep 13, 2010
Ninja Gaiden 2. There has never been a game that had so many hard / cheap moments that I just lost all desire to play. Most of the time when a game is difficult, I want to beat it even more. But when there's some big ass boss that can hit for half my health, little dudes flying around off screen throwing in exploding knives that you have no way to block, and the whole time the camera is looking at a wall and you can't move it... Ugh

LaughingJester

Nov 8, 2010
Pitfall on Atari... dear christ my parents thought I had anger management issues!

or... Jurassic park on NES... many a thrown controller. Thank god they were nigh indestructible