The game that took your frustration virginity

liveslowdiefast

Jan 17, 2010
Ragetrain said:
Trying to fly a plane in a plane race in saints row 2....I litrally lack the ability to fly any form of aircraft which isnt a helecoptor. Same sitation meant i couldn't complete GTA san andreas. :(
Yeah learning to fly in SA was wa massive learing curve, i was playing it on PC so i had the benifit of being able to tinker with the controls.

Kekkles

Feb 19, 2010
I was a massive fan of the Dynasty Warriors series whilst growing up. Needless to say I got to the point where I could play Legendary pretty quickly and. I HATE LU BU!

The Monkey King

Oct 26, 2010
Starwars force unleashed 2, Only game i've ever tossed out the window.. (Got it for free so i could :p) Never been so mad at a game.. So much shit..

archaicmalevolence

Jul 16, 2010
Final Fantasy 8, as it was one of the first games I played and those damn random encounters, so many of them. So little patient when your a kid, I remember clenching my teeth, getting angry every time i got a random encounter.
That's why I don't get angry ever really nowadays, since I released all my anger on one game :p

sune-ku

Cynical optimist
Mar 25, 2009
Da Orky Man said:
Homeworld. By far the hardest game I've played, especially given the lack of any difficulty settings. I still have nightmares about taking apart the Ion Frigate sphere, one at a time with cloaked salvage corvettes...
I'm so glad I wan't the only one to do that...

on topic:
Tekken 2 I just remember getting furious after being defeated about 10 times in a row by Wang.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
DOA, the one on the 360. Just could not get the timing down to reverse moves, and that game 99% depends on it. Quit that game, maybe only game that i have ever quit.

GiglameshSoulEater

Jun 30, 2010
Nouw said:
EDIT:Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword. I remember some bad stuff...
That game is ridicously hard with the later bosses. WHY CAN I ONLY USE ONE SPELL?

OT: Hexen and Heretic on harder difficulty levels. I don't know why, but I just get cut down repeatedly. Doom I do fine on, but Heretic?
Death.

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
I can't remember the first, i've been gaming for over 20 years, but ill give you some of my more recent.

All the call of duty series on veteran. Cod 3, that bit where you have to sneak up a stream while there are 3 gun nests at the top. one guy always got stuck behind a bush where you couldn't see him but he could always head shot me from anywhere...shit man, that bit took me 3 months to get past ROAR! World at war, that god damn fox hole level where you move anywhere and you die, that really pissed me off. The Benezia fight on mass effect on insanity difficulty...3 hours to beat a boss you can meet after 3 hours of gameplay...really frustrating. Stranglehold on hard boiled...the boss fights were just ridiculous and that part where you have to save the band, sheesh. Ninja gaiden 2 on the hardest setting lol! The visions song on rock band 2...it took me 2 years to actually complete it :( The final boss on final fantasy 13 pissed me off so much i didn't go back and finish all the side quests afterwards...it went straight back once he died. The second boss on force unleashed on hardest setting was also just a straight cheating bastard!

Def jam on the ps 2...i actually snapped my pad in half trying to finish the game without losing a fight! Fury!

All this said, when i finally got past all these challenges it was the best feeling ever!

meowchef

Oct 15, 2009
Goldeneye 007. The Control mission where you defend Natalya on the computer from waves of enemies. I just couldn't beat it. I tried dozens and dozens of times... got frustrated and quit. Several months later I came back to it... beat it in 1 or 2 tries and then went on to beat the game.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
MegaMan X.

I played the original 6 for the majority of my childhood, but when I played X on the SNES when I was 13, it just about killed me.

It required too much fast movement with far too little view distance.

evenest

Dec 5, 2009
Sadly, I have to admit that the Lara Croft Anniversary game with its crazy-ass, work-when-it-wants control scheme forced me to trade the game in or risk an aneurysm. I was enjoying the game, but the controls were killing me.

Seagoon

Feb 14, 2010
MrMixelPixel said:
This is a bit embarrassing...

Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase. It wasn't my first game.

The first that made me cry though. >>.

That part with the fucking stupid bridge... GAWWWW.
until today I thought that my childhood self had completed all the scooby-doo games.. i now feel incomplete...

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
MrMixelPixel said:
This is a bit embarrassing...

Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase. It wasn't my first game.

The first that made me cry though. >>.

That part with the fucking stupid bridge... GAWWWW.
Damn. Ninja'd.

falcon1985

Aug 29, 2009
Mortal Combat. Only way i could beat it was with the 99 lives cheat, and even then i'd sometimes run out of lives.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
While it wasn't the first game... I still have to go with I Wanna Be The Guy. Because by the time it was done with me, I had acquired a frustration fetish of sorts...

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
Savage 2. Hours worth of wanting to beat the monitor into flecks of atomic dust with my mouse.

Lybs

Nov 8, 2010
Chasing the gunman in Rio in Driver 2.............. I nearly broke the game itself because it pissed me off so badly just looking at the casing.