the game you will always own

GamerKT

Jul 27, 2009
Nier, the Kingdom Heartses, and the Metal Gear Solids. And Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
The Shadowrun FPS, Chromehounds, War of the Monsters, my Dynasty Warriors and Tekken collections, and pretty much all my Gamecube games.

I expect to one day retrieve them from my attic, dust them of, and bore my grandchildren with them.

joe-h2o

The name's Bond... Hydrogen Bond
Oct 23, 2011
Halo:CE - I must have played it through many times.

Transport Tycoon. Chris Sawyer's classic isometric transport simulator. Copyright 1992! The days of starting it from DOS and having to pick your soundcard options as you went. Ooh, Soundblaster 16 compatible!

Quake 3 Arena. Just too much fun.

Starcraft (and Brood War).

And I wish I could keep Star Trek: Elite Force (the first one), but the version I have is old school Mac (ie, PowerPC, and the installer requires OS9/Classic Environment, so I have no way to even install it on my system, let alone run it (unlike Halo, which was also PowerPC but was updated to be able to install and run on newer Macs, and later fully converted to a Universal Binary). It's a shame, because it really felt like you were playing through an extended episode of the show, and the sound of the handheld photon torpedo launcher was ace.

I'll probably keep Civilisation 4 around forever too.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Whatever i have on steam, i can uninstall them, but they are not really gone, unless steam shuts down for some reason, but i doubt they would screw the gamers out of their purchased software.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Dandark said:
Supreme commander. I have the original and the expansion. I also had the misfortune to purchase the sequel which dissapointed me greatly.

I highly doubt that another game like Supreme commander will be made anytime soon so I doubt I will ever get rid of it, the graphics seem to age fairly well too although they don't really matter since im always zoomed too far out to make them out anyway.
If I am zoomed in then how am I supposed to simultaneously command a giant robot and several hundred smaller robots and tanks along with the 80 fighter strong air force and navy complete with doomsday submersible battleships that have cannons bigger than most of my factories?
Yes, yes, yes. I can't stand playing RTS games that don't have ulimited zoom anymore after having played games like that. I always get frustrated and give up halfway through the campaign (don't even get me started on multiplayer) if I have fixed zoom/field of view and can't back way the hell out to get a full view of the map and still control everything that way. Once you get used to that kind of Real Ultimate Power it spoils you.

For something single-player/co-op that's kind of along those lines (but no competitive multiplayer), AI War [http://www.arcengames.com/w/index.php/aiwar-features] is worth checking out. It's made by a couple guys who were SupCom fans but who were disappointed by the computer-controlled opponents and thought they could do better and make it more interesting. It's not the prettiest game (but whatever, you're always zoomed out), but especially with the expansions it's absurdly customizable and has so many options that you can make every campaign feel like a different game. It's one of my "games I'll always own/keep installed".

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
Suikoden 3. That game has given me many an hour of fun, and should the house burn down it's the one thing I get before legging it.

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
Well, it's not so much a game as a series. I will always own at least one DragonWarrior/Quest game.

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
My DS games (Super Mario 3D Land, Resi Revelations and Pokemon SoulSilver), Red Dead Redemption, the Dead Space games, Mass Effect 2, anything from Valve, Modern Warfare 3, Skyward Sword.

liquidsolid

Feb 18, 2011
I usually don't sell my games back. I like to build series so I can replay them like Grand Theft Auto and Metal Gear Solid. I sold back a few games I got when I was a kid but the majority of games I own I'll keep around.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
I will never, ever lose my copy of Golden Sun: The Lost Age. I've played it through more times than any other game (probably a dozen), and if you add up all the hours, it wouldn't surprise me if I played it for several hundred, even a thousand. I love it so fucking much.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I don't like throwing away my games and will try to keep them all. However if I had to choose one special game it would be Duke Nukem 3D. That was my favorite game as a kid and I got it autographed by John St. John. If not that it would be DMC3 and 4 which I got autographed by Dante's VA and mocap actor. I can rebuy the other games, but you can't rebuy the experience of meeting them and their autograph.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Well, pretty much all of my games (except Killzone 2, fuck that game). I don't share very well and haven't ever returned a game, no matter how bad (except Killzone 2, fuck that game).

OblivionSoul

Oct 19, 2009
Deus Ex Human Revolution. I absolutely loved that game, I've played through it twice, and working on a third. With the amount of time I have, that's impressive. lol

Techsmart07

Mar 5, 2011
Well, I usually keep most of my games, with exception to some i though were just a major disappointment. However, the ones I will keep regardless of any situation are super mario RPG and my elder scrolls collection.

killercyclist

Feb 12, 2011
Zhukov said:
I've hung onto my original copy of Giants: Citizen Kabuto (yay obscurity) even though I'm pretty sure it doesn't even run on my current PC.
wait, is that the one with the giant yellow dude!? kinda wanted to check that one out!

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
all of them, i've haven't traded a single game in that i've liked. only the terrible ones leave my collection.

Drenaje1

Aug 6, 2011
I don't think I have the heart to get rid of any of my old PS2 games. I think that I might just keep Call of Duty: Finest Hour, Medal of Honor: Frontline, and Secret Weapons Over Normandy with me forever, though. If I can't keep all the rest of my games <3.