The GameStop Experience

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I was supposed to get my RayCrisis HD Collection yesterday, because I pre-ordered it. It still has not showed up yet, because of some stupid new rule/procedure from corporate. According to the GS employee, if not enough people are pre-ordering, or if it's a niche title, then corporate won't have the game arrive on the day it's suppose to be out, all to encourage people pre-order more often! What fucking sense does that make?! That's going to make people not want pre-order from any GS even more than usual. The GS employees in my area, aren't happy about this either! I am still giving them somewhat a chance, because my game is supposed to be here today, and the guy there is trying his best to see if it comes in, and will give me a call, if it does. Otherwise, I have wait until Monday.

I never had this happen to me before. It didn't matter if the game was niche, popular, or not, the game came in the day it was supposed to, or came in a day early sometimes. If it's going to be like this from now on, I might as well keep pre-ordering from Amazon, or digitally if a game is digital only. This one of the many reasons why GS continues to fail, and I would not be surprised if all stores close down within the next 2-3 years because of this, and buying into NFTs. Screw it, once I get my game, I'm cancelling Double Dragon Gaiden, and getting it from Amazon, so I'll know it will be there day one!

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I was supposed to get my RayCrisis HD Collection yesterday, because I pre-ordered it. It still has not showed up yet, because of some stupid new rule/procedure from corporate. According to the GS employee, if not enough people are pre-ordering, or if it's a niche title, then corporate won't have the game arrive on the day it's suppose to be out, all to encourage people pre-order more often! What fucking sense does that make?! That's going to make people not want pre-order from any GS even more than usual. The GS employees in my area, aren't happy about this either! I am still giving them somewhat a chance, because my game is supposed to be here today, and the guy there is trying his best to see if it comes in, and will give me a call, if it does. Otherwise, I have wait until Monday.

I never had this happen to me before. It didn't matter if the game was niche, popular, or not, the game came in the day it was supposed to, or came in a day early sometimes. If it's going to be like this from now on, I might as well keep pre-ordering from Amazon, or digitally if a game is digital only. This one of the many reasons why GS continues to fail, and I would not be surprised if all stores close down within the next 2-3 years because of this, and buying into NFTs. Screw it, once I get my game, I'm cancelling Double Dragon Gaiden, and getting it from Amazon, so I'll know it will be there day one!
That better get a steam release.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
That better get a steam release.
I do hope for the best, but what I noticed is that most games under the ININ label don't get a Steam or a way later Steam release. Hell, only some of them get ported to XBOX. ININ knows how niche most of they're games and audience are, so they stick mostly to Japanese consoles and sometimes PC.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I do hope for the best, but what I noticed is that most games under the ININ label don't get a Steam or a way later Steam release. Hell, only some of them get ported to XBOX. ININ knows how niche most of they're games and audience are, so they stick mostly to Japanese consoles and sometimes PC.
Yeah, and even if it gets a pc release, it might be one that is barebones or the bad version or something. Plus, it is a shootemup, which don't sell very well on steam.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah, and even if it gets a pc release, it might be one that is barebones or the bad version or something. Plus, it is a shootemup, which don't sell very well on steam.
With all the features in RayStorm, there is not much they could leave out as there's only a few, but worthy bonuses. I do find it odd most SHUMPs don't sell well on Steam. I knew they would not do better compared to most console releases, but still sad that they don't.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
With all the features in RayStorm, there is not much they could leave out as there's only a few, but worthy bonuses. I do find it odd most SHUMPs don't sell well on Steam. I knew they would not do better compared to most console releases, but still sad that they don't.
There is one shooter that is pretty good, but the steam version is stuck at 720p, despite the ps4 version being able to run at 1040. It is weird to me, even something great like ZeroRanger probably only sold like 50K units on steam.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Follow up: I just got a call 20 minutes before they closed around 6:40. They had just got the game in. Apparently, there was a shipping error/mix up due to the change of store leadership. The new store leader was the one that called me as soon as he saw the item and my name. I'll give him credit for the fast response time. Normally, shipping errors like this don't happen. I did tell him I was going to cancel my other pre-order, but he guaranteed me to make sure my game gets to their store on time. He'll even call me, if it comes in early. I am giving GS one more chance, because of this guy. He's clearly trying and is sincere, so I'll stick to it. Until then, I'll be playing RayCrisis and RayStorm.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Screw it, once I get my game, I'm cancelling Double Dragon Gaiden, and getting it from Amazon, so I'll know it will be there day one!
I dunno what your experience has been overall with Amazon pre-orders, but, mine have been mixed at best. I forget which game it was, but, I was supposed to get it on launch... and then I got the shipping confirmation, and it quoted me for nearly a week after launch. It was too late to cancel, so I went to Best Buy. Thankfully they were able to make things happen for me and I had the game on launch. Once I got the Amazon order I returned it. It did indeed arrive when they quoted me,
Coupled with my brand new copy of Ace Combat 7 having a slightly damaged case I haven't given Amazon any chances with pre-orders

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I dunno what your experience has been overall with Amazon pre-orders, but, mine have been mixed at best. I forget which game it was, but, I was supposed to get it on launch... and then I got the shipping confirmation, and it quoted me for nearly a week after launch. It was too late to cancel, so I went to Best Buy. Thankfully they were able to make things happen for me and I had the game on launch. Once I got the Amazon order I returned it. It did indeed arrive when they quoted me,
Coupled with my brand new copy of Ace Combat 7 having a slightly damaged case I haven't given Amazon any chances with pre-orders
So far, every game or mini console I got from Amazon has either been on time, or a day early. I have a Prime Membership, and usually opt for orders with free shipping. I will remember your stories though, as a reminder. Thank you.

I did change my mind by the way. I am keeping the GameStop pre-order.

Apparently, there was a shipping error/mix up due to the change of store leadership. The new store leader was the one that called me as soon as he saw the item and my name. I'll give him credit for the fast response time. Normally, shipping errors like this don't happen. I did tell him I was going to cancel my other pre-order, but he guaranteed me to make sure my game gets to their store on time. He'll even call me, if it comes in early. I am giving GS one more chance, because of this guy. He's clearly trying and is sincere, so I'll stick to it. Until then, I'll be playing RayCrisis and RayStorm.