The Gaming Nerds Dictionary

Ad_Astra

May 3, 2010
Frag- noun. 1. Slang for a fragmentation grenade. "Hey, use your friggin' frag grenade!" "Use a frag on 'im!"
verb.
Slang for killing another player in-game. "I totally fragged that n00b."
3. Slang for killing your superior. "If the commander doesn't stop mic spamming, I'm going to frag his ass."

ObserverSeventeen

May 19, 2010
Cherry Tapping:Using a very weak or inefficient process to accomplish a goal as part of a self-imposed challenge.

No-Scope:The act of killing someone using a sniper rifle without using the scope

Telefrag:The act of killing someone by teleporting into the same space that the victim is occupying.

Mehall

Feb 1, 2010
Blue Shell: Weapon that targets the person winning, and generally stops them from winning. (Derived from Mario Kart, but vaild in other games)

Ganking: See spawn camping

Spawn Camping: A variation of a camper who exclusively targets the spawn points of his opponents, aiming to kill them as they re-enter the game.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Pro Pipe: The skilled use of a mounted grenade launcher to eliminate a specific target or group of targets, you will still be called a noob tuber regardless.

Broken: A part of a game that can be exploited to eliminate any form of challenge for the player. (Like stacking intelligence boosting potions in Morrowind so you could make higher quality potions that last for months of RL time)

All I got for now.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
XP grinding: V. The act of killing the same enemies or doing simple tasks to level up and become more powerful. IE "Chad was Level Grinding to beat the end boss because he was not at a high enough level"

farmerboy219

Feb 22, 2009
Kuchinawa212 said:
XP grinding: V. The act of killing the same enemies or doing simple tasks to level up and become more powerful. IE "Chad was Level Grinding to beat the end boss because he was not at a high enough level"
Well we already have grinding and we have XP

farmerboy219

Feb 22, 2009
Donnyp said:
Gay/Homo/****** should read something like Something insecure people call other players for being either better or worse then them.
Thanks thats a much more sensible one

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
farmerboy219 said:
Kuchinawa212 said:
Well we already have grinding and we have XP
Drats!

I KNOW!

XxXSnipzPRO1337XxX (or any variations) N. Uses as a gamertag to someone that is only adverage with a sniper rifle. More then the gamer tag would let on.

xdgt

Apr 27, 2010
Nerf - when the developers/moderators weaken a given characteristic which was once powerfull, in order to achieve balance.
Killsteal - to kill someone at the last moment who was being killed by another.
Teamkill/Friendly kill - to kill your allies.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Spawn Rape: When a player camps in a spawn point killing everyone who spawns there. There were a lot of those in Halo.

farmerboy219

Feb 22, 2009
SilentBobsThoughts said:
I think someone has been playing too much Call of Duty alatelly.
Ha Ha lol, I was hoping to get more from other games but I seem to be getting lots from FPS's

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
Doc Incognito said:
In what game can you telefrag someone?
Unreal Tournament, curtesy of the Translocator.

OT;

Gibbed; The act of blowing someones avatar into a bloody mess of body parts.