The Gears of War 2 exclusive footage

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
I'm not sure I like the Human Shield idea. While it does look nifty it appears it might get rid of the Curb stomp.

It does say "press A" to pick up a corpse though so maybe X is still reserved for the curb stomp. One can hope so.

The Sorrow

Jan 27, 2008
sammyfreak said:
Is it just me or did that video ooze of LotR 3?
...Is that a bad thing? I loved that movie.

Aw, great, now you've woken up my inner fanboy. He's imagining Mordor vs. the Locust. Thanks a lot.

Possum-Man

Jan 21, 2008
Wow, looks like Epic have added a whole lot of nothing to their ideas. Honestly, what was the point in adding that little sight upgrade to the Lancer. It does nothing for the player! The addition of more enemies would actually really appeal to me, if they were actually killable...

So from this video it looks like Epic have added: A couple of guns, more (un-killable) enemies, more vehicles that we can't drive and a new special move that replaces the curb-stomp. I had high hopes for GOW2. Those hopes have been dashed.

P.M.

Zamber0ni

Jan 3, 2008
I'm looking forward to at to some degree, but am I the only person that felt GoW was extremely overrated? It was pretty and all, and the cover mechanic was neat and influential, but the story was kind of unoriginal, and the multiplayer unbelievably shallow? I enjoyed it for a few days, but there's only so many ways you can spin "Run through ruined city with one of four guns, killing the other team!"

That goes for you, too, Call of Duty 4.

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
Zamber0ni said:
I'm looking forward to at to some degree, but am I the only person that felt GoW was extremely overrated? It was pretty and all, and the cover mechanic was neat and influential, but the story was kind of unoriginal, and the multiplayer unbelievably shallow? I enjoyed it for a few days, but there's only so many ways you can spin "Run through ruined city with one of four guns, killing the other team!"

No you are not the only one.

EittilDratsab

Dec 9, 2007
I think the new special move is only possible if you have a pistol when you run up to a downed enemy. I don't think Marcus would be dumb enough to fire the Lancer one handed. Of course, he loves steroids so I wouldn't know.

Zamber0ni said:

Lol, you thought you were the only one? There are more than you know.

XenoNick

May 14, 2008
well ive only just watched this. i personally enjoyed GOW loads but thought it ended to soon. the new little changes like chanisaw fights an cutting them up in the back looks good. but since its only 2 mins of early gameplay you cant judge to much. i cant wait