The girl you like is going out with someone better

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
For the first time in nearly 5 years(since my last relationship), I finally developed a kind of crush(ugh that's so juvenile) on a co-worker.

She has a boyfriend, and I wouldn't say that he's better than me(or vice versa), but they've been together for a very, very long time.

Ah well. Just having this feeling again is exciting to me. I haven't felt this way since highschool. I'm sure it'll pass.

savandicus

Jun 5, 2008
qazmatoz said:
Step one, don't believe anyone is better than you. No girl is going to be attracted to you if you if you go around thinking that you're the lesser man.
Oh I see so you think your better than everyone else? Well lar-de-dar mr.king of the universe, it must be a hard life being the the most intelligent, attractive, physically superior super being that you are!

(Please read that in the most ridiculous over the top sneering voice you can think of)

Seriously though, its not a sign of weakness to acknoledge that you are weaker in some areas than another person. Seeing someone better than you and striving for self betterment is one of the easiest ways that people grow as human beings, without other people to inspire us we'd be much worse off.

It is true however that looking at someone else, sighing and going well he's better for her is a terribly unattractive trait in anyone.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
Unfortunately I would probably fit in the loser category as well seeing that there are many guys "better" than me.

Devious Boomer

Nov 18, 2009
James Crook said:
Usually, a girl I like is lesser than me, and if she goes with another guy, he is also lesser than me.
Joking time! If a guy's better than me, I'll get augmented.
And I raise you a montage! Complete with overused trailer/montage music of the yaer!
As you can see, Adam's quite the hit around town.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Deshara said:
If you tell yourself that somebody else is "better" for her, then you don't deserve the girl. That's for her to decide, not for you.
Thank you for pointing that out. Choosing for someone else what's "better" for him/her is foolish.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Being the youngest guy at uni doesnt help...especially when most of the really attractive, nice girls are already taken and have been taken since before I started.

So yeah, my life sucks.

Rabish Bini

Jun 11, 2011
No one is better than me, hence I have not felt this before. It's just that they preferred someone else over me. Lord knows I'm the best.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
i had a crush on a girl once

she had a boyfriend and now she has had a child she was 16

and would gloat to peers about her having sex

so dodged a bullet there.

liquidsolid

Feb 18, 2011
I'v experienced this before, my advice when it comes to women is this:

"Try, but don't care."

If there is a girl you like, try to win her over. If it doesn't work for whatever reason, forget about her. No women's worth all the pain and anguish that goes along with em.

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
I really liked a girl and for almost a year I never told her what I my feelings for her where, after vacations we all went back to school and she started going out with the "cool kids" then I noticed that she was one of those idiots that follows the "people who play video games as much as me have no social life and should be seen as idiots" philosophy, so I stopped talking to her stoped caring about love life and started following the "all people are stupid" philosophy.

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
Yes, I had this and then he turned out to be a dolt, we got together, have been together for almost twelve years, and are married with two kids. So it could work out but wussing out with the self pity party might do more sabotaging than you expect. I had a similar deal in high school, it sucked and almost lost me the girl.

Duskwaith

Sep 20, 2008
Hes only more better than you if you let him be better than you, as you are only as good as you let yourself be so quite frankly ditch the "hes better than me crap" and go out and get a girl.

As was once said to me "Dare to be great"

Stuff like this always happens but 9/10 times it just wasnt meant to be and usually works out for the best.

MartialArc

Aug 25, 2010
Deshara said:
If you tell yourself that somebody else is "better" for her, then you don't deserve the girl. That's for her to decide, not for you.
Yeah, that's pretty much it. One thing all women(perhaps people in general) don't respect is a man with no confidence. If there's things about you that make you a lousy man, change them. It aint much more complicated than that.

qazmatoz

Sep 17, 2009
savandicus said:
qazmatoz said:
Step one, don't believe anyone is better than you. No girl is going to be attracted to you if you if you go around thinking that you're the lesser man.
Oh I see so you think your better than everyone else? Well lar-de-dar mr.king of the universe, it must be a hard life being the the most intelligent, attractive, physically superior super being that you are!

(Please read that in the most ridiculous over the top sneering voice you can think of)

Seriously though, its not a sign of weakness to acknoledge that you are weaker in some areas than another person. Seeing someone better than you and striving for self betterment is one of the easiest ways that people grow as human beings, without other people to inspire us we'd be much worse off.

It is true however that looking at someone else, sighing and going well he's better for her is a terribly unattractive trait in anyone.
You misunderstood what I meant. I by no means think I'm better than anyone, but I don't view my worth in comparison to others. Are there people who are more skilled, more intelligent, more charismatic or charming? Of course, I'm not an idiot, but to say that these people are simply better than me is not how I choose to view things. I said to not believe anyone is better than you, as in to have a base level of confidence in your worth as a person, not to act like an almighty douche lord.

tom919

Aug 7, 2009
Mate the same problem happens to everyone at some point you need to do a few things: 1)Stop comparing yourself to other people. You'll make yourself depressed and it won't help you, no ones better or worse than yourself everyone is equal in the dating game. Yeah some people look better, have better prospects or are more the girls type. They're not better, just closer to what the woman is looking for. 2) You need to find out what the girl you want thinks of you. Do you and her flirt casually? Or do you watch her from across the room and rarely chat? Are you in the friend zone? If you flirt then patient, if you look at her from a distance and rarely talk to her, go and start! If you're in the friend zone it's not over, start meeting up just the two of you, be a gentleman. I find that whilst it's cheesy as hell, girls think it's cute or chivalrous, which is good. Aim for the flirt zone, then make your move. 3) Make sure you have the right girl, if you and her have nothing in common and can't hold regular conversation then move on because it won't work out. Regular conversation is things like news and you interests, not where people come from and getting to know them conversation, because you'll run out of topics to talk about. I've just met a girl I can chat to about anything and we have similar interests, we flirt, and I don't place her ex boyfriends on a pedestal, if anything you want to say you're better than they are because then you'll at least be giving yourself a boost. So assess the situation then pick you plan. If you have to wait then it sucks man, but if she's the girl you want you'll have to be patient odds are the other guy will cock up before too long. One last thing, BEWARE THE REBOUND!

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
Devious Boomer said:
James Crook said:
Usually, a girl I like is lesser than me, and if she goes with another guy, he is also lesser than me.
Joking time! If a guy's better than me, I'll get augmented.
And I raise you a montage! Complete with overused trailer/montage music of the yaer!
As you can see, Adam's quite the hit around town.
Goosestepping mermaids, I can't wait for this game to come out.