The Glitch thread!

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Yeah, It's about that time again. Mine was inspired by a glitch on this very site, though.
I also had a fun little glitch when I was replaying InFamous yesterday. So, I was in the Warren, completing a sidequest when I see a Trashman. He hadn't seen me yet so I ran up behind him with my Giga Blades and hit him, he flew forward right into a trash heap, where he got glitched out and was spinning and bouncing to and fro and making that noise that they make when you hit them, repeatedly. It was quite amusing.

So how about you guys, any fun glitches lately?

Edit: Aaaand I posted this topic in the wrong section. Whoops.

Idsertian

Legacy
Apr 8, 2011
Vinyl Scratch theme for FF and a post by Wenseph? How did you manage to capture such awesome?

OT: Hmmmm, glitches...Most recent one I saw that springs to mind, is that glitch in the new Syndicate that makes bodies snap around when you go to perform an execution. Oh, and the typical thousand and one visual glitches in TF2.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Posting because Vinyl Scratch.

Anyway, mine's a Skyrim glitch, so I'm not sure if it counts.
I managed to create a cute orc female [http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595852607605765659/04355338AAA62DE7B83AE35EEDCCD98A1E1D890B/].

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Idsertian said:
Vinyl Scratch theme for FF and a post by Wenseph? How did you manage to capture such awesome?

OT: Hmmmm, glitches...Most recent one I saw that springs to mind, is that glitch in the new Syndicate that makes bodies snap around when you go to perform an execution. Oh, and the typical thousand and one visual glitches in TF2.
I guess I'm just that awesome. :p

I also had a glitch in Dark Cloud 2 when I was playing it recently. I was upgrading to a Smash Wrench and I'm not entirely certain what happened, but suddenly it looked like the bastard son of the Smash Wrench and the Drill Wrench. I only wish I could have emulated the game on my computer that way I could get a picture. >.>

GiglameshSoulEater

Jun 30, 2010
I'm playing x-com: ufo defence. Now, there's a bug with incendiary weapons: when a unit is in fire, if a incendiary weapon goes off elsewhere in the map, that unit takes damage. So you can open a ufo, fire in an incendiary missile (to spread the fire) and spam auto-cannon incendiary rounds to cook the aliens inside their hull.

Mmm, crispy.

On the x-com wiki, this is know as 'Funky fire'.

There's other glitches. If you have 256 engineers or scientists, the data value rolls over to 0, and you know longer have to pay them. You can burn through the research or basically have automated factories.

Theres also a bug on UFO defence where after the first battle, the dificulty resets to beginner. This led to playtesters complaining that the game was too easy - so they turned it up to the infamously difficult challenge it is renowned as today.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
Loop Stricken said:

I managed to create a cute orc female [http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595852607605765659/04355338AAA62DE7B83AE35EEDCCD98A1E1D890B/].
That's really impressive. D:

What mods did you use?

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Vuliev said:
Loop Stricken said:

What mods did you use?
If I recall correctly, one to make orc women actually walk like women; a hairstyle pack whose name escapes me, but it's a pretty popular one; and a mod that adds bandages and blindfolds as headgear.
Maybe an eyecolour retexture pack, though since the ones I downloaded were for my elf characters, I'm not sure if they had any orc-specific eyes.

Nothing that changes facial feature possibilities, anyway. None of that fancy setrace crossbreeding either.
I conclude that it's just the terrible hairstyle choices that make orc women terrible.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
Loop Stricken said:
Vuliev said:
Loop Stricken said:

What mods did you use?
If I recall correctly, one to make orc women actually walk like women; a hairstyle pack whose name escapes me, but it's a pretty popular one; and a mod that adds bandages and blindfolds as headgear.
Maybe an eyecolour retexture pack, though since the ones I downloaded were for my elf characters, I'm not sure if they had any orc-specific eyes.

Nothing that changes facial feature possibilities, anyway. None of that fancy setrace crossbreeding either.
I conclude that it's just the terrible hairstyle choices that make orc women terrible.
Any chance you remember what the mod names were? :D

OT: My favorite glitch was when Yorick's ult from LoL bugged, and the champion it targeted would resurrect infinitely, granting the opposing team a ludicrous K/D/A. As in the multiples of thousands.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Vuliev said:
Any chance you remember what the mod names were? :D
ApachiiSkyHair [http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10168]
Female Orc And Followers walk and animations fix [http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9655/]
Blindfolds of Skyrim [http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13551]

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I'm sure if I had a slightly better memory and didn't have a headache right now I could remember... oh wait, I remember one. When the skin pack DLC came out for Minecraft 360 edition I downloaded the trial (I'm not wasting my actual money on something that stupid) and it made all mobs invisible and silent. I did not find this out until a zombie started biting at my ankles. Thank god it wasn't a creeper.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
Loop Stricken said:
ApachiiSkyHair [http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10168]
Female Orc And Followers walk and animations fix [http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9655/]
Blindfolds of Skyrim [http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13551]
Awesome, thanks!

CrazyDave DC

Apr 14, 2010
I was playing Skyrim a few days ago and was at the College of Winterhold starting the Mage's Guild questline, but nothing was happening because the guy who was supposed to cast a spell at me wasn't doing so. After reloading a save and FUS RU DAHing him a few times, I looked up how to resolve this problem; apparently if you kill one of the students there, run away, and then go back, the teacher who was supposed to cast the spell mentioned cancelling the lesson because of the horrific event that took place. Those guys are remarkably forgiving after I stabbed a guy in the throat.

Jan 13, 2012
Well I was playing Saints Row 3 the other day and I was playing the mission were you infiltrate the aircraft carrier thingo. When it was exploding, the game glitched out and I somehow teleported to the nearest cloud.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
During the section where you first go to the Steel Mill in Arkham City, I couldn't climb onto the ledge that you're supposed to glide off on to the collapsed balcony, leaving the world's greatest detective stuck.

Also, I managed to ensure the Big Show didn't render any animations on WWE '12 somehow.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Arkham City: I was trying to grapple to a building that hadn't rendered properly, and once Batman flew through the building, I was right underneath Arkham City and gliding gaily through the air infinitely.

AC Brotherhood: Same as above, but I fell through the ground ended up "swimming" underneath Rome. There was no water, just the animation of Ezio swimming through water.

Mass Effect 3: Two of them; on the Embassies level on the Citadel, there's an asari standing next to a bench. If you run into her (Hold A), you climb up the bench and fall down to the ground floor of the embassies. Nothing but Mario Kart 64-style sprites that rotate with the player rotating the camera, but if you walk a certain direction, you eventually teleport into the floor below the nightclub on the Citadel.

After I had installed the Extended Cut, the game went a little weird. Once I had selected my squad and went to the weapon menu, the game went "CRITICAL MISSION FAILURE", forcing me to repick my squad and select weapons. But this time, their character models were facing the other way or were a lot more raised than usual. Then I reset the game and it all went back to normal.

Fallout 3: Shot a raider in the face with a shotgun in VATS and watched his head blow up. When I went into the Super-Duper-Mart and got what I wanted from the place, I exited the shopping centre and saw the very same raider I shot in the face... but just his face. Hard to explain, but his eyes, teeth, and brainmatter were intact, assembled, and floating in the air, making it look like someone just shot the skin off his face and only the guts remained. I'll be damned if it wasn't fucking hilarious though.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
I always laugh whenever there's that bug on tf2 where people will have the swimming animation while walking normally

Nothing is more entertaining than watching a heavy hover around, kicking his little feet and shooting a minigun suspended 2 feet in the air.

Quijiboh

Mar 24, 2011
I had a glitch on Mechwarrior 2 where I started a story mission and the game threw up an error message and a string of code I didn't understand. I rebooted the game to discover that it had decided that I had successfully completed the mission I was about to play. I tried playing the next level and the same thing happened. I did this several times and finished the whole game without ever firing a shot.

I had to reinstall the whole thing before the game would actually let me play it again.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
The tendency of GTA: San Andreas to crash on your way to the nearest savepoint.

Happened. Every. Time.