The Goldmar Incident: A Superhero Role-Play { Accepting Applicants via PM }

Glasgow

Oct 17, 2011
Here is another crack at a character. This time no military experience. Just a rich russian playboy.

That sounded wrong.

Name: A. F. Danilovich, a.k.a. Ivan

Sex: Male

Appearance: Ivan is a white ethnic Russian. He stands at 6'4'', sporting a heavy build with broad shoulders and a generally menacing appearance. He's moderately muscular (He would have fought in the heavyweight category). His blonde hair is cut very short in a flattop style. His eyes are dark blue. His face seems a tad off as his nose isn't completely straight.

His clothes are one of his staples, often choosing to wear formal clothes anywhere he goes to.

Personality: Ivan is a cold-blooded socialite fallen from grace. He adores the feeling of being on top and often interacts with others just to know the situation at hand. He doesn't care much for many of the people he meets and lies to daily, but he is fiercely loyal to the few that he keeps for himself. He is an alcoholic and a smoker, and he often wishes to return to another downwards spiral of drugs if he had the money.

Ivan knows he doesn't need to be likable. He doesn't need to be just or good. People would love him regardless as long as he has the power to influence them ? or to scare them enough to submit. This is the game of life, one that Ivan had been playing for many years as a spectator.

Ivan can truly excel when he is first interested in what he sets out to do. He finds solace in training alone, and is thrilled when he is in the ring. He's not the greatest academic when it comes to science or hard numbers, instead loving history and the written word.

Biography: Ivan was born to a Russian Oligarch ? formerly a mid-level clerk, in the former Soviet Union, now Federal Republic of Russia. He has four younger sisters. Growing up in the collapsing Soviet Union, Ivan barely saw the way his father moved up in life and the fortune he built when he was a small child. He often spent time with nannies and tutors, rarely seeing his mother around the house. He was living a sheltered life in his home, studying at home with tutors and spending time learning about the world, history, literature and philosophy. When he grew older he socialized with his newly acquired neighbors who were the children of obscenely rich folk as well.

When he grew older and hit puberty, Ivan's father was happy to push him towards boxing. He didn't love the sport, but it gave him the release he needed as well as his father's approval he so desperately desired. Ivan then fell into a bad crowd and acquired a few nasty habits. Ivan started drinking together with his newly found rich friends. He smoked cigars together with them and partied through nights and days non-stop. It didn't take long before he took drugs to help himself through the night. His first time was with a complete stranger that tagged along to the party, a woman he doesn't remember and would probably never meet again. His habits spilled over to the public eye, embarrassing his family who wasn't aware of his shenanigans. His father, enraged by his son's flippant behavior, forced him to cut ties with his friends and concentrate on a different endeavor.

Ivan's father already eyed him as his heir, and for that he had to groom him to become the shred businessman required to run his enterprises. He sent him off to study in MIT along with a hefty donation so he could understand how to work in the future. Ivan tried to study well at first, but his difficulty to adjust had turned him away from his schoolwork. He returned to his old ways, and blew off much of his money partying and gambling. In fact, when he was due to visit his father two years after he began his work, he couldn't even afford the flight ticket back.

Humiliated and beaten, Ivan had to face the facts. He begged for a second chance, and this time his father would toss him in a place where he couldn't find anything resembling his past sins. Silverhollow was one of those places that just smelled of normality and boredom. It seemed as if Ivan's father gave up on him somehow, tossing him in some backwater university instead of a named institute. He would learn the ropes either way, and the seat at his father's company was already guaranteed.

He moved to the city and was given an incredibly narrow allowance, barely enough to cover his living costs. Ivan was paired together with a person he knew ? the son of one of his father's friends. He wasn't as bright as Ivan and the two would rarely speak, but he was enough for Ivan to not start talking to himself just to hear his mother language.

During his stay in the city and study in the university, Ivan was exposed to the ongoing underworld fight between the three gangs in the area. He was curious at first to see how a real power struggle would take place and imagined it to be the same as in the corporate ring, but only weapons replaced with lawyers.

Notes: He's fluent in Russian and competent with the English language.

He lives in a flat together with his "friend", Boris. He studies architecture in the university.

Ivan doesn't work ? he spends most of his time studying, reading, or taking a nap. He would work out from time to time just to keep his body in shape.

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
deathbydeath said:
This post is really just a smattering of my thoughts, presented piece by piece in no real order:

CounterAttack said:
My advice is this: don't try to make your character exceedingly different from those that are already present.
I just realized this: According to the above statement, the best way to get in this RP is to imitate others, rather than make a character that is strikingly different?

CounterAttack said:
Again, at present there is no deadline. I'm waiting for two more people to submit their characters.
Wait a minute, before I posted apologizing for my tardiness in writing a sheet, you said there were three people you were waiting on. Did you kick me out already? D:

CounterAttack, I need these two questions explicitly answered in order for my sheets to be created:
1. Upon receiving superpowers, would you allow it if my completely normal character mentally snapped and started killing people?
2. Are our characters allowed to be older than 30 and be employed at the university, rather than being a student there?

I might try to get three sheets submitted for this game, but it all depends on how much time I have, as it recently been taking me a while to get a sheet out the door.

Glasgow said:
Playing as a Lesbian Pirate from Outer Space sounds pretty neat... why would you be punished for doing that?
It's not "normal" enough, but I'm not sure about that. I'll just submit a sheet and find out what happens.
Considering he explicitly says the characters are students and that they should be between 18 and 30...

And I'm pretty sure what Counter Attack means when he says they shouldn't be exceedingly different is that he wants these characters to be the kind of people you'd actually run into on a college campus. Normal, everyday people. And completely normal people would not react to getting superpowers by becoming a psychotic murderer.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
PrinceOfShapeir said:
Considering he explicitly says the characters are students and that they should be between 18 and 30...

And I'm pretty sure what Counter Attack means when he says they shouldn't be exceedingly different is that he wants these characters to be the kind of people you'd actually run into on a college campus. Normal, everyday people. And completely normal people would not react to getting superpowers by becoming a psychotic murderer.
Part One: That's why I asked, as I was considering writing a university employee with a normal job and a normal family and is generally normal.

Part Two: Yeah, that's what I was planning, a normal guy. I was also hoping to be a pretentious intellectual and play with deconstructing good/evil, power, and superpowers. And it'd be nice for variety if one of the PC's went batshit insane instead of everybody being all normal, all the time.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
deathbydeath said:
Part Two: Yeah, that's what I was planning, a normal guy. I was also hoping to be a pretentious intellectual and play with deconstructing good/evil, power, and superpowers. And it'd be nice for variety if one of the PC's went batshit insane instead of everybody being all normal, all the time.
Variety has to make some kind of sense though. I could make a pizza and just for the sake of variety, throw kitty litter on as a topping. Now I don't have a normal pizza, but it's not going to taste very good.

I've RP'd with people who have done exactly what you are proposing, and it doesn't make for a good RP. It makes for a hassle for every other RPer to deal with. Also, if you really, REALLY, want to be a serial killer, that's basically going to make you a villain. And PC villains in RPs have a short shelf life, because they have to follow the standard arc of villain life. You rise up, and then you get beaten back and fall down. Ignoring that path results in either trenchcoating, PvP that results in one big Matrix dodge fest, or both. It makes for a one-sided story, and that defeats the whole purpose of RPing.

If you are that interested in exploring that kind of relationship between good and evil, and want to get into the Dexter/Death Note conflicts of what makes one good and one evil, write a story about it. But unless all the writers are taking part and working towards the same goal, an RP is not the place for that at the expense of others.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Dogmatic99 said:
So going to after school martial arts classes is a bad thing as far as my character's chances are concerned? Dang.
It's not necessarily a bad thing. I said it has the chance of decreasing the odds of being accepted. And I don't reject characters based on one small thing. I go over the whole sheet, considering it in its entirety. And right now it looks like you don't need to worry all that much.

deathbydeath said:
I just realized this: According to the above statement, the best way to get in this RP is to imitate others, rather than make a character that is strikingly different?
Shapeir is correct when he says that when it comes to player-characters, I would like them to be the kind of people you would usually see around a university campus. Ordinary, run-of-the-mill students.

Wait a minute, before I posted apologizing for my tardiness in writing a sheet, you said there were three people you were waiting on. Did you kick me out already? D:
No. You weren't one of the people I was waiting for. When I say that I'm waiting for certain people, it generally means people in my usual circle of friends who have expressed interest, but often haven't posted in the thread.

CounterAttack, I need these two questions explicitly answered in order for my sheets to be created:
1. Upon receiving superpowers, would you allow it if my completely normal character mentally snapped and started killing people?
2. Are our characters allowed to be older than 30 and be employed at the university, rather than being a student there?
1) That isn't the path I would like the player-characters to take. Doing so would directly contradict certain plot elements I have in mind. Plus, if you go on a murderous rampage, you will likely end up dead. My answer is no, I would not allow it.
2) As has been mentioned above, I specifically stated that all player-characters are students at the university, and should be within the age constraints of 18 to 30 years of age. So I have to say no.

If you have issues with following the constraints I have set as the GM, then I can't help but think there will be problems further down the line.

I might try to get three sheets submitted for this game, but it all depends on how much time I have, as it recently been taking me a while to get a sheet out the door.
Three sheets? If you are intending that all three be accepted, I stated in the rules section that no-one should apply with more than one character. If you submit three characters, a maximum of one will be accepted. This rule is in place to ensure that no one participant has a larger degree of control over a given situation than everyone else.

Asclepion

Aug 16, 2011
NeoAC said:
deathbydeath said:
Variety has to make some kind of sense though. I could make a pizza and just for the sake of variety, throw kitty litter on as a topping. Now I don't have a normal pizza, but it's not going to taste very good.

I've RP'd with people who have done exactly what you are proposing, and it doesn't make for a good RP. It makes for a hassle for every other RPer to deal with. Also, if you really, REALLY, want to be a serial killer, that's basically going to make you a villain. And PC villains in RPs have a short shelf life, because they have to follow the standard arc of villain life. You rise up, and then you get beaten back and fall down. Ignoring that path results in either trenchcoating, PvP that results in one big Matrix dodge fest, or both. It makes for a one-sided story, and that defeats the whole purpose of RPing.

If you are that interested in exploring that kind of relationship between good and evil, and want to get into the Dexter/Death Note conflicts of what makes one good and one evil, write a story about it. But unless all the writers are taking part and working towards the same goal, an RP is not the place for that at the expense of others.
I was also planning the villain route, as should be obvious from my sheet.

Some would use their powers to subjugate other people.

These may even form their own group. The 'PC villain problem' you speak of would be lessened if it was an entire team of villains facing you instead of just one.

Hell, we have enough players for it.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Asclepion said:
I was also planning the villain route, as should be obvious from my sheet. Some of them would use their powers to subjugate other people, and these may form their own group. The 'PC villain problem' you speak of would be lessened if it was an entire team of villains against you instead of just one.

Hell, we have enough players for it.
If anything the problem would be made worse by multiple 'villain' characters running around. I don't want my thread to devolve into PvP fighting. I have said in this thread that I do not want player-characters who are inclined to turn 'bad guy'.

And you appear to think that everyone will be getting in. That will not be the case: I have said that I intend to accept anywhere between eight and ten characters, as a rough estimate.

Raynoson

Mar 31, 2011
CounterAttack said:
Asclepion said:
Peoples and personalities change, in times of tragedy or sudden change, I.E winning the lottery, getting in to a car accident, school shootings, along with suddenly acquiring superpowers. I'd have to agree with CounterAttack on the subject of no one outright being set for a villainous path, then again if people have gang backgrounds or are just plain assholes so easily generated in life, then it'd be understandable for some to go rouge and appear.
The subject has a lot of issues with what is planned and what is allowed, and seems hard to not stray perilously close to a PvP festival of fights =/.
On the other hand seeing the birth of a villain both GM made and player made, and the path they travel is interesting in any case. No one starts out right off the bat murdering an entire town on whim, then they are just an insane psychopath, one who builds up to it and plans it are Villains.
NeoAC said:
deathbydeath said:
Not every villain is automatically set to follow the path dictated of rise and fall, though this is often the case in a world where common good tends to out weigh common evil. As independent players on the board we are free to move as we wish, but like chess, the pieces we come to play are restricted.

Viking Incognito

Master Headsplitter
Nov 8, 2009
I removed the bit about Diz doing parkour to make him more normal. (even thought it isn't exactly outlandish)

Name: Dwayne Isaac Zavattoni (Nickname: Diz)

Appearance: Diz is African American, 6?1 with black hair and green eyes. He has been keeping in shape so he can make the University Track team so he has toned muscles and weighs 194 pounds. He has long dreadlocks that he keeps in a loose bun like this [http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_bio/public/talent/bio/2012/01/kofi-kingston-bio.png]. His left ear is pierced three times: One stud in the ear-lobe, and two small rings on the outer curve. He has a faded scar on his neck from a mugging gone bad several years ago.

Clothing: Diz likes to wear T-shirts under his signature leather jacket [ http://leather-shop-blog-store.biz/wp-content/themes/shopperpress/thumbs/Replica-X-Men-Wolverine-distressed-dark-brown-leather-motorcycle-jacket-front-2-www.leather-shop.co_1.jpg]. He also likes cargo pants, and green/black sneakers without socks [ https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWFDB9typZr5AIGC0rXWcLIkLFESZc5b3bOTMkIAa6mjmnL51RKg].

Personality: Diz grew up in Brightfields, so he grew up speaking with a ?gangsta? inflection that he hasn?t quite gotten rid of, and that gives some people the wrong first impression. He is actually a very easy-going and lighthearted guy. He is very passionate about sports, because he wants to be a professional athlete; not just for money or fame, but because he wants to inspire other people. He likes to keep things lighthearted, but thanks to the environment he grew up in, he knows that sometimes things go bad and nothing can change it.

Biography: Dwayne was born the son of Nicolo Zavattoni (an immigrant from Italy), and Tiara La-Roy, a native of Brightfields Silverhollow. He had a younger brother named Antonio, and they relied on each other to stay out of trouble while growing up among the gangs. While in high school, Dwayne got the nickname Diz, which are his initials, because his real name is such a mouthful. He and his brother both went out for high school sports and made a name for themselves in track and field.

During his sophomore year, Diz and his brother were walking back from school when they were held up by three gang members. He didn?t have time to find out which gang they belonged too before they put a knife to his neck and pointed a gun at his brother. Antonio was handing over his backpack peacefully when a stray cat jumped out of a dumpster and startled the muggers. Antonio was shot twice in the chest, and Diz got the scar on his neck. Diz held his brother while he died. The day of Antonio?s funeral, Diz decided he would have to live well and make his brother proud.

The police thought they would get an arrest from his testimony, but when he told them the truth (that he didn?t know who killed his brother) they thought he was protecting the gang members. They treated him terribly and accused him of working with the killers. This resulted in him losing his faith in police. He managed to make it through high school with a remarkable athletic record. He wanted to get away from Silverhollow, and several collages were offering him scholarships and other ?incentives? to come and compete for them. In the end, he went with Goldmar University so he could stay close to his parents. He is using his athletic scholarship to pay for school, and he gave the money offered to him by the university to his parents so they could move out of their old neighborhood and into Glassgate where they live now.

Last year, his first year at the school, he was getting used to living in a safe environment for the first time, and finally learned to be truly happy for the first time since his brother was killed. Now, his second year at G.U. he is planning to live a normal life for once and truly enjoy life in collage.

Notes: Diz visits his parents on the weekends, and took the university to nationals for track and field last year.

Holy_Handgrenade

Feb 16, 2009
Name: Maximus Flynn

Appearance: Flynn is of average height at around 5'10. He is white and what most would generally call good looking in appearance. Flynn likes to take care in his appearance, his hair usually takes on a variety of styles regularly but most often he wears his brown hair in a pulled up quiff. He is not overweight and has somewhat a semblance of muscular definition but does not possess the commitment needed to acquire the coveted 'six pack', most would describe him as of athletic build. Like his hair he takes pride in his clothing, used to being at school in England he tends to dress smartly for college at least always wearing a blazer and occasionally a loosely worn tie. He picks clothes that generally make him stand out though are always fashionable. His face is flecked with a small amount of freckles matching his brown eyes.

Personality: Flynn is a confident charismatic young student who very much desires to be a social hub in university, striving to take on a leadership. He is seen by some as overconfident and cocky as a result though he would say such people are generally boring and jealous. Flynn takes pride in his silver tongue seeing most social situations as a challenge or test of his abilities, being able to talk his way out of most situations. He is regarded as sharp by teachers at a young age with much expected of him but his lack of effort placed into academia soon put an end to their efforts too. Despite this he is knowledgeable but only in the areas he wishes and sees education not as a way to get good grades but to gain knowledge and sees that as the reward in its own right. He is the first to come up with a creative new idea though lacks the commitment to carry it through. He tends to be somewhat of a daydreamer which drives his ambition, setting rather lofty goals for himself in life though one of his greatest fears is not being able to meet them resulting in his lack of drive as a scapegoat. He is generally impulsive and pleasure seeking, having no lack of confidence and to the outside world having somewhat a shameless nature though inwardly his reputation is everything to him. His political views are something Flynn holds very much as part of his identity being very liberal and what some may view as communist having a very much negative view of current government and it being controlled by the rich. To those who see his overly extrovert personality as a negative his compassion in life and political views are is redeeming characteristic.

Biography: Flynn was born in a small town in England coming from a generally wealthy background though not of millionaire status going to a state school and having a family who rose out of a working class background helped shape Flynn's behaviour and ideals. From a young age he was very ambitious whilst most children wished to be firemen or policemen his dream career was king or emperor of the world rather ironic due to current political views. He wasn't a child of particular note in the school hierarchy till his final years of high school and sixth form. Though at sixth form he thrived in the social scene being very much of a party goer and ladies' man enjoying to sleep around with people he deemed good looking and of tolerable personality seeing his work as secondary to his social activities. In his subjects he was very much undecided swapping between subjects as widely ranged as Classics and Physics in order to make his choice. Once sixth form came to an end he decided to look across the pond for the next step, having always wanted to move their as a child it was the logical step for university. Settling on Goldmar though not his major, still being torn between the arts and science the only thing being definite to him being the importance of his social life.

Notes: Flynn lives in a fraternity on campus ( I thought it would be best for you to decide on it's name and so on as others may also want to be a part of a fraternity) throwing parties more or less every fortnight. While seeing himself as being of strong moral character this can sometimes be forgotten in his ambition and sense of reputation.

elementsoul

Aug 28, 2009
Name: Marcus Wickliffe

Appearance: Marcus is of Kenyan decent. Standing at Six feet three inches and weighing two hundred pounds of what is primarily muscle, Marcus looks intimidating enough without the large straight scar, that spans across his left cheek to his nose, and the missing lower right second premolar tooth. Marcus' hair is black and is normally shaved down to about a two level. He keeps himself clean shaven as it makes him look more professional when presenting, or meeting presenters in his major. His eyes are the colour brown.

In terms of clothing Marcus normally wears jeans and a t-shirt or sports jersey. Occasionally he will sport a grey or black sweat suit when he's run out of other clothing to wear. (Generally when he forgets to do his laundry) For footwear Marcus wears a pair of Jordan Super Fly Low basketball shoes. When going to school Marcus also sports a rather plain looking black backpack that he keeps his notes and laptop in. He also is normally listening to music with a set of black Dr. Dre Beats Headphones.

Personality: When first meeting Marcus one might describe him as quiet or reserved. This is because he was also told to hold his tongue around people as he could never knew who they were. One wrong word, one joke that they didn't find funny could have meant a trip to the hospital, so it was something that Marcus learned well.

Once you get to know Marcus well enough, or rather he knows you well enough; you'll find him to be much more charismatic. Often blurring the line between jokingly cocky and just plain overly cocky is a familiar practice for him around his friends and acquaintances. In more social settings Marcus will often try, and likely fail, to play the role of a player in attempts to pick up women to impress his friends.

At a complete fault is Marcus' loyalty. This was his brother's doing as he instilled in him a "protect those who protect you" mentality. This has caused Marcus to get into several fights where he got his ass handed to him and even scarred him. It also meant that as one of the few people in his area without an open warrant, he was often required to be the one to bail others out of jail.

Biography: Marcus was born in Silverhollow on January 18th, 1994. He was born to his hardworking father, Andre Wickliffe, and to his loving mother, Kimberly Wickliffe, along with his ten year old brother, Dontez.

Marcus was raised almost entirely in the Brightfields district of Silverhollow and was surrounded by poverty and violence centered in the area. Fights, muggings, theft, and even the rare shooting weren't unheard of in the area that he was living in. Probably the worst thing in his parents eyes were the protection fees they were charged monthly by The Titans, who controlled the area that they lived in.

Even within the terrible environment that they lived in; Marcus' family somehow felt that they would be alright as long as they were smart and kept their heads above water. Not seeing anything, not hearing anything, not talking back to the gang members, and simply complying with the way things were helped make sure that they didn't anger anyone. Sadly this false security made Kimberly's death, in a drive by shooting, that much harder on the family. A member of The Burning Brands had killed her in a failed drive by shooting of a member of The Watchers. Marcus was five at the time.

Out of anger and wanting revenge Dontez walked down to the green bandanna-wearing leader of The Titans that controlled his neighbourhood. Dontez made a deal to pledge to The Titans if they gave him a gun in order to kill the member of The Burning Brands who killed his mother. The experienced member agreed to the deal and dropped Dontez off in order to watch him do it.

After emptying the clip into the man, clearly killing him, Dontez was quickly picked up and brought back to his neighbourhood's headquarters in order to finish the initiation. The rest of the initiation was Dontez getting beat to a pulp for an hour to prove that he was not only tough enough to be in The Titans, but to also ensure that he wouldn't break or turn on the gang.

The sight of Dontez almost collapsing through the door way of their apartment with a white bandanna was what told Marcus that they were never really alright like his parents told him they were. From that point on Andre had to start working a second job in order to financially support the family. Dontez's position in The Titans meant that the monthly protections fees stopped, and that after paying off some outstanding debts the family no longer owed money to The Titans and Andre was able to start saving money for his family.

Since his father took up a second job, Marcus now had to be looked after by Dontez almost all of the time. This meant that he was often hanging out with the kids, or younger brothers and sisters of other members of The Titans. Immersed in the gang culture it would have almost been certain that Marcus would end up in the same path of his brother, but Dontez was going to make sure that that wouldn't happen.

As soon as he started school, Dontez forced Marcus' head into his books. School work was now his priority by force, as Dontez didn't want his brother to end up in same place that he was; he wanted him to be better. Still after school work Marcus had made friends with so many others set for the same path as his brother. It was almost a strange fit for Marcus to hang out with them as he grew up and maintain much higher grades than the rest of them.

In the end his grades didn't matter to the rest of them as they were still a pack. Most tried to follow the steps their family members had taken, and were one after the other inducted into The Titans. Dontez by this time had gained a green bandanna and had blocked Marcus from joining the gang. Still The Titans were his family and protected his family and himself so he helped them like he was one.

The scar on his face and his missing tooth were both gained when he followed the gang's loyalty and jumped into fights when the other gangs attacked or tried to fight members of The Titans. His lack of official association was what left him with the ability to bail his friends out of jail when they were arrested.

After a long time and a few friends lost, Marcus had found himself practically alone amongst his friends when he graduated from high school. His brother's persistence in making him stay ahead of his school work eventually had him excel in mathematics, and lead to him getting a partial scholarship for the accounting program at Goldmar University. With the help of his father's savings and his brother's financial support Marcus was able to accept the scholarship and attend Goldmar University.

After almost a year of living outside of Brightfields and its heavily violent culture, Marcus has almost completely changed. Being immersed in a normal society had made him want to leave almost everything about his prior life behind. He realized that The Titans weren't something that protected him, but only held him down. Most of all he realized that Dontez had thrown away his life to make sure that Marcus won't throw away his own.

Notes: Marcus' loyalty is now almost completely dedicated to his family and little remains to his friends of his past. Marcus would only protect those that felt he owes his or his family's lives too.

Marcus still maintains the reserved exterior when meeting people in part to being a natural habit, and part to it having helped him not make bad impressions with people who could potentially help him find co-op placements or potentially jobs once he completes his degree.

Marcus currently lives off campus in an apartment with two roommates.

He also lacks a car so he walks, bikes, or buses wherever he needs to go.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
[HEADING=2]General Announcement:[/HEADING]​

A list of accepted characters is starting to take shape in my personal notes. However, I note that there are a larger number of acceptable male characters than there are females. If anyone is thinking about writing an application, or if anyone who has already posted a sheet feels like making some edits, I could use some balancing of the metaphorical scales.

Cheers. =)

Raynoson

Mar 31, 2011
CounterAttack said:
A list of accepted characters is starting to take shape in my personal notes. However, I note that there are a larger number of acceptable male characters than there are females. If anyone is thinking about writing an application, or if anyone who has already posted a sheet feels like making some edits, I could use some balancing of the metaphorical scales.
Cheers. =)
Why not? Though if you have any feedback to state before I go and edit my sheet for the 3rd time around, it'd be appreciated.

<spoiler=Audrey Lang / Raynoson>Name:Audrey (Addy) Lang
Sex:Female
Appearance:Audrey is an Asian Canadian, standing at a 5 foot 6, a pair of green eyes, and straight black hair that reaches past her ears with her bangs parted. Her physique is ample yet fit with some muscles showing, wearing long shorts and shirts when weather permits, sticking to simple patterns and colors, over flashy symbols and brands. She has small selection of formal dresses from her mother, a large selection of formal shoes (rarely worn), and jackets that are practical with pockets.
Personality:Audrey is the kind of person who is "cruel to be kind", she is not cold and distance, but tends to be impatient and easily exasperated with people. Shifting between hesitant optimism, dismal indifference, and everything in between, she may come off as a tad bipolar to those who don't see her frequently. Despite this she genuinely cares for friends and family alike, caring for them like a big sister, though it may be difficult to see at times. She often comes to reflect and understand moments when she acts rash to others, and usually tries to make amends if she doesn't feel her actions were justified.

Biography:Born and raised in Vancouver Canada, Audrey came in to a family of 5, with an older brother (4 yrs. older), and sister (6 yrs. older). For the better part of 12 years she lived happily enough with her family, asides from the occasional arguments and fights between siblings.
Towards her thirteenth birthday her parents got in to a fierce argument, concerning their jobs, place of work, and arrangements between the two of them. Ending in divorce, her father took her and her brother to New York City, while her sister remained with their mother. The change was sudden, and the transition was difficult for her, finding difficulty making new friends and missing Vancouver, the only thing that made it bearable was her older brother.
With their father busy with work, it fell upon her brother to watch her most of the time, and over two years tension grew between him and their father. As soon as he was 18, her brother moved away to Silverhallow with the help of their mother, much to her fathers chagrin.
Alone in New York and restricted by her father, she no longer was able to go to Vancouver to visit her mother, leave home after school to hang out with what few friends she made, and her father cited failure in school as to why (she was an average student). Devoting herself to studying and improving, she repeatedly asked her father to go and to Silverhallow and visit her brother, each time she was rebuffed, she still received e-mails from her mother and sister, and a few months after her brother left, she began to receive letters.
The letters were from her brother, detailing life in Silverhollow, and while not directly saying in them, it seemed he had fallen in with a gang called "The Titans". Occasionally the letters would have money in them, a small trinket or picture, or even jewelry, alongside urging her to come visit. She never shared the contents of the letters or what they held with her father, in part because he made it clear he wanted to cut ties with his son, and fearing he would question where her brother was getting such goods and funds.
Towards her end of high school, she finally approached her father with a plan she had been working on. Improving in school tremendously in two years past, with extracurricular activities as well, she had managed to get accepted to Goldmar University, and received a scholarship. Her father unable to refuse within reason grudgingly agreed to her leaving for Silverhallow.
Sending a letter back to her brother at her success, she managed to get a reply before she left. In it was a card for a bank account in her name, paperwork concerning it, and a simple message saying he?d meet her at her apartment. She had managed to get a decent apartment in the Stonefalcon district with help from her mother, and Audrey didnt doubt that she had told her brother about it.
Arriving at Silverhallow, and heading straight to her apartment, her brother was nowhere to be found. Expecting a visit soon, she took a week to get her apartment together, tour the University, and contact her mother and sister about her brother. Neither had received any word from him recently, and neither did they have an e-mail address or number.
Heading to the address she had sent the letters to she discovered it was a rented mailbox, with her name written in for partial ownership. Checking the mailbox she found her letter she had sent in reply to his last was still there, paying the rent for it, she left to search for her brother.
For three years she attended Goldmar University studying to be a lawyer, all the while searching for her brother. For three years her efforts proved fruitless, the time spent had begun to effect her in school and socially, and relenting over pressure from her mother and sister she reported him missing to the police. As a new year comes around the corner, and the prevalence of super powered begins, Audrey fears for the future.
Notes:
-She is within biking distance to the University from her apartment
-Her mother is French and her father is Asian, both are second generation in Canada
-She speaks passable French, and enough Kantonese/Mandarin that she can get by
-She is a citizen of the U.S and has a drivers license
-A small vault in her apartment contains personal documents, emergency funds, and the jewelry she got from her brother
-She occasionally volunteers for charity work
-Her money is mostly from a modest budget from her father, and occasional funds from her mother

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Deu Sex said:
I'm interested in this. How soon will applications be closing?
I was intending to close sometime soon. By which I mean either this evening (my time), tomorrow or the day after. If nothing new comes up, then I'll likely close sooner rather than later.

Fishtie

Sep 19, 2010
Well then, I might as well hurry up and submit a character then.

Name: Susan Freeman
Sex: Female

Appearance: Susan's dark skin and broad face are clear indicators of her African American parentage. While she only stands about 5'3" tall, Susan is not especially thin possessing a healthy weight and moderately small bust. Susan's eyes are actually a quite clear blue despite no one in her immediate family having similar, they are set close over her nose that is slightly flattened from when it was broken and improperly set years ago. Susan's hair is naturally black and straight, but while she cuts it to about ear length she has recently also taken to dying it candy-floss pink and flaring it out a bit. Susan has the burning brand symbol tattooed on the inside of her left wrist, though these days she always wears a watch, wristband, long sleeves or something else to cover it up.

Susan prefers to dress warmly favoring jeans, tee-shirts. In summer she often wears a lightweight Goldmar U jacket, replaced by a well worn blue parka in winter. Sue nearly always has her backpack (black with red straps) with her as well as her semi-signature dark red and gray scarf that she ties around her waste when it's too warm to wear. Susan often walks or stands with her arms crossed and tends to rest her chin in her hand when she is deep in thought or concentrating.

Personality: Susan tends to be direct and unrelenting about what she thinks or wants if she believes she can get away with it. Sue believes that the most important right; nay duty; of a human is their capacity for self improvement, and she tends to expect a lot out of herself and others. The one thing other then dogs that Susan absolutely can't stand is people being stupid and not stopping to think things through properly. However, Susan also is internally acknowledging of hypocrisy, such as her own difficult to shrug off loyalty to her old gang-mates.

Biography: Susan is the eldest of four sisters who were born and raised in the Brightfields district of Silverhollow. Something that was quite shocking to the young girl every time one of her siblings was born though was the sad state of the inner-city hospital and it's staff. This is what inspired Susan to become a doctor no mater what it took. Having to watch over her younger siblings in Brand territory meant that Susan had to grow up tough, which was compounded by the fact that her academic successes; earned through intense study and work; were not popular among her peers. When she was old enough Susan officially joined the Burning Brands, mostly to provide a measure of extra protection for her sisters.

Eventually though Susan's hard work payed off. There was no way that her poor family could send her to a good school, but Susan's exceptional grades earned her a scholarship to Goldmar University where she has been undergoing pre-med classes for one year so far. Susan has been moderately interested in the recent superhero appearances. Particularly of note to her is Detective Hearfield whom she has encountered a few times in the past; both peacefully and antagonistically; and who she has a level of respect for.

Notes: Susan currently lives in an apartment nearby the collage that she shares with 4 other girls, none of whom she can stand. While Susan's scholarship covers her full school costs and a little extra, she still works a part time job as a cleaner in a Millennial pharmaceutical company for expenses and to send a little something home.

As always, comments and criticism are welcome. Also, anyone who wants to set up a previous relation/whatever get in touch.

Deu Sex

Aug 26, 2012
Also, I'm interested in the Brightfield gangs. Could you elaborate a bit more on them?

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Deu Sex said:
Also, I'm interested in the Brightfield gangs. Could you elaborate a bit more on them?
Additional information on the three gangs and their turfwar can be found near the start of page 2.

Deu Sex

Aug 26, 2012
Name: Carmilla Williams
Sex: Female

Appearance: Stands at 5?11 and weighs 145 lbs. She has long black hair which she allows to grow out past shoulder-length, light green eyes, tanned brown skin and sharp facial features. She possesses a relatively fit physique. She has a piercing on her right ear, a tattoo of the number 13 that covers the whole back of her right hand, a rattlesnake tattoo that goes along the length of her left arm, and a great big eagle tattoo stretching across her back. When it comes to clothing, she generally dons a black label shirt, a demin jacket, a pair of demin jeans and leather boots.

Personality: Carmilla has a very audacious attitude regarding most things. She tends to act in a rather bold and carefree manner, not caring for what others think about her. When discussion comes to the table she?s always vocal in getting her opinion heard. Although rash, Carmilla is smart enough for the most to reign herself in, should she think acting out will get herself into problems. Sometimes though her hotheadedness gets the better of her, much to the distaste of all parties. Carmilla holds strong beliefs regarding personal liberty and feels a lot of the time that others are stopping her from expressing her free spirit. This causes her to display an irrational bad attitude towards authority figures. Carmilla holds rather tomboyish interests ? ranging from motorcycles and firearms to bug collecting and heavy metal.

Biography: Born and raised in southern California, Carmilla was born to hispanic father and a caucasian mother. Growing up in the rundown streets of Los Angeles, it was never a secret to the girl that her father was a gangster. He was a longtime Sureño and extremely close associate to La Eme. Throughout her childhood Carmilla?s father would rotate in and out of prison in an almost routine fashion ? working for the Mexican gangleaders within jail and representing their interests on the streets. Despite his criminal lifestyle, Carmilla adored and respected her father much to the dismay of her mother. Although they?d see each infrequently, her father always made their time together as enjoyable as possible. He?d often preach to her daughter about the values of personal freedom, and how someone should always act however they feel. The influence of her father shaped Carmilla more than anything else.

When Carmilla was just going into high school her father was killed during a prison riot. Once the news of the even reached her, she became very emotionally distraught. Her behavior began to change as her attitude changed from free-spirited outgoingness to aggressive rashness. She was constantly getting into trouble her high school life ? getting into scuffles with other students, giving teachers attitude, missing classes and once beating her boyfriend unconscious in the halls when she thought he was cheating on her. Unable to cope still with her father?s death, Carmilla took up smoking and started hanging out with bad crowds. Worried by her shifting attitude and terrified that she might one day follow in her father?s footsteps, Carmilla?s mother decide that she needed to take action. She became incredibly strict with her daughter ? putting her on curfew and taking away certain privileges until she improved herself. Although Carmilla?s initially reacted horribly to this, she gradually was forced to deal with her current situation and buckle under. She learned to reign in her emotions and focus on taking school more seriously. Despite this though, she continued to show an unhealthy interest in the local gangs of Los Angeles. Her mother realized that something had to be done, and took drastic action. As soon as Carmilla graduated from high school, her mother has the both of them moved to Silverhollow in Michigan. Although Carmilla became extremely estranged with her mother due to this, she believed it would be for the better to move her daughter out of an unhealthy environment.

For the last three years, Carmilla has lived in the Lake Alabaster district of Silverhollow. Despite feeling estranged by this new environment and homesick thinking of Los Angeles, she has grown accustom overtime to the city. She attends law programs at Goldmar University and works part-time at a scrapyard. Although she initially showed interested in the city?s local gangs, she found herself to be off-put by their demeanors. In her spare time she generally hands around clubs or bars.

Notes: Speaks fluent Spanish, owns a motorcycle.