The Great Canadian Modern Warfare 2 Rickroll Caper

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Nevermind his prank, that guy has an epic beard.

Revelo said:
People still rickroll each other? It was creative but it's nothing special now. The Meme got old the moment Macy's Day Parade got rickrolled.
Yup, there's a worm that affects jail-broken iPhones in Australia that's one big rick-roll.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8349905.stm

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
Undercover said:
sirdanrhodes said:
Undercover said:
sirdanrhodes said:
That could have been so much better.
Please, for the benefit of the comically impaired would you elaborate on exactly HOW this could have been better, and include no less than three completely original examples on how you would have improved upon this already awesome prank.

Now what I want to know is, what's up with the couch? Timmy's change hunt? (You'll probably have to be Canadian to get the reference, but if you're not, and you DO, then good on ya!)
1.He should have kept the game a fortnight and say it didn't show up.
2.Pick a time when he wasn't so out of it.
3.Do not give him the disc.
"A" for effort, but
1: How would that even be remotely funny?
2: How would that even be remotely funny?
3: How would that even be remotely funny?

I said improve the prank, not degrade it to a preschooler's level. Stop wasting my time. If you're going to post inflammatory remarks like that, you should be prepared to back them up with intelligent, well thought out hilarity. I would have been pretty impressed if you could have pulled it off, but it seems like you were just in a hurry to reply to my post and put zero thought into it. Oh well, I stopped caring a couple of sentences ago so go ahead and flame me, I might read it next week.
Dude, chill out. That was some unnecessary frustration.

This prank was amazing. I just love that his first response is to rant on Facebook. Reminds me of that old blogging T-Shirt.

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
This prank is commendable, but "remarkably creative" it is not. I've done the same thing, 10 years ago. Of course, I didn't video it. And the Rickroll meme hadn't happened yet. And youtube didn't exist then.

Also it would have been better if it was pulled on someone who cared more and would get really mad about it. This dude was stoned and barely cared.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Fearzone said:
3:10 his friend reads the disc label: "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare."

Not: "Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2."

I checked to see if this was just an old video but it was posted a couple days ago, and in the beginning he is using Modern Warfare 2.
Hah, noticed that as well - obviously he's so out of it that he can't read! Plus at the beginning he sounds like he was talking about CoD4's levels - not sure if he was recapping the previous game, or was merely horrifically confused about what game he had ordered XD

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
He probably doesnt get it because of the following:

Beer Intox + The huge price of that TV + Rent

This guy....must have a nice job

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
First off I would like to point out the side of the guys TV, its huge!!! and secondly this would have been a much bigger win if they guy new he was been RickRolled, oh well // Well play on the pranksters side and good for him for been able to keep a straight face

-M

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
Well, the video has been removed and I can't find it. If somebody could post another link, that would be great.

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
The guy (evil mastermind) who planned this should get some form of medal. I dont think I wouldn't be able to stand let alone talk if I was in that room.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Okay, sorry guys, not sure what's going on here but as you can see the video has been pulled. I'll see if I can track down another link and get it up el pronto.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
The video has already been removed.

I am a sad panda. I mean, I would've liked to see this in action.

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
Damnit I always notice this stuff right after it has been removed. Either by user or violation of terms. Ah well no harm done.