The Great Debate - Chunky vs. Smooth

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
So I can see the incoming storm already, but I must ask:

Chunky Peanut Butter or Smooth Peanut Butter?

I've always been, and always will be, a Chunky Peanut Butter man. The taste, the contrast of the chunky nuts vs. the peanut butter and whatever you've put it on. MMMMMMMM.

Good stuff.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
Chunky is the way to go.

But this debate is ultimately meaningless, as a new challenger has risen and if not dealt with quickly, peanut butter kind could be in serious trouble. I am of course talking about the Nutella eating barbarians.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I only have peanut butter when I eat candy and it's in said candy, so Imma have to go with smooth. Just like I am.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
You people obviously don't understand what good is. Smooth is the only way to go. Chunky is just disgusting and takes away taste from the peanut butter. There is a thing called too much and chunky is that. I shudder at the memory of eating it.

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
Uh, I'd say smooth on the account of those chunky bits sometimes getting stuck in my teeth. But I don't really care that much either way, it's just peanut butter.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Why can't we all learn to respect both varieties for their different tastes and attributes? Chunky is better for texture but smooth is much easier to spread & you use less of it. Death to the chunky infidels

ITT: Peanut-butter racists

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I don't like chunky butter, and so I equally despise the chunky peanut variety.

I don't think you can even get chunky peanut butter over here anymore. Calvé; the brand for peanut butter where I live certainly doesn't seem to sell it anymore. Or maybe I'm just blinded by the utterly superior jars of smooth peanut butter lining the shelves.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Smooth all the way! Also what? No poll?

Well ok I am somewhat bias as I don't like nuts itself per say well I used to especially chunky peanut. I just don't want anything to disrupt my eating.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Smooth, I guess. Chunky sounds like it'd be a bit...ew. Nah, that's not right, man. That s**t looks like it grows on cave walls!

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
Smooth for cooking with (mmmmmmm chocolate peanutbutter swirl cake).

But just for a good ol' PB'n'J? Gotta be chunky, on doorstop bread, open top.

There can be peace between the two sides I say, both have merit.

Ubiquitous Duck

Jan 16, 2014
Dude. Major hate going on right now.

I've been having PB & j sandwiches daily at the moment, but couldn't make mine for today, yesterday, as of an arm/neck injury.

Now I am without any sandwich at work and, more specifically, out of my expected PB & J.

Damn you for reminding me... I thought this would be my safe haven... but I was wrong!

... Also, smooth.

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
Happiness Assassin said:
Chunky is the way to go.

But this debate is ultimately meaningless, as a new challenger has risen and if not dealt with quickly, peanut butter kind could be in serious trouble. I am of course talking about the Nutella eating barbarians.
Nutella? I haven't had that for ages. I can't even remember what it tastes like.

For peanut butter, however, I go for crunchy. Goes especially well with celery.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Chunky all the way man, death to those who would choose smooth! You're all dead to me.

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
If sandwiches are the only thing that matters Smooth so yeah for most people my answer is Smooth but any other application chunky and that is why I buy because if I am going to make a sandwich PB&J will not be it as i will have to make like 3 of them and if I wanted a sandwich my local grocer has a deli and there is a better deli next to it an I tend to go before lunch so if I wanted a sandwich I already have one.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Different PB for different situations. I find chunky is good for a PB&J, but if I'm spreading it on an apple or banana, I prefer smooth.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
*reads title*
Are we talking about poop?
*reads OP*
Oh, peanut butter. I don't like peanut butter. :/

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Happiness Assassin said:
Chunky is the way to go.

For breakfast, I'm having a smooth and chunky peanut butter sandwich with a topping of nutella and real peanuts for breakfast. With almond butter dipping sauce.

Y'all be haters. :D