The Great GTA: San Andreas Petition!

bottom

Aug 26, 2008
Come and read the petition!

If you agree, sign up and tell Rockstar what we want!

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/thgreatgtapetition

Also leave your comments in support of the petition here!

Discuss whether you think it's a good idea to redevelop GTA: San Andreas with next gen physics and graphics! :)

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
No. It's good idea to redevelop Vice City with San Andreas'-sized state and new generation physics and graphics.

Or maybe do Grand Theft Hovercar (GTA in space). Or Grand Theft Locomobile (GTA in steampunk). Or...

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
While I love San Andreas I really want to see Rockstar go somewhere new for their next outing. Hopefully wherever it is will have the same variety as Carl Johnson's playground. Liberty City, while beautifully crafted, was a bit too flat and had that "been there done that" feel.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
revo8891 said:
Discuss whether you think it's a good idea to redevelop GTA: San Andreas with next gen physics and graphics! :)
No, as with any of these plans, is crap.

You already have San Andreas, what do you gain with a remake besides stifling creativity. This kind of thinking is massively damaging to gaming, you're encouraging companies to make the same project all the time, which is bad for us.

InProgress

Feb 15, 2008
Instead of remaking San Andreas, they would be better off doing their April Fool's joke: GTA: Harbor City. Besides, petitions never work out.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
San Andreas has been my least favourite of all the GTAs so far, why on Earth would I want a remake. Now a Vice City remake, that's something I could get behind.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
So you want Rockstar to spend millions of dollars to develop a game that they made within the last ten years?
I'm not a fan of the GTA series, but I'm sure it would sell just fine...but seriously why would they remake what they already did and not something new (which is what most people want).

And a petition? I doubt it'll work.

tragicdwarf

Nov 2, 2009
I love San Andreas. By far my fav GTA of all. But i'm inclined to agree that Rockstar need to do something fresh with the next GTA.

As much as GTAIV is a good game it is a long way from being what it should have been. In my humble opinion GTAIV is not really a GTA game and I don't think they've done themselves any favours in terms of their fanbase as a whole. Why they stripped out half the fun of GTA in IV will always be beyond me. They have alot to put right.

So New, Fresh, Fun and not taking themselves too seriously should be the order of the day for the next GTA.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
I think it's a terrible idea.
San Andreas is the worst of the GTA series.
If they are going to 're-do' anything, they should re-do the very first GTA.
Beyond that, stick with new material.

Numb1lp

Jan 21, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
While I love San Andreas I really want to see Rockstar go somewhere new for their next outing. Hopefully wherever it is will have the same variety as Carl Johnson's playground. Liberty City, while beautifully crafted, was a bit too flat and had that "been there done that" feel.
Yeah, it was just a big generic city.

mmkorn22

Jul 28, 2009
That is a horrible idea.

San Andreas is my favorite GTA, but consider the recent onslaught of movie remakes. Those rarely go well. And with the speed at which new technology and graphics are developed, Rockstar would have to re-make their games every 5-7 years or so just to keep it fresh.

That's not the point. The point (I'm sure many people disagree with me) is to make a game that can stand the test of time. A good game is one that is still fun ten years after it is released. Good graphics and better physics are just an added bonus. Those elements, by themselves, do not make a good game.

Once a Human

Nov 9, 2009
This petition is a horrible idea. /parrot

GTA IV was a terrible game all because of its graphical engine. In the middle of the day your character was a walking Shadow Man, and all the cars were invisible because it was so dark out. And breakable headlights? Whoever at Rockstar thought that was a good idea is going to hell for ruining an epic story by making us drive around in the dark the entire game.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Oh Lord, no. I tried to like it, but the hiphop gangster theme got so fucking annoying that I eventually destroyed the game disc because I couldn't bear the stupidity anymore.
I'm not a big fan of remakes in general, but if there's one GTA game I'd like to see remade it's Vice City.

Kollega said:
Or maybe do Grand Theft Hovercar (GTA in space). Or Grand Theft Locomobile (GTA in steampunk).
I'd probably love both of these. Why is there no petition for this?

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Why do people scream for remakes and innovation at the same time? I'd rather play something new.