the great war is upon us (american only)

THAC0

Aug 12, 2009

the american gov has fallen, and the united states quickly divided into 6 independent nations. now each is determined to be the ruler of the continent, using warfare, diplomacy, terrorism, or any other means.

so, who will win, and why?

there is nothing mean spirited about this post, i am an American myself. This is just for fun, don't take it too seriously.

Oh, Alaska and Hawaii have become their own countries and are quite peaceful and content.

white_salad

Aug 24, 2008
I say south westia. Why? They have texas. Texas has all the guns. Just that simple. But I will fight for my homeland of....wait why is it called republic of the eats coast? Wr'tr clearly the west coast. Did the eats coast take over the west? Fuck that man, we west coasters don't go down without a fight. Plus the west coast and eats coast never got along ( Hence the east vs west rap war)

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Wait, what? Why is there a "Republic of the East Coast" on the west coast?
Obviously, the winner will be the great nation of "Yea Boy!!!!!". They seem to have chavs.
Chavs are unstoppable.

THAC0

Aug 12, 2009
white_salad said:
I say south westia. Why? They have texas. Texas has all the guns. Just that simple. But I will fight for my homeland of....wait why is it called republic of the eats coast? Wr'tr clearly the west coast. Did the eats coast take over the west? Fuck that man, we west coasters don't go down without a fight. Plus the west coast and eats coast never got along ( Hence the east vs west rap war)
my bad on the name.

Perhaps they are wanting to imply that anyone coming to the country from Asia will go east to get there. It was my goof for not paying too close attention when i made the map. But i'll fit it into the narrative somehow.

white_salad

Aug 24, 2008
THAC0 said:
white_salad said:
my bad on the name.

Perhaps they are wanting to imply that anyone coming to the country from Asia will go east to get there. It was my goof for not paying too close attention when i made the map. But i'll fit it into the narrative somehow.
Meh it's cool. This is actually a really good idea for a thread. Me likey. Good on you.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
East Costia. We have all the Major Businesses and the Highest Population (Thanks to New York City). I for one, am a Part of North Costia, and we could definately kick The New Confederacy's (What I am Calling "Yeah Boy!!!") ass!

FFHAuthor

Aug 1, 2010
Please see Shattered Union, a strategy game based on this exact concept. Right down to the regional breakdown.

auronvi

Jul 10, 2009
Since I live in Mid Westia I would hope to think we would have a chance. Considering we aren't huge on guns but we have enough to defend ourselves. Through Illinois politics and money we would gain allies in the east and probably in "yea boy!!!" I have a feeling that since South Westia would have the most guns and probably be the most aggressive, I see them actually falling first because most of the divisions would unite against such aggression and when that problem was dealt with we would then peacefully resolve the conflict. Probably end up just uniting again.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
In all honesty, if America were to weaken itself with a 6-way civil war, I can't help but think it would be the perfect time for China to swoop in and buy up the whole country.

panthrjd

Nov 4, 2007
Probably Western Empire, since, you know, they make all our food. Since if our government's collapsed, so has the international economy for the most part, the Western Empire also pretty much has the bulk of our industry. Unless the Republic of the West Coast can win a war by throwing memory sticks at them...

*ahem* Go East Costia!

Xaryn Mar

Sep 17, 2008
Hmmm, sounds like the idea behind Crimson Skies :) Although I am not from the US of A I would go for East Coastia.

FFHAuthor

Aug 1, 2010
HankMan said:
Where can I see this 'Shattered Union' game?
I'd wager you might have luck on Steam or doing a Wiki search for it. It was out about, 4-5 years ago, 20 dollar game. Simple Strategic map, with a smaller strategic Hex grid for battles (state area as opposed to the country), turn based, not very innovative. Rather a dull game, nobody has any advantages over any other.

VERY slow paced game...and I'm a Civ player, so that says something.

Blindrooster

Jul 13, 2009
HankMan said:
Republic of West Coastia= Broke
Western Empire= Empty
Mid Westia= Unemployed
South Westia & Yea Boy= HELL NO!
East Costia= Original (Real) America= WIN

Unfortuneatly, all the guns are in South Westia and yeah Boy. I live in Ky and am within an hour of TWO army bases. I'll give you numbers, though.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN (in a not racist kind of way) My vote: YEA BOY!!!

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
Republic of the East Coast will lose if it comes down to a Geography quiz, as so many wars inevitably do.

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
Mid Westia would have alot of manufacturing and would be a massive power,but South Westia and Yeah boy would have the oil of the gulf,but they would have massive naval battles to keep control to keep the offshore plateformes,so they would not be a huge threat.
East Coastia would be a pathetic power,with no oil,no manufacturing,and not enough ressources.
The republic of West Coast would have nothing real going for them,except for made better technology if they make all the workers of the Sillicon Valley work for them.
Western Empire would have food,but nothing else.

Overall,Mid Westia would roll tanks in Western Empire to secure farmland and south,to secure parts of Texas to get more oil.With food,oil and insane manufacturing capabilities,they would steamroll over everyone else.

nekokid

Jul 10, 2008
Muahaha! i can just see the trasher's in the wester empire mowing down mid westia! we got most of the food here so my vote wester empire!