The Greatest Video Game Sound

Makeshift Koala

Aug 20, 2009
TheGreenManalishi said:
Being spotted in MGS. It just evokes a minisecond of pure, concentrated fear, which forces you to leap to one of two course of action: run and hide, or stand and fight.
damn you.. beat me to the punch =P

i actually love that noise.. i have it set to that noise on my phone whenever i get a text.. never gets old XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icv-7qvFAHQ&feature=related

Lonely Swordsman

Jun 29, 2009
The thunder of rolling treads accompanied by the dull metallic screeching of an artillery cannon getting locked in position. Then a short radioflicker and a single spoken line: "Ready to unleash eleven barrels of hell."

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
First one that comes to find is the sounds of the empty shotgun shells as they hit the floor in Half-life 1. Too lazy to look for a link.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
What a great thread sir!

I instantly know what's mine: The sound effects from Diablo II when you place different things around your inventory. Those were great. Of course some games, say DA:O have about similar with better sound quality, but there was just something great about Diablo II.

Del-Toro

Aug 6, 2008
I dunno, Medal of Honor has a good soundtrack, a very good one actually. Then again I'm just a sucker for orchestra.

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
In Modern Warfare 2 when you're on the ground, your team has an AC130 Spectre Gunship in the air and you just hear the massive rounds barraging the surface with I believe it's the 105mm whichever one fires like a freaking cannon and takes forever to reload lol.

Mmm... and when you're piloting the Apache, Ba-da ba-da ba-da ba-da ( Amateur sound on the Chopper Gunner from the aspect of the shooter ) ah... love that sound. =)

Stylish_Robot

Dec 29, 2008
getting a stab kill in Assassin's Creed, there's a loud CHING!
when you activate a Limit Break in Final Fantasy VII
OH and the sound of the Hunter in Left 4 Dead

Osaka-chaness

Jul 4, 2009
The 1812 Overture that plays when you shoot the RYNO V in Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack In Time~ <3

Also the screaming sound that people make when you cut them in half/cut off their head in No More Heroes XD