The Guardians of London: Fourth Echelon (Chapter Two)

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
"Security? The temple will relinquish it if you show them my signet. The other ring on your hand. Getting there...there's a nest of Bloodletters. Nasty lesser demons, like cutting things up and bathing in blood. Then there are the...things which have been moving about at night. Servants of the Darkness...you'll need to be on guard."

Adele is fine in my book...I think Kin and Ana are more like Lawrence and Holo minus the economics lesson.

Hussmann54

Dec 14, 2009
Kin agreed to Silas' proposal.
"So is my babysitter coming with me?" he tilted a head to Ana. He stood up, ready to leave the table.

=======================================================
A thousand miles away, a man dressed much like a voodoo practitioner approached Sam. He pulled off his hood to reveal cat-like iris'.
"Excuse me, but you seem lost. What do you seek?"
And my avatar is effed up...
can anybody find me a better version of this image: http://mlkshk.com/r/G497

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
"She is so much more than that..." said Silas, leaning back to enjoy the last of his tea. "You should prepare yourself for the long journey..."

It's time to turn over into the next chapter. Everyone who hasn't posted in two pages before the rollover are in limbo and can't post until I reconfirm them. I need to know why people are missing posts.

Hussmann54

Dec 14, 2009
"Alright then." He replied, though hesitant. He walked back to his room without another word.
O Father Approached Silas.
"So he has chosen then?..."

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
"In his own way..." said Silas, finishing his tea. "I feel as though no matter the outcome he will not fully embrace his destiny until the final hour."

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
I can call it Chapter Close now and give it time before we keep going. I'm extremely busy with other stuff.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
[HEADING=1]CHAPTER TWO[/HEADING]
[HEADING=2]THE STORM[/HEADING]

The bullhorns blared a piercing whine before the first black specks appeared in the morning haze. Twelve tiny black spots that one could have mistaken for birds flying high, until of course the first blooms of lurid red blossomed over the London Presidium. Soon the slow tinkling tat-tat of the antiaircraft guns shooting flak high into the air, the roar of a dragon somewhere in the distance, lances of blue fire shooting skyward in impotent rage.

Soon it was over, trails of smoke drifting high into the air marking where the damage had been done. Wheeling and diving, dragons caught chunks of metal as they fell...useless objects torn down like a bird deprived of flight. Shadows beckoned hungrily to the souls lost, and elsewhere the dead were being shoveled into shallow graves.

The sudden anger and hostility from within the Third German Empire was not unexpected, but it was sudden all the same. Some dark thorn poking them in the side for too long, now reaching their breaking point and lashing out as they had done before. But the world was ready this time. Blades were drawn, shields were splintered, blood was spilled. All those within the Conclave drafted an ultimatum, which Germany casually ignored. With the aid of the USSR and certain other allies of Germany withdrew from the Conclave during one emergency session. Their ambassadors did not leave the City of the Illrians alive. Pumped for information, their minds flayed open, their bodies broken they were cast aside when their use had run thin. One million angry fallen angels with a score to settle, unleashed all as one. The Conclave called up every ally it had to begin a war they did not have the time to put down. Everywhere those who served an inner chaos rose up and fires were sparked.

But in the Sudan where a camel caravan crossed the dry rocky desert was one man who could end all of this. In search of a simple bell.

Hussmann54

Dec 14, 2009
N: What does the situation look like?

G: What can I say? Chaos. Things just happened.

N:Casualties?

G:Unknown, but rising by the minute. It was all so sudden. I mean we all knew it was coming, but still...

N:That bad huh?...

G: Yeah, so where is Kin?

N: Off fetching something for Silas.

G:So he is secure? Good.

N: What does the home front look like?

G: Shit storm. about three thousand defected to an exodus with Eric Ramire.

N: Ramire?

G: Cashern left him in charge. Nobody knows where the army went, they dispersed, but we know they are on the move to something.

N: Damn.... so where do we stand?

G: Currently securing immediate borders, gathering assets and figuring out who we can still trust. When the defectors split, it got violent. People were executed in the streets. Rhyle, assets, contacts, partners, didnt matter, if they couldnt trust you, you became a liability. But once they got out, they didnt stick around. Geneva is.. well... not looking good, even though the real war isnt even here yet.

N: Keep me updated.

G: Godspeed.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
The obsidian temple stood high against the barren plains. Ominous, perhaps, but it beckoned the caravan towards it like an unholy oasis.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Ryan made sure his clothes camouflaged with the area surrounding the temple, checked his pack as well as his rifle, and began walking towards the temple assuming others would follow.

Sorry about the wait, I just can't/couldn't think of anything to post.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
I have absolutely no time to devote to this anymore. Less so than any other time. I'm gonna have to suspend the game for a while. Maybe indefinetly...I'll get back to everyone.

Hussmann54

Dec 14, 2009
well bawls I havent been diligent about this now have I? Something will be up in the next 48 hours tops

Kin and Ana walked towards the entrance. The peak of the temple loomed over them, casting a single solitary shadow over the barren lands. Its ancient stonework seemed worn but not broken by wind, time and sand.

The door was a plan sandstone thing until Kin held up the signet of Silas. At that moment there was a great creaking and rolling of unseen stones. The door opened. The action shook the ground, sand even shifted. Soon a path into the darkness opened.

"So..." He looked around. "I guess I should go first then?"