The Guardians of London: Third Echelon CHAPTER THREE [6 Slots Open]

Kuroneko Aisha

Nov 10, 2011
Above the group that was entering Fairie, something hovered in the skies. These somethings were small at first, but as they started to descend on the group they grew and grew in size until they were roughly the size of a beach ball. In the bushes near the portal, a small childish giggle could be heard, though muffled, as the water balloons threatened to hit the first few pioneers. The young Fae Rena couldn't help but pull this prank. She had intended to use the balloons on some of her friends later but upon hearing something happening at the portal, she figured someone, or something, was trying to get in and it was her 'duty' to give them a good Rena welcome!

Daft Sikes

Jun 10, 2010
"Heads up!"
Hadrian noticed the barrage of projectiles heading their way. He withdrew several knives and tossed them at the ones headed for his companions heads. The balloons popped mid-air, and the water flew everywhere, drenching everyone, including him.
'Water balloons?' he thought surprised.
He deftly caught the one aimed at him and tossed it into the bushes. A yelp let Hadrian know that he found his mark.
"I see you there!" he called out in a mocking tone.

Kuroneko Aisha

Nov 10, 2011
A small squeak came from the bushes as Rena was hit with her own balloon. Her plans for a surprise 'attack' foiled, she floated into the air soaked and with a small pout, she said. "Hey that wasn't nice at all! I was just trying to welcome you to Fairie! Kinda like fireworks, just with water!" Rena appeared [http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo252/Nekochild08/shino.jpg] to be a child in form, one no more than roughly six or seven, with long pink hair that fell to her thighs and pure blue eyes. She wore an animal skin dress with leg warmers of the same kind wrapped around her shins to keep them warm. She wore no shoes, so her feet were bare and had bits of grass and dirt on them from walking. Most notable on her though were her pointed ears and the small horn on the middle of her forehead. It was only about two inches in length and was a golden color. She was relatively skinny, but that much was to be expected for someone so small.

Daft Sikes

Jun 10, 2010
"Welcome us, huh?"
Hadrian walked up to her, and knelt down to her height.
He gave her a look that radiated hostility, before breaking out into a genuine smile. He gave a hearty laugh and ruffled her hair. "Well you succeeded, I suppose," He gestured to the others wet forms and himself. "Now, what might your name be young one?"

Kuroneko Aisha

Nov 10, 2011
Rena stiffened up as the man approached and even gulped when he glared at her, but once he started to laugh and ruffle her hair, she let out a small breath of relief while thinking to herself. 'I thought he was gonna kill me! This guy is scary!' Stepping away from the man, just for some personal space, she said. "M-my name's Rena, and I'm not young! I happen to be over 500 years old!" She was plainly lying, but she knew that so little was known about the Fae that she might be able to pass it off.

Daft Sikes

Jun 10, 2010
"Oho?" Hadrian raised a brow, not believing her. "Are you now?" Hadrian lifted his left arm, showing the Fae inscription in Soul's arm guard.
"You can read this, correct?" Soul's large, bright blade glinted beautifully in the sunlight.

Vesuvius Hetlan

Sep 3, 2010
Jeffery was in a terrible mood before he entered the portal, luckily in blowing up that box allowed him to blow of some much needed steam. Which he was using to restrain from killing the new... thing that had just soaked him. She was very, very lucky Jeffery couldn't reach his shotgun due to the sheer rage he was feeling. "Killing her won't solve anything." He repeated this quietly for the next ten minutes.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Harper was standing next to Jeffery as he hear him begin his little mantra. Glancing around, Harper leant over to Jeff and whispered in his ear: "Remember that she, in my eyes, has the same protection as a human. Kill her and deal with me. That should make things a bit easier, hmm?"

Vesuvius Hetlan

Sep 3, 2010
Jeffery snapped, within a second Harper found a shotgun shoved into his mouth. Neither Jeffery nor Harper had moved a muscle. Jeffery was shaking violently, spasming every now and again. "I said it wouldn't do it. BUT NO! LET'S MAKE HIM EXPLAIN THE SECRETS OF TIME AND THEN DISMISS IT AS COMPLETE BULLSHIT AND SKULLFUCKERY! LET'S PUSH THE UNSTABLE MAN WHO GOT US INTO THIS WORLD BY CAUSING AN IMPRINTED PARADOX AROUND! LET'S SEE HOW FAR WE CAN PUSH HIM TILL HE SNAPS LIKE A RUBBER BAND! IS THAT WHAT YOU FUCKING BASTARDS DO FOR FUN?! IS IT?!" Jeffery was in a fit, screaming with rage by now, "DO YOU EVEN LISTEN TO OTHERS? I'LL EVEN QUOTE MYSELF! 'KILLING HER WON'T SOLVE ANYTHING!' I WAS SAYING I SHOULDN'T KILL HER! I WAS REASONING AGAINST MYSELF! I WAS WINNING! AND YOU... YOU HAD TO GO SAY THAT. TO SAY 'IN YOUR EYES SHE HAS THE SAME PROTECTION AS A HUMAN'. WHAT ABOUT ME? WHERE'S MY PROTECTION FROM PEOPLE LIKE YOU! BIGOTS! SCOUNDRELS! I MAYBE A CHRONOMANCER BUT I AM NOT A MONSTER LIKE YOU THINK I AM!"

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Harper stared down the barrels, "Ah. We-ell, I would-like-totakethismomenttostatethatIdidNOTsayyourexplanationoftimewasbullshit Imerelydidnotpossesstheintellectualcapacitytounderstanditand assuch Ifeelmaybeitwould'vebeenbetterforyoutouselaymanstermssopeoplecouldunderstand hmm? IhavealsoneverstatedyouareamonsterIwasmerelyusingthethreatofme maybenotwise toconvinceyoutoavoidkilingherbecausehtatwouldnotreallylookgoodonyourresume wouldit? Irespectyouasaperson-and-as-a Guardian, Jeff and I'm sure the others do too - don't do this and make them do something they don't want to do. Look, I'm sorry for that comment. It wasn't wise and I retract it."

Whilst Harper did this, he carefully and slowly manoeuvered the pistol so it pointed at Jeffery's foot - for all the good that would do...

Daft Sikes

Jun 10, 2010
Hadrian sighed. "Hold on a moment Rena."
He quickly ran over to Harper and pulled at his shoulder to get his attention.
"It's highly recommend that you don't take continue with your current course of action." he whispered into his ear. "I've seen Jeffery angry before, and I don't want to see him like that right now."

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Harper didn't move a muscle: "I...I can see him angry now: so move slowly and don't make him blow my head off, please!"

Following Hadrian's advice, Harper flicked the safety on and tossed his pistol aside.

Vesuvius Hetlan

Sep 3, 2010
Jeffery was shaking so violently it appeared he was having a seizure. The shotgun fell out of his hands. Harper braced for the impact of the shell against his chest. With a clatter the shotgun landed to the ground. Jeffery's reception seemed to get worse. He flickered off and on for a few seconds. "I-I even u-un-load-ed t-t-the gun... I... c-could-dn't e-even kill a fly i-in th-this state." The shaking seemed to subside for the most part and his reception was returned to vaguely normal.

Daft Sikes

Jun 10, 2010
He patted Harper on the shoulder and gently pushed him aside. He placed a hand on Jeffery's shoulder.
"You alright now Jeffery?" His arms appeared to be relaxed, and at his side, but if Jeffery were to lash out at him, Hadrian would be ready to drive his blades forward and rend him into many pieces.

Vesuvius Hetlan

Sep 3, 2010
Jeffery started violently shaking again when Hadrian put his hand on his shoulder. With a shaky voice, Jeffery managed to reply, "No. But I'm better. Just... No, I'm fine."

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Harper took the unspoken advice and backed off from the pair, finding himself next to the Faerie, turneing he looked down at the shocked creature, "Eh, some advice: don't try that water-balloons trick again, none of us are people you'll really want to piss off that much. Least of all that pair."

He stepped over to Jeffery and picked up the shotgun, tossing it into the air and catching it by the barrel and holding it so he could give it to Jeffery when he wanted it back. "Man, I'm sorry about that: I won't do anything like that to you again..."

Daft Sikes

Jun 10, 2010
Hadrian backed up, smirking. "My friend, you haven't seen me angry before, and hopefully, you'll never have to."
He moved back to the little Faerie and showed him Soul.
"Now, can you read the inscription on my katara?" The good humor in his voice was gone, due to the interruption caused by Harper's poorly-worded warning to the ticking time-bomb that was Jeffery.

Vesuvius Hetlan

Sep 3, 2010
Jeffery slowly gripped the handle. He was still shaking minutely but otherwise seemed fine. He quickly donned his gasmask and slid the shotgun into its holster. "S-sorry about that. I've had a bad day."

Kuroneko Aisha

Nov 10, 2011
Rena was overwhelmed by all that was happening. The situation with Jeffery had allowed her at least a little bit of time to think of an answer to Hadrian, but after it was all finished and over, he came back to her and seemed scary like before. Gulping once more, she took a step back and said as a feint. "O-of course I can read it! It's clear as day to me." He hadn't told her to read what was said after all. Trying to throw them all off topic, she asked. "What are you outsiders doing here anyways? I'm not sure if the other elders would like knowing that there's a violent band of non-Fae heading to them. N-not that I think you're violent! Just a little..erm..strange..and possibly a teeny tiny bit dangerous.."

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
"We're not a little strange! And I resent the accusation that we're possibly a teeny tiny bit dangerous! We'd be a little strange if it was just me but, well, Jeffery and Hadrian and Pyotr are here too; I don't know what could be more strange than a crazed man with a gas mask and a shotgun who can manipulate time, a drunken sniper and a werewolf with throwing knives! As for the dangerous part, I would say that I, myself, am more than a teeny tiny bit dangerous, then you get Bastian, Pyotr, Lurker, Jeff and, most importantly: Hadrian. We probably provide a combat prowess equivilent to a battalion strength of men armed with repeating rifles!"
Harper stopped talking and walked over to join Rena and Hadrian, "But all of this doesn't mean that we're necessarily a bad thing for the Faerie lands, depends on how we're recieved."