The Guild Wars 2 Flood Begins.

Berenzen

Jul 9, 2011
woodaba said:
I know, I was just clarifying it to the raging fanboys that seem to be everywhere. I stand by my original statement, with one minor ommission after seeing that TotalBiscuit video.

By the way, your knowledge of the game is nothing less than creepy. Are you one of the devs? If so, good job, keep up the hard work, looking forward to the game.

If not, well, thats just scary. 0_0
No, but I've done a lot of work on the wiki, and I have a very good memory. I was also part of the Test Krewe for GW1, but that's about as close as being on the dev team that I was, and that's pretty far off.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Nexxis said:
The only thing I'm on the fence about is deciding which profession I'm going to start with, lol.
I already know I'm jumping right into an Engineer. Flamethrowers, Turrets and a Shield spell that lets me hold and fire spells back at people? Yes please!

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Keava said:
Can we really stop using the "WoW-clone" term? WoW was nothing more than iteration upon EQ.
I'm not sure what would irritate me more, GW2 getting the predictable and downright retarded "OMG its just a WoW-clone why can't anyone be original" (because evidently you have to completely revolutionize the entire gaming industry every time you make a game) OR if it didn't get any of that because I would so often immediately see "can't wait for GW2, it will completely revolutionize the entire gaming industry" after the aforementioned bitching.

It's lose-lose for me. Edit: Actually, I would consider it a win if the aforementioned people just threw themselves off a cliff.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
LetalisK said:
Keava said:
Can we really stop using the "WoW-clone" term? WoW was nothing more than iteration upon EQ.
I'm not sure what would irritate me more, GW2 getting the predictable and downright retarded "OMG its just a WoW-clone why can't anyone be original" (because evidently you have to completely revolutionize the entire gaming industry every time you make a game) OR if it didn't get any of that because I would so often immediately see "can't wait for GW2, it will completely revolutionize the entire gaming industry" after the aforementioned bitching.

It's lose-lose for me. Edit: Actually, I would consider it a win if the aforementioned people just threw themselves off a cliff.
There's easy solution. Don't bother with what people are saying, since never, neither fanbois nor haters are right. Both groups exaggerate either the games flaws or merits. And as for people constantly moaning about "genre changing", They simply mean that they have no idea what They really want.
Design, of pretty much anything, not just games, is all about iteration and improving previous ideas. If something changes the core ideas too much it instantly becomes unfamiliar which leads to people not wanting to waste time to learn everything from scratch. It's like asking FPS genre to suddenly not be about running and shooting dudes while in first person perspective.

I used to tell people that moan about "clones" to go try EVE Online. They often respond "But it's too hard to get into and so complicated and i have no character avatar to run around with and kill mobs. and can't really play it forever alone (insert more complaints that the game is not like WoW)".

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
woodaba said:
I know, I was just clarifying it to the raging fanboys that seem to be everywhere. I stand by my original statement, with one minor ommission after seeing that TotalBiscuit video.
Can we PLEASE throw this word the fuck out already? It's an ad hominem attack, it's against the TOS, and I'm getting tired of reading it in 9 out 10 topics. I know it's fun to just insult people rather than discuss the topic at hand, but this is some seriously exhausting shit.