The hell is wrong with people?!

keiji_Maeda

May 9, 2012
The racism straight up confounds me. I can see people getting behind defending themselves. But in my experience, everybody cruising for a fight and then jumping somebody who turned their backs are despiccable human beings. Colour doesn't really play a factor, might have to do with the fact that i've seen people of every nationaliy jump each other, and be obonxious.

The punching of him being down? Adrenalin, when you get into a fight and the 'drin gets kickin' it's hard to see when the other guy gets outed. And that is when you stop, putting the hurt on someone in self-defense is hard, and stopping at EXACTLY the right time is harder. Sweet science my hiney. But the people around them? Don't just ask him to stop filming, do something. Stop him, or at least intervene. Hell, that's how you get stabbed if you're careless tho'

Might just be me projecting or jack. When i see crap like this i tend to take a glance at the downed, provided they aren't still violent or doped up, a quick first-aid lookse (concussion, lacerations or breaks beeing easy to see) tends to save someone a it of trouble later.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
I want to clarify by saying that I pretty much agree with the sentiments expressed about teaching him a lesson and him being getting what he deserved. My only caveat being that it's never cool to continue the fight when someone's down, that is completely not cool. I say there should be arrests and prosecutions all around.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I just see an idiot starting a fight with two other idiots, without knowing why this all started it is difficult to say who was 'right' but both sides took things too far. As for the comments, I wonder how many of those people would say the same thing in front of a group of black guys twice their size?

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Wow, look at those outright thuggish and crude moves, the pendulum skull-punch. I think that guy went a little bit rage mode, there. But that's why you don't start fights with people, nonetheless two people twice your weight.

I don't see why you're shocked, honestly. Bystander effect has been firmly established by now, and the anonymity of the internet has people saying all sorts of things. Nobody's entirely justified, here, anyhow, and everyone at the fight scene should be feeling a little guilty/stupid.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Racism aside, I side with the people saying "he got what was coming to him", unless there's more to this than the video shows. Going by the evidence at hand, he fucked up and got put down for it. Good. I hate these "gangsta" type people.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Sunrider84 said:
Racism aside, I side with the people saying "he got what was coming to him", unless there's more to this than the video shows. Going by the evidence at hand, he fucked up and got put down for it. Good. I hate these "gangsta" type people.
Apparently someone said part of the video was cut. The cut video apparently showed the black man attempting to leave and the two white guys preventing him from doing so, causing him to start his outburst. But with the internet you can never be sure.

Ryan Hughes

Jul 10, 2012
If I were there, I would have tried to break up the fight before it started. However, keep in mind it takes a certain amount of courage to break up a fight in-progress, as you are at great risk of being hurt yourself. The people filming this nonsense are likely not the best types, but many of the other bystanders have their own concerns and left this to the police. Sometimes it is best to not act rashly, particularly if you do not have all the information.

As far as the racist comments from that conservative group: Well, what do you really expect? the internet is the last place where hate-filled people like that can congregate in the open. Their entire wold-view and way of life is on the brink of collapse, so they will jump at any opportunity to use a situation to justify their pathetic ideology.

In regards to the fight itself: Again, it is as expected. People with weak, undisciplined, slovenly minds will have weak, undisciplined, slovenly fighting styles. Someone stupid enough to get into a clearly avoidable fight at a gas station parking lot is bound to make a stupid fight. I just wish Professor Cerio was still around to straighten these people out. . .

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
There's really not much I can add that hasn't already been said. People are can be scum. The part that gets me is, instead of just walking away, the by bystanders decided to film this and put it on the internet. I suppose that's just the age we live in now. As sad as that is.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
I believe this answers a few of the questions at hand.

It's a given, the human race LOVES violence...watching it, not necessarily getting involved. It has been proven time and time again, not just in this generation, but throughout history.

The problem here is that it's more accessible now.

EDIT:

Also, I'd like to add as a US citizen, that comments like those aren't just exclusive to our country. I think every country has its fair share of ignorant pigs.

Frission

Until I get thrown out.
May 16, 2011
Well looking at the comments underneath was just plain depressing. The pure callousness presented on this situation is a bit sickening as well.

People can be terrible.
The real life racists I deal with never have the balls to stand up for themselves and to confront or deal with what is pissing them off and they instead decide to go low and just insult and demean a group of people to make themselves feel better. So I guess the you tube commenters are just weak people.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Elfgore said:
Sunrider84 said:
Apparently someone said part of the video was cut. The cut video apparently showed the black man attempting to leave and the two white guys preventing him from doing so, causing him to start his outburst. But with the internet you can never be sure.
Well, it started midway into the confrontation, so it wouldn't surprise me if there is more to this story than what was shown in the video. Given the source, it wouldn't surprise me if they edited something that would look unfavorable for the white guy. Of course, we can't know for sure that that happened, but it's still not that hard to twist a story, and a video on a biased site should be considered suspect of that from the start.

Edit: Also it is possible it took until that point in the confrontation for the guy to pull out his phone and start filming, but it still left out details about how the confrontation started exactly.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Well, why were we cheering when Zangief Kid nearly hospitalized another kid with a piledriver?

Same reasons.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Elfgore said:
Sunrider84 said:
If that's true, then it changes things. When I see proof of that, I will most likely change my opinion on the matter.

Frission

Until I get thrown out.
May 16, 2011
lacktheknack said:
Well, why were we cheering when Zangief Kid nearly hospitalized another kid with a piledriver?

Same reasons.
Ugh. It guess it goes to show that people who were victimized make the most vicious bullies.
I guess the difference here is that those guys don't let him go afterwards. The kid did walk away after.

Anyway, I suppose just complaining about it isn'y useful, so I reported this and sent a complaint to youtube, because that's what the button is for. Say that I'm oversensitive or not, at least something was done.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I think the main reason that people feel more comfortable making comments like this because of the relative anonymity of the internet, it is very easy to be more brash and obnoxious when no-one can see your face or know where you live. If no one is there to directly challenge your views it is easier to make unsavoury comments like the ones you have highlighted. That's how I see it anyway.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Can't really say how that played out bothers me.

Sure, the last few seconds of punches were unnecessary, but everything prior to that was quite deserved and I'm not going to hold it against anyone for being a little too thorough.

As for those watching, so what? You saw the guy provoking a conflict, you saw him get taken down for it. That mouthy asshole could have had his head stuck under that car while it was backing out and I wouldn't have felt the need to help him.

Frission

Until I get thrown out.
May 16, 2011
Jadak said:
Can't really say how that played out bothers me.

Sure, the last few seconds of punches were unnecessary, but everything prior to that was quite deserved and I'm not going to hold it against anyone for being a little too thorough.

As for those watching, so what? You saw the guy provoking a conflict, you saw him get taken down for it. That mouthy asshole could have had his head stuck under that car while it was backing out and I wouldn't have felt the need to help him.
Sure, that's your opinion, and like all opinions it doesn't mean that I won't call it out for being sociopathic.

This video and it's commenters just gives me the image of someone watching this, stroking themselves while sweatily muttering how much they hate other people. It's hateful and it's just plain pathetic.

Artina89 said:
I think the main reason that people feel more comfortable making comments like this because of the relative anonymity of the internet, it is very easy to be more brash and obnoxious when no-one can see your face or know where you live. If no one is there to directly challenge your views it is easier to make unsavoury comments like the ones you have highlighted. That's how I see it anyway.
Agreed. This whole event just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

It's just a few people who are engaging in revenge fantasies.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
You can't really make a judgement on a video that's completely out of context. We don't know what led to this situation.

That said, if someone assaults you, you have the right to defend yourself. It appeared like the other two men were trying to leave, and that one ass hole just couldn't leave well enough alone. Blatant racism aside, I find myself agreeing with the commentators. I would also disagree somewhat with the OP, in that people did seem to care and get involved. The only people watching was the cameraman and the one guys friend, both of whom seemed to know the people involved.

If the other two men were the instigators, which, based on body language, didn't APPEAR to be the case, then the other guy would be in the right. Overall a stupid situation.

Sep 13, 2009
Honestly, I don't think anyone in that situation looks good after this video. The guy who started the fight, the guy who was wailing on him after he had him pinned, the guy who was cheering on his friend shouting "Oh! He's in trouble now!", or the asshole who was videotaping the whole thing. Seeing how the black guy was left dazed lying on the floor afterwards is just sickening.

I cannot get behind anyone saying that this is a completely reasonable and justified reaction. No, the white guys didn't start the fight and had every right to defend themselves. BUT that does not extend to trying to beat the shit out of the guy unnecessarily. Or fucking cheering someone on for beating the shit out of someone. Even if someone does attack you and you need to defend yourself doesn't suddenly justify turning it into a game or an excuse for you to wail on someone to your heart's content.

You know how this should have gone? The guy there had a friend. If his friend helped him out there would have been almost no difficulty restraining him in a way besides punching him until you're content that he won't be able to get up again

Inazuma1

Professional Asshole
Legacy
Nov 18, 2009
Hell
New Yorkers are so far up their own asses about being from New York that they think it makes them better then everyone else. And "SuckMyDick" guy sounded like another typical New Yorker going around posturing and thinking he's untouchable. And he got the shit kicked out of him for it. So I actually found it entertaining to see the guy get his. The other guy shouldn't have kept piling on punches after he overpowered New Yorker, but I can't really blame him. New Yorker throws the first punch after antagonizing you for a solid 35 seconds that we see on the video and you wouldn't start throwing down like there was no tomorrow? Please. The adrenaline would throw you into a whole other gear where all rationality goes out the window. Hell I probably would've kicked him one last time before leaving so Arizona showed more restraint than I would've in the same situation.