The hell? Thats not a 360!

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
Have you ever watched a movie where they were playing a video game. They say it?s an advanced consol and its not. I remember on a few occasions some one using a dream cast and was calling it an Xbox, doesn?t that make you mad? And would you guys have any examples of this, or new movies with video games but all of the consoles are ancient.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
I just hate when directors say "take this controller, mash buttons, then yell. They will think you are playing video games just like the average youth!"

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
I just hate when directors say "take this controller, mash buttons, then yell. They will think you are playing video games just like the average youth!"
that or when they say they are going to play a fighting game and you here little NES beeps and boops

ad3m1

Sep 9, 2008
archwiccan said:
Have you ever watched a movie where they were playing a video game. They say it?s an advanced consol and its not. I remember on a few occasions some one using a dream cast and was calling it an Xbox, doesn?t that make you mad? And would you guys have any examples of this, or new movies with video games but all of the consoles are ancient.
So true. Its almost an insult- but I suppose the general public doesn't notice or care. Its bad directing IMO.

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
ad3m1 said:
archwiccan said:
So true. Its almost an insult- but I suppose the general public doesn't notice or care. Its bad directing IMO.
be we gamers catch that sort of thing right away, and maybe you might not all get agrevated by it but i surely do, they can get amazing cars, amazing actors and all of that in the movie, but they only settle on a dream cast, how nice

Nov 28, 2007
Forget the movie, but there was some movie where two little kids sat down to play an XBox...while holding a PS2 controller...that had clicking buttons. I wept. One of the rarely noticed things the movie "Disturbia" did right, by the way. And possibly the beginning of Live Free or Die Hard, but I could be wrong there.

linchowlewy

Nov 27, 2008
In scrubs the episode where Turk is playing a video game. they talk like it's halo but when they show it it looks like Far Cry.

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
I remember an article on this a few months back.
oh yeah theres that too, i forgot about adding that but i do remember a few movies who did that, said it was one game and ended up being another

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Reasons why the show, "Weeds" is awesome: +1.
Of course, that show does a lot of things right.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
thebobmaster said:
Forget the movie, but there was some movie where two little kids sat down to play an XBox...while holding a PS2 controller...that had clicking buttons. I wept. One of the rarely noticed things the movie "Disturbia" did right, by the way. And possibly the beginning of Live Free or Die Hard, but I could be wrong there.
In Live Free or Die Hard there was a 360 and he was playing the original Gears of War

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
I remember watching scrubs and noticing that it was playing a loop of a single player campaign repeatedly every time someone played multiplayer. It's annoying, I mean how hard is it to game, all you have to do is spend ten minutes playing the tutorial, then you'd be able to actually play the game. It's just weird to see people button mashing or just randomly hitting buttons.

The Giggling Pin

Jan 7, 2009
This isn't quite the same thing but it did frustrate me when i saw it. I believe it was the first series of heroes i was watching and the kid with the ability to repair/modify electronics just with the power of his mind and touch was playing on a Playstation 3. This was not a problem apart from the fact that the episode was set before the Playstations release. Okay, its not a major thing but, well, you know, people should just get these things right.

Incompl te

Dec 13, 2008
This is why I love the series 30 Rock. One of the main characters is always playing Halo 3 multi player with his 'thug' homie crew guys (hes a stereotypical gangster kind of guy). I love it because one: They are actually playing the game not random mashing, 2) they use proper terms such as "Damn you stuck me" etc. and 3: they actually play well.

Raven28256

Sep 18, 2008
I find myself more annoyed about the "bleeps and bloops" myself. SOOOOO many TV shows, commercials, and movies have characters playing video games and the sound effects are the bleeps and bloops you would expect from a 2600. Seriously, where have these people been?! Do they not realize we are WAY beyond the "bleep and bloop" era of sound effects and quality?!

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
I love it when adverts feature a bunch of hot chicks playing a xbox that isn't plugged in. Or they're enjoying a rousing game of the 360 dashboard.

Raven28256

Sep 18, 2008
Decoy Doctorpus said:
Or they're enjoying a rousing game of the 360 dashboard.
...Don't insult the Dashboard...I fucking LOVE that game.

But, in a similar situation, ever seen some of those commercials were it shows someone working on a computer that has its screensaver on? They were pretty common a few years back, when tech knowledge was even worse among the average person as it is now...Which is scary, upon reflection, since over half the people I come across know jack crap about computers.

Though, until you have a friend who was cussed out because his store wouldn't give a refund to a guy who cut a video card in half because it wouldn't fit into his computer...THEN we can talk real techno-idiocy. But alas, now I'm rambling off topic.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Raven28256 said:
Decoy Doctorpus said:
Or they're enjoying a rousing game of the 360 dashboard.
...Don't insult the Dashboard...I fucking LOVE that game.

But, in a similar situation, ever seen some of those commercials were it shows someone working on a computer that has its screensaver on? They were pretty common a few years back, when tech knowledge was even worse among the average person as it is now...Which is scary, upon reflection, since over half the people I come across know jack crap about computers.

Though, until you have a friend who was cussed out because his store wouldn't give a refund to a guy who cut a video card in half because it wouldn't fit into his computer...THEN we can talk real techno-idiocy. But alas, now I'm rambling off topic.
What in god's name did he cut the card in half with?