The Human Centipede Receives Video Game Tribute/Parody

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
I thought this was some crummy old B movie, since the premise seems fit to match one. I am actually genuinely surprised to hear that this is a new release.

Also, what the hell kind of movie is this supposed to be? From the sound of things, the guy just makes a human centipede. That's it. He doesn't actually do anything with it. The movie doesn't bring up any interesting ideas or have a point to prove. You just watch a human centipede. Why?

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
Internet Kraken said:
I thought this was some crummy old B movie, since the premise seems fit to match one. I am actually genuinely surprised to hear that this is a new release.

Also, what the hell kind of movie is this supposed to be? From the sound of things, the guy just makes a human centipede. That's it. He doesn't actually do anything with it. The movie doesn't bring up any interesting ideas or have a point to prove. You just watch a human centipede. Why?
He's probably just mad.

That's the only explanation for doing something that fucking impractical. Geez, if he really cared about his cause, he'd kill off the chicks, sell their organs, raise money and get a ton more people for experiments.

Of course, the experiments in question are pathetic at best as imagination and common sense goes... But then again, there's the "insane" defense.

It's a hilarious movie if you consider how bloody retarded plot is. And apparently the people who made it, who are like a couple, are going to make sequels with more and more people involved.

Elesar

Apr 16, 2009
Okay, I'm all for parody and mocking and watching gross things for the endurance tests BUT:
Can we stop talking about this movie? Much less watching it? As a culture. I really don't want to reward this kind of behavior and whenever something like this parody happens, we end up extending it's existence a little longer.

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
Elesar said:
Okay, I'm all for parody and mocking and watching gross things for the endurance tests BUT:
Can we stop talking about this movie? Much less watching it? As a culture. I really don't want to reward this kind of behavior and whenever something like this parody happens, we end up extending it's existence a little longer.
Wah, wah, I can't handle a work of fiction that so shatters my delicate morality!

How about no?

Seriously. This is the internet. There are plenty of worse things out there. You don't like them, you don't look at it. Don't expect everyone to censor themselves into some kind of sterile little heaven for you.

This movie didn't exactly have big publicity anywhere, internet or not. It's some shit indy movie, and we all know how far most of those go. Not very.

In fact, if something pisses people off then perhaps there are good enough reasons to remind them of it.

Elesar

Apr 16, 2009
Billion Backs said:
Wah, wah, I can't handle a work of fiction that so shatters my delicate morality!

How about no?

Seriously. This is the internet. There are plenty of worse things out there. You don't like them, you don't look at it. Don't expect everyone to censor themselves into some kind of sterile little heaven for you.

This movie didn't exactly have big publicity anywhere, internet or not. It's some shit indy movie, and we all know how far most of those go. Not very.

In fact, if something pisses people off then perhaps there are good enough reasons to remind them of it.
I'm trying to come up with a quick response, but I can't come up with one that doesn't include the words "Frak you", so you're getting the long one:

I have absolutely no problem with "Controversial" content, and your insinuation that my problem with this film comes from that is quite frankly insulting, and your phrasing of said insult extremely childish. My problem is not because it is disgusting, which it is. My problem is simply because it has no real plot, no point, no depth, no reasons for it's content. I understand not every film has to be an intellectual treatise, but when The Devil's Rejects has more depth and intellect, you need to back out and think about what you're doing.

I'm not asking for him to be censored, or not allowed to make movies any more, or for his head on a pike. I'm pointing out that an idiotic indie movie is currently getting both an insane amount of publicity and a sequel based on the fact that it's disgusting, and I made a quiet respectful request that we not reward this behavior. A much better indie film (Moon, 2009), didn't have a quarter this publicity, so how about we stop watching the neighborhood idiot for running around making noises and maybe he'll stop. That's all I'm asking. If the suggestion that perhaps we stop rewarding terrible movies offends you, well then...perhaps you should view your own comments.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Billion Backs said:
Internet Kraken said:

He's probably just mad.

That's the only explanation for doing something that fucking impractical. Geez, if he really cared about his cause, he'd kill off the chicks, sell their organs, raise money and get a ton more people for experiments.

Of course, the experiments in question are pathetic at best as imagination and common sense goes... But then again, there's the "insane" defense.

It's a hilarious movie if you consider how bloody retarded plot is. And apparently the people who made it, who are like a couple, are going to make sequels with more and more people involved.
So what? We're going to end up with "Human Centipede 2: This time, with 10 humans"? I'm guessing this movies entire selling point is the shock value. But of course that only gets you so far, especially if they don't actually do something with the beast.

I wonder how you propose this script to an actor without making yourself look like an ass.

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
Internet Kraken said:
Billion Backs said:
Internet Kraken said:

He's probably just mad.

So what? We're going to end up with "Human Centipede 2: This time, with 10 humans"? I'm guessing this movies entire selling point is the shock value. But of course that only gets you so far, especially if they don't actually do something with the beast.

I wonder how you propose this script to an actor without making yourself look like an ass.
I don't know either, but that's bound to be fun.

Crap, now I really want to get my photoshop running and put in various famous celebrities into centipedes.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
ritchards said:
Yeah, it was fucked up, but.. it was also rather 'meh'. The movie is in two parts: leading up to the creature, and then having the creature. But... it doesn't do anything with it! It's like "look, a human centipede! yeah... there it is... yep... a human centipede... yeah..." and then the movie ends. Huh. Aisde from having "a human centipede!" there really isn't much point to it.
I'm thinking that's because a human centipede isn't that damn useful now is it? I mean what the hell are you going to do with three conjoined human bodies? They're a bit fragile if you ask me, not to mention unpractical.

I'm watching the thing right now and if this isn't the dumbest horror movie I have ever seen I'm a hobbit.

Yes, there are stupid plots out there and there's definitely worse acting to be found, but this antagonist has absolutely no drive for what he's doing. In all the horror movies I've watched the killers/kidnappers/sadists always had some kind of thing happen to them years before they became twisted like that. What happened to this guy? Did the centipede from Alice in Wonderland visit him in his dreams telling him he wants to be real? Maybe it's in the final 20 minutes of the movie which I haven't gotten to yet, but even if it is, it's still a bad example of storytelling.

Also I was actually pretty glad the American girls made up the back piece of this monstrosity. At least that made them shut the hell up.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
AngryMongoose said:
For the love of god, will this thing please just go away? I want this bloody thing to disappear and stop being reminded of it, because every time I tink about it I start to feel sick and angry. It's horrible, and if it doesn't go away it's going to start haunting my dreams.
This. Just...this. So very much.

Ian S

Aug 31, 2009
Well, I for one had the courage to see it over the weekend. It's definitely one of the most disturbing things I've seen in cinema, and I feel I should get a medal or something for having sat through it. I'm surprised at the diversity of reactions this film has gotten: from absolute love of it, to those who saw it either as a black comedy or boring (neither of which I can understand) to of course sheer disgust. I found it to be fairly gripping and perverse in the most disturbing way possible. Did Tom Six have a point when he made it? I don't know. If there was a moral to the story, I guess it could be "Sometimes just because you can, doesn't mean you should, " which I guess could also be said for the making of this movie in the first place. But again, maybe that was the point?

Still, one man's trash is another man's treasure, so I'm not about to slam a movie just because I didn't like it personally. That having been said, I have nothing but respect and admiration for all the actors involved. Not only because I thought it took real guts for them to do it, but also because the film would not have had the impact on me that it did had I not been able to buy into the whole thing.

Firehopper

Oct 29, 2009
Just watched the trailer and that was....regrettable. Probably won't see it just because it just seems...well normal for its genre these days.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I think I have to see this movie. Question for those who have seen it: Was it worse than Tokyo Gore Police in terms of making me want to vomit?

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
GrinningManiac said:
OH GOD

MY VOMIT

IT JUST KEEPS COMING!

HOW DO I STOP THE PAIN INSIDE!?
Cyanide and happiness works well.

Not the comic btw, I literally mean take some cyanide and be happy :D
*Edit
Don't recommend looking at my avatar, that may further the pain.

Baron Khaine

Jun 24, 2009
dududf said:
GrinningManiac said:
OH GOD

MY VOMIT

IT JUST KEEPS COMING!

HOW DO I STOP THE PAIN INSIDE!?
Cyanide and happiness works well.

Not the comic btw, I literally mean take some cyanide and be happy :D
*Edit
Don't recommend looking at my avatar, that may further the pain.
It's been bugging me since i've seen it, is that one of the Osmonds?

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Balls that is fucked up.

It's pretty much a snuff film.

What kind of a sick pervert makes a movie like that, seriously?

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Ok, on topic, I find the idea of this game hilarious and a cookie to the modder. Would be kinda awesome if every now and then the doctor yells "FEED HER!" (See the movie and get the referance)

Off-topic, the movie is quite boring. Having seen it in a theatre I was VERY disappointed. The majority of the horror is in the trailer. You don't give a damn about any of the characters, so when all this stuff is happening to them you don't really care to much. When they finally decide to give one of the victims some backstory, it's already to late, you don't give a damn. The last 1/3 of the movie suffers from "Because the Script Says So" syndrome where what is going on makes very little sense, even for a horror flick.

The concept is disturbing, but the execution sucked. They say it is 100% medically acurate, and well they lied, it is far from, at least they way it was shown in the movie. That is of course according to the 3 people in my family who happen to be in the medical field.

TraderJimmy

Apr 17, 2010
Bleh, it doesn't have any of the campy charm of the horror films of the '80s, and I agree with everyone complaining about the Mad Scientist's lack of motive.

Also, this was actually how they came up with the idea:

Idiot1: Durrhurhoi, dose derr child molesters, durrrr, dey needs to be sewed up sos dey gots to eat da poop
Idiot2: DURRRHURRHURRRRRRR dey sure does. You should take dat idea and remove da only fing wot makes it asseptable, and make a movie out of it!
Idiot1: GLEEEEEEEE. If I stitch THREE people togevva, dere'll be even MORE poorly processed poop in da movie.

Passing wit: THERE SURE WILL!

I paraphrase.

It's a shame to see Dead Snow linked into this. That was a pretty fun, entertaining movie, with some genuinely amusing send-ups of horror movie tropes and a massively awesome moment involving a snowmobile. I can't believe anyone involved in making and distributing that film would move on to help this pile of crap.