The Humble Bundle Hits the Road

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The Humble Bundle Hits the Road

A new Humble Bundle is here and this time your Android gets to play too.

Do I even need to explain it at this point? New Humble Bundle. Pay what you want. Support charity! Awesome indie games, no DRM. But there is a bit of a twist this time around, because this bundle is all about the Android.

Here's what you get: Anomaly: Warzone Earth, a sort of "reverse tower defense" game that's a lot of fun; Osmos, deceptively simple and also much fun; and Edge, which scores bonus points as the game that brought Tim Langdell [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111904-Tim-Langdell-Faces-Contempt-of-Court-Proceedings] to ruin. You should be giving these guys your money just for that! And as if that's not enough, anyone who pays more than the average price [currently standing at $5.33] will also get the stupidly good World of Goo.

And that's not all! This is an Android bundle, but it also includes the PC, Mac and Linux version of the games, and the soundtracks too! As an old friend of mine used to say, that there is a powerful good deal.

As a seasoned industry professional, you can trust me when I say that most Android games are crap. These, however, are not. Any one of them is worth the price of admission, since the price of admission is whatever you feel like throwing down, but all four of them, plus the desktop versions, plus the soundtracks? My God, man! It's madness!

HumbleBundle.com [http://www.humblebundle.com/], people. You know what to do.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Already done and done. I love these bundles and even if I don't end up playing the games for ages I can rest assured that dollars that I spent went to a good cause

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
And i was just thinking yesterday that i haven't heard from the Humble Indie Bundle crew in about a month. Good to know they're still being awesome!

Apr 28, 2008
You know, I was scared there for a second. I thought the title meant the humble bundle would no longer be happening.

Very glad to see my suspicions were wrong.

Also, bought.

TornadoFive

Mar 9, 2011
I can never resist the Humble Bundles, and having just got an Android phone for Christmas, I really have no excuse not to do this. *sighs* I only hope they never use their powers of mind control for evil.

Feb 13, 2008
Beginning to hate the Bundles now.

I've too many games. Seriously. Too many. I've still got Oblivion, Witcher, Witcher 2, Bioshock and others to do - and that's this year gone.

And I've already got presents for everyone I know who deserves them.

So what DO you do when there's an offer as good as this comes along?

Stupid sexy bundle.

shado_temple

Oct 20, 2010
I was actually thinking about how little I have on my Android in terms of gaming a few days back. Guess this'll give me an excuse to change that.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Of course this comes when I have no money. Well I'll buy it on the weekend once I get some money.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Well there goes all my art commission money...

And I got the games for someone else.

My karma is now zen after buying a new mouse mat right? ._.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
I can't speak to the other indie games, but the bundle is worth it for World of Goo alone. That game does not disappoint.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
MrCalypso said:
Sigh....I have no Android phone sadly...
Just FYI, it works on the Kindle Fire and other tablets. I wasn't going to get the bundle until I realized that I did in fact have something that would run the games.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I have a Kindle Fire (my big Christmas present this year), which is my only "platform" of this type. I know it does some Android Apps, so when I have time I'll have to take a look and see if it's on "fire" and if they are still doing it when I next get some money.

Honestly though I'd much rather see a good roguelike or two for it, I tried some of the RPGs that seemed like they would be decent attempts at the genere, but I found them lacking compared to my favorites on the PC.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
5 bucks for World of Goo?! Now that's a steal. Those other games are like the little plastic toys in the cereal box that is World of Goo.

Chadling

Oct 8, 2008
But I.... Skyrim.... EVE... the other three HiBs......

I can't resist! Stop talking and just take my money!