The Humble Indie Bundle is Back

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
is doraligus ever coming back or is it over. I might purchase it depending on the games that are there. i need to check on youtube to see if they are any good or if i will have time to play them.

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
You can say what you want about the low prices some people choose to give, but for myself, I have never heard of these games and have virtually no interest in them save for the price factor, so would it be better I give nothing at all to a charity or developers, or at least give them something?

I got the first bundle, and played 2 of the games maybe twice, and gave them $2. For the amount of time I spent with their product, they got a fair shake.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
mariofan1000 said:
Now I feel bad for donating a single Dollar.

I wish I could give more, but alas, I have jackshit.
Well look on the bright side.

The elitists around here only hate you marginally, compared to a pirate :p.

I'll probably go a dollar over the average, cause I'm balling.

As I said elsewhere, I'd rather 2 dollars from 1000 people than 20 dollars from 10.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I haven't even started playing the games from the previous one! Wait... no, Braid was one of them, and I played it. I can't even remember the games I'm not playing.

At any rate I planned to buy a lot of stuff this week anyway because the dollar is so low and the economic crisis means by next week the US will become a blasted wasteland with very poor mail service, so I'm trying to get as much swag out of there as is financially viable.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
RejjeN said:
My own assumption is that Mac and Linux users haven't actually paid more than windows users, it's simply that those are the ones who have gotten the big donations. I could be wrong, but that seems most likely to me.
Even more likely is that the average Linux user is a well-educated IT professional with a well paying job, whereas the average Windows user is the rest of us.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I think I bumped up the Windows average a little bit, plus I send some more love to Child's Play.

EDIT:Too many users. It seems that going about 100x average isn't enough for a bump.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
vxicepickxv said:
I think I bumped up the Windows average a little bit, plus I send some more love to Child's Play.

EDIT:Too many users. It seems that going about 100x average isn't enough for a bump.
You'd probably have to put in Notch amount of money to make any difference to the average at this point.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Alphakirby said:
Well I gave them the 90 cents I had left,wish I could've left more,but I'm broke.
Not to be rude, but I think that anything under $1, and they lose money, because they have to pay for the bandwidth, and the charges to process each purchase. Still, it's the thought that counts!

Not being rude or mean or anything, I'm just saying. You gave what you could, and that's what counts. Enjoy the games!

Apr 3, 2010
As a Linux User who always donates well above the Linux average, the reason why is merely respect.

They are willing to go out of their way to support us as a userbase, I am willing to support them as developers. Linux users always rally behind this sort of thing, it's just one of those things we do.

It's not even that I don't have other games to buy, I tend to run ANY windows game well using WINE, I use Steam with WINE and play several dozen different Windows-only games with it.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
qwerty19411 said:
kyosai7 said:
Alphakirby said:
Well I gave them the 90 cents I had left,wish I could've left more,but I'm broke.
Not to be rude, but I think that anything under $1, and they lose money, because they have to pay for the bandwidth, and the charges to process each purchase. Still, it's the thought that counts!

Not being rude or mean or anything, I'm just saying. You gave what you could, and that's what counts. Enjoy the games!
If they get the game keys, then download through Steam I think they don't need to pay for bandwidth costs.
Really? That's good, it's what I did.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
kyosai7 said:
qwerty19411 said:
kyosai7 said:
Alphakirby said:

If they get the game keys, then download through Steam I think they don't need to pay for bandwidth costs.
Really? That's good, it's what I did.
As did I because I pretty much use Steam to streamline my gaming so I don't have 35 different platforms to play 10 games on,sadly Starcraft 2 is not Steam supported and it takes up too much space.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
qwerty19411 said:
kyosai7 said:
Alphakirby said:

There is another thing that using Steam helps with, running one of the games.

I didn't see the Steam code thing at first, so I downloaded the game straight from the page. After I installed them, only VVVVV and Hammer Fight worked. Crayon Physics just popped up a white screen and the music from the game. Cogs runs at a snails pace, taking about ever mouse click about 7 to 10 seconds to complete(this is with it set on the lost setting), and the music skips three times, goes smooth for a second or two, and repeats. And Yet I Moves, doesn't even move at all, I started it up, a window pops up and then it crashes and closes.

Now, when I used the Steam code, Crayon Physics works fine, but Cogs, And Yet It Moves still act as I explained.

I just don't understand it, my computer is only a couple years old and from what I saw from the video, those two games really aren't that amazing in the department of graphics, or processing for that matter.

The only thing that could possibly be the problem is that my computer didn't come with amazing graphics capability, but everything else is what I would consider tip top. Maybe my computer has something against those two games, because there is no reason why it shouldn't be able to run them without problems.

So I guess I would give a warning to people that haven't purchased yet, if your computer is middle of the line or lower, it will probably only play two maybe three of the games if you are lucky.

Though I guess it could just be looked as donating without a need to get anything out of it.

Jelly ^.^

Mar 11, 2010
I paid $20 on the default distribution, and used the torrents they provided to save them bandwidth. Can't wait to finally play VVVVVV! :D