The Hurt Foot Locker

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
DVS BSTrD said:
It's the only time we'll ever be looking at your feet ladies.
Before our eyes glaze over and our thoughts turn to reflection, contemplation, and finally suicide. Apparently.

I don't think Erin would have the patience to check all the shops in this fashion.

Deimir

Jul 3, 2008
I don't mind going shoe shopping with the ladies, so long as the place has something cute in my size too.

Zeetchmen

Aug 17, 2009
Not to be one to point out hypocrisy, but can you imagine the outrage over this comic if the genders were reversed?

With say a woman hanging herself in a sporting good store. Its 'funny' when a man kills himself, but I doubt the socail justice warriors here would be laughing the other way around.

Dec 14, 2009
Shoe shopping with women has got to be the single most torturing experience ever devised.

I'd rather have by finger nails ripped out by a rather miffed badger than go shoe shopping.

I'd rather drill into every bone in my body, and replace the marrow with molten nightmares that go shoe shopping.

If you take me shoe shopping I will kill myself. And when my tainted spirit finds its destination, I will topple the master of that dark place. From my black throne, I will lash together a machine of bone and blood, and fuelled by my hatred for you this fear engine will bore a hole between this world and that one. When it begins you will hear the sound of children screaming--as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above your bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, you will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before you are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin. I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
So...Men are good for something? *rimshot*

Ronack said:
You've missed the opportunity for a "WHAT'S IN THE BOX? WHAT'S IN THE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX?" joke :p
Maybe there wasn't enough Curiosity.

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
Mr.K. said:
Dear god if only we had shoe shops around here that had a good length of rope available.
Shoelaces my friend. Tie them together for a quick and blissful escape.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
It's kinda opposite for me and my wife. I'm always trying to get her a good pair of real boots, not those paper thin, cardboard lined, no sole fashion types.

"Honey, look at these! They have a two inch thick sole with ankle support. I bet you could jump on 50 rocks with these."
"No thanks, I don't like jumping."

"But what about these, they have extra arch support. I bet you could curb stomp your enemies well with that!"
"Shut up, I don't like shopping with you."

"Ok ok, but this one is COMPLETELY water proof. It is so sturdy you could kick a shark in the face and keep your leg in tact. Also, it would be dry."
"Oh my god, I'm never going shopping with you again."

"But you'd be able to jump in rain puddles without getting wet."
"Shut up and take my money!"

The shoe is on the other foot now, eh?

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Zeetchmen said:
Not to be one to point out hypocrisy, but can you imagine the outrage over this comic if the genders were reversed?

With say a woman hanging herself in a sporting good store. Its 'funny' when a man kills himself, but I doubt the socail justice warriors here would be laughing the other way around.
No! It's not even funny when a man kills himself. In fact, it's never funny when someone kills themselves. The fact that something like that could even be deemed as being funny shows a pervasive sickness in society.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
Zeetchmen said:

Two things.

One: Better to save the hypocrisy card for if the genders actually are reversed and people rage over it. That makes you seem like you have perspective, whereas to point it out in this case makes you seem a bitter and confrontational buzzkill.

Two: One could point out that the basis for this joke is completely sexist against women. After all, it's working off the stereotype that women are ravenous shoe-shoppers. While a good number certainly are, there are quite a few who aren't and would find this comic annoying at the least.

Also, "Socail Justice Warriors" is my Rage Against the Machine cover band (try proofreading next time).

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
Ronack said:
You've missed the opportunity for a "WHAT'S IN THE BOX? WHAT'S IN THE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX?" joke :p
Maybe there wasn't enough Curiosity.
Or the joke was too Black & White.

OT: I remarked a few days ago about how my (male) best friend had a rather amusingly large number of pairs of shoes (something like 5, which I know isn't an inordinate amount, but I've only got one pair and a pair of boots).

I don't know if I could imagine that being worse than working fast food, though. EDIT: Or customer service/call centers, for that matter.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Tags:

"Can You Withstand All These Shoes"

"FUCKING SHOES"

You have no idea how much sympathy I am filled with.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
I made a very simple deal with my last gf.
If I go shoe shopping with her, she has to go guitar shopping with me.
Thus both of us were happy.
HUrray.

Also:
Lighten up, it's a joke damn it. Hyperbole is one of the most prevalent forms of humour.