The Hurt Foot Locker

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
Some malls here in Brazil took account in how much men hate that.

In christimas time they reserved some spaces for the husbands, boyfriends and sons spend their time while their wives went shopping. There they had, cards, sports channels, table football, female massagists (that made the women shop faster) and videogames.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
The trick is to train them early. I'll drop them off, I'll pick them up, I'll even give them an extra bit of money as a "gift" to spend on what they want - but that's the limit I will engage a female when it comes to shopping for stuff.

I don't expect her to tag along to things that I want to do that she doesn't want to do and thus I will not be tagged along to things that she wants to do that I don't want to do.

I learned my lesson a long time ago to not even engage in that crazy ritual.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Weird thing about me: While my mother was an absolute shoe freak (owned well over a hundred pairs of shoes), I gave about zero shits about shoe shopping. (probably one of the many reasons why she's disappointed in me)

I just kept it simple. Go to Sketchers, find the black sneakers I like in my size, buy them, and go on in life.

Then again, maybe it's that simple for me because I rarely go shoe shopping (it's been a few years, to be honest).

Sorry fellas, this lady's taken!

Tactical Pause

Jan 6, 2010
Farther than stars said:
No! It's not even funny when a man kills himself. In fact, it's never funny when someone kills themselves. The fact that something like that could even be deemed as being funny shows a pervasive sickness in society.
So I'm not entirely sure if you are being sarcastic, but if you are, I apologize in advance. If not, then I strongly disagree with you. Anything can be used in comedy, so long as it is not designed to injure any one group of people (even then, it's technically 'ok', but is just wrong).

Obviously, this strip was not intent on mocking suicide victim's friends/families or what have you; it merely used a rather common exaggeration for comedic effect. You have every right to be offended by it, I suppose, but just because people like to joke about death does not display a 'sickness in society'.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Yeesh...a little morbid there, don't you think, Grey? I mean I still got a chuckle out of it - and would agree that shopping with one's girlfriend CAN be that depressing - but still... :p

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
I used to manage a shoe store.

I don't get women. Why bring men and ask for their opinion? They never cared. They looked so bored and annoyed. I felt so bad for them. I don't care for shoes myself, even though I'm a woman. I understood their pain.

Girls, don't bring your boyfriends/husbands/brothers/whatever shopping. Give them some alone time. Don't try and guilt them into paying, either. I hated seeing that. You want something, buy it your damn self with your own money. Women who joked that they had to hide the purchase from their husbands... I wanted to say "If you can't afford them, don't buy them. If you have to hide a purchase as simple as shoes from your partner, your relationship has some serious issues."

Uh. Yeah. Don't bring the men shopping.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
My lady understands to leave me at home wherever possible when engaging in these pursuits; when I do end up dragged along for whatever reason her patience only lasts slightly longer than mine. Life is good.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
The only time I ever spent time browsing is when I was checking the bargain bin at Gamestop or the specials on Steam, and I can do it on Steam from my laptop so I only count it as my daily internet dosage. And even when I'm browsing at Gamestop I get bored quick, five minutes tops. I don't get browsing. When I go shopping I want to get in, find what I was looking for, and get out.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Shoe shopping with women has got to be the single most torturing experience ever devised.

I'd rather have by finger nails ripped out by a rather miffed badger than go shoe shopping.

I'd rather drill into every bone in my body, and replace the marrow with molten nightmares that go shoe shopping.

If you take me shoe shopping I will kill myself. And when my tainted spirit finds its destination, I will topple the master of that dark place. From my black throne, I will lash together a machine of bone and blood, and fuelled by my hatred for you this fear engine will bore a hole between this world and that one. When it begins you will hear the sound of children screaming--as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above your bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, you will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before you are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin. I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.
You worry me Daystar.

OT: Seriously, fuck shoe shopping. Whenever a friend wants to go to the shoe store I always offer an ultimatum. "Alright, but for every minute we spend in there you spend a minute in gamestop with me".

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
Shoe shopping with women has got to be the single most torturing experience ever devised.

I'd rather have by finger nails ripped out by a rather miffed badger than go shoe shopping.

I'd rather drill into every bone in my body, and replace the marrow with molten nightmares that go shoe shopping.

If you take me shoe shopping I will kill myself. And when my tainted spirit finds its destination, I will topple the master of that dark place. From my black throne, I will lash together a machine of bone and blood, and fuelled by my hatred for you this fear engine will bore a hole between this world and that one. When it begins you will hear the sound of children screaming--as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above your bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, you will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before you are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin. I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.
*Enters thread*

Hey, what's going on?

*Sees Daystar*

[sub][sub]Abort! Abort![/sub][/sub]

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
As someone whose shoe-shopping consists of buying the exact same pair of shoes every six months in whatever the appropriate size is, I don't get people.

TwoSidesOneCoin

Dec 11, 2010
Don't worry, Daystar just quoted penny arcade comic. Where they got that makes me wonder though.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/04/10

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
scorptatious said:
Wow, shoe shopping looks very sole crushing.

I'm sorry.
All is forgiven, after all, time heels all wounds.
We all step out of line from time to time.
Its a long road to go through, getting off a pun addiction. But if we buckle down we'll make it through.

I'm not sorry, and I'd do it again.
I just can't think of any more puns...
I thought I had one but I lost it...
I swear I hate it when this happens...
It was right on the tip of my... tongue

MrMan999

Oct 25, 2011
Well to be fair, my girlfriend does the same thing whenever we go to a comic store. Which is strange because she is a bigger comic fan than me.

Dec 14, 2009
fletch_talon said:
scorptatious said:

I'm sorry.
Its a long road to go through, getting off a pun addiction. But if we buckle down we'll make it through.

You too, get out, follow scorptatious, get out, out out out.

You have seven hours before I send the Punsterminator 3000 to hunt you down, it will hunt you down, and when it has finished separating the skin from your still breathing body, it will record the sounds of your agony so that they might indulge me upon its return.

SoulChaserJ

Sep 21, 2009
I feel sorry for most of you. My girlfriend doesn't drag me anywhere. We go shopping and whatever else together because we actually like each other's company and opinions. If someone had to "drag" me to go shopping with them then I don't think I'd want to spend much time around that person..at the very least be an adult and go look in another store or sit on a bench and have a pretzel.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Mr.K. said:
Dear god if only we had shoe shops around here that had a good length of rope available.
Hahahahahah xD

OT: God I hate shopping.

SoulChaserJ said:
I feel sorry for most of you. My girlfriend doesn't drag me anywhere. We go shopping and whatever else together because we actually like each other's company and opinions. If someone had to "drag" me to go shopping with them then I don't think I'd want to spend much time around that person..at the very least be an adult and go look in another store or sit on a bench and have a pretzel.
I can somewhat relate. I love spending time with my girlfriend, but I DONT love spending time doing stuff I hate. Add to that that I dont really care what she wears, and that she's got much better taste than me anyway I'm not even any help.

Shopping is a girl thing. Unless you're shopping PC parts >.>
When I shop, I know what I'm gonna get, I got to the store, and I get it. Done.
When girls shop...time tends to stop.

MrMan999

Oct 25, 2011
There is a reason why malls put lounge chairs outside the Abercrombie and Fitch stores.

Noswad

Mar 21, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
fletch_talon said:
scorptatious said:

I'm sorry.

You too, get out, follow scorptatious, get out, out out out.

You have seven hours before I send the Punsterminator 3000 to hunt you down, it will hunt you down, and when it has finished separating the skin from your still breathing body, it will record the sounds of your agony so that they might indulge me upon its return.

Hey you shouldn't try and tread on puns, there's no point having a spat over this.