The Hurt Foot Locker

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
Zeetchmen said:
Not to be one to point out hypocrisy, but can you imagine the outrage over this comic if the genders were reversed?

With say a woman hanging herself in a sporting good store. Its 'funny' when a man kills himself, but I doubt the socail justice warriors here would be laughing the other way around.

^

Yep!

getting bored of the one way pandering that goes on these days but what ya gunna do? really.. people are gunna moan one way or the other... i guess everyone looses until we all learn to play nice, eh.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
fletch_talon said:
scorptatious said:
Wow, shoe shopping looks very sole crushing.

I'm sorry.
All is forgiven, after all, time heels all wounds.
We all step out of line from time to time.
Its a long road to go through, getting off a pun addiction. But if we buckle down we'll make it through.

I'm not sorry, and I'd do it again.
I just can't think of any more puns...
I thought I had one but I lost it...
I swear I hate it when this happens...
It was right on the tip of my... tongue
You too, get out, follow scorptatious, get out, out out out.

You have seven hours before I send the Punsterminator 3000 to hunt you down, it will hunt you down, and when it has finished separating the skin from your still breathing body, it will record the sounds of your agony so that they might indulge me upon its return.
its ok guys I killed the mad dog and am now wearing his head on my head:)

OT: shoe shopping is easy you just have to make a deal with them and your set, I go shoe shopping with you today and you let me go lingerie shopping with you tomorrow.(substitute that with you buy me all the beers I want if its your mother or sister) ether they accept said deal and you spend the whole time there picturing her in said sexy ware or she refuses and just says forget it and your home free.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Thankfully women's shoes tend to have pretty strong heels on them, which makes them perfect for bludgeoning yourself to death with if there is no rope handy, or least make me feel something after hours of mind numbing torture and staring blankly into the distance as my weekend slowly drips into the void...

I'll never get the appeal of shopping for fun, shoe shopping especially. I suspect anyone who does really enjoy shopping may actually be insane. I would rather wait until my shoe sole is hanging on by a thread and I have endured months of wet socks on rainy days before I'd even willingly contemplate going shopping for new ones. When I'm left with no option and I go by myself and get literally everything in one 2 hour speed; shoes, shirts, pants, underwear, socks etc, so I don't have to do it again any time soon.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Daystar Clarion said:
>.>
Shoe shopping with women has got to be the single most torturing experience ever devised.

I'd rather have by finger nails ripped out by a rather miffed badger than go shoe shopping.

I'd rather drill into every bone in my body, and replace the marrow with molten nightmares that go shoe shopping.

If you take me shoe shopping I will kill myself. And when my tainted spirit finds its destination, I will topple the master of that dark place. From my black throne, I will lash together a machine of bone and blood, and fuelled by my hatred for you this fear engine will bore a hole between this world and that one. When it begins you will hear the sound of children screaming--as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above your bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, you will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before you are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin. I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.
:/ Am I odd?

This prospect of shoe shopping does not phase me. Perhaps that's because I don't become bored easily.

:D Funny comic though.

mateushac

Apr 4, 2010
The Artificially Prolonged said:
Thankfully women's shoes tend to have pretty strong heels on them, which makes them perfect for bludgeoning yourself to death with if there is no rope handy, or least make me feel something after hours of mind numbing torture and staring blankly into the distance as my weekend slowly drips into the void...

I'll never get the appeal of shopping for fun, shoe shopping especially. I suspect anyone who does really enjoy shopping may actually be insane. I would rather wait until my shoe sole is hanging on by a thread and I have endured months of wet socks on rainy days before I'd even willingly contemplate going shopping for new ones. When I'm left with no option and I go by myself and get literally everything in one 2 hour speed; shoes, shirts, pants, underwear, socks etc, so I don't have to do it again any time soon.
Yes, this. I've once endured 5 months without buying a single item of clothing, none at all. Mom and GF weren't really happy with this, but it felt like quite an acomplishment to me.

Chris Mosher

Nov 28, 2011
Farther than stars said:
Zeetchmen said:
Not to be one to point out hypocrisy, but can you imagine the outrage over this comic if the genders were reversed?

With say a woman hanging herself in a sporting good store. Its 'funny' when a man kills himself, but I doubt the socail justice warriors here would be laughing the other way around.
No! It's not even funny when a man kills himself. In fact, it's never funny when someone kills themselves. The fact that something like that could even be deemed as being funny shows a pervasive sickness in society.
Though well I can completely see your point and I totally respect your opinion, I do have to disagree with you. My father took his life when I was a young teen and it was finding the dark humor in life that finally broke me out of my own depression. It was the first non-harmful way that I found to deal with my own despair. It may not be the most pc way of looking at things but I have never come across a something is never funny subject.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
shrekfan246 said:
Or the joke was too Black & White.

OT: I remarked a few days ago about how my (male) best friend had a rather amusingly large number of pairs of shoes (something like 5, which I know isn't an inordinate amount, but I've only got one pair and a pair of boots).

I don't know if I could imagine that being worse than working fast food, though. EDIT: Or customer service/call centers, for that matter.
Ugggh. Customer service. Maybe not the source of, but a great enforcer of my deep-seated misanthropy.

I'd totally have more footware, but my feet are huge and few things fit. It'd be nice to be able to afford a pair of sneakers AND a pair of hiking boots, but they tend to be a premium price.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
I couldn't understand what the joke was about until I read the actual comments. Didn't know the whole shoe shopping/clothes shopping thing was a thing still, but whatever. It's still funny (I guess [a bit]).

Unrelated:
Seems Daystar's food was laced with something today. Seems particularly angry. Good thing everyone here is slippery enough to get away from the wrath.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
tzimize said:
Mr.K. said:
Dear god if only we had shoe shops around here that had a good length of rope available.
Hahahahahah xD

OT: God I hate shopping.

SoulChaserJ said:
I feel sorry for most of you. My girlfriend doesn't drag me anywhere. We go shopping and whatever else together because we actually like each other's company and opinions. If someone had to "drag" me to go shopping with them then I don't think I'd want to spend much time around that person..at the very least be an adult and go look in another store or sit on a bench and have a pretzel.
I can somewhat relate. I love spending time with my girlfriend, but I DONT love spending time doing stuff I hate. Add to that that I dont really care what she wears, and that she's got much better taste than me anyway I'm not even any help.

Shopping is a girl thing. Unless you're shopping PC parts >.>
:D

PC parts shopping is the most girly thing! ;D

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I'll never get the appeal of shopping for fun, shoe shopping especially. I suspect anyone who does really enjoy shopping may actually be insane.
For me, a large part of why I enjoy shopping is the excitement of getting something new. Being a poor person, getting something new rarely happens, so on the rare occasions when I did get something new, it was exciting since I was the first one to own it, I'd have something else to use/wear and not have to worry so much about the old breaking down/becoming unwearable. It was a change of pace, and it meant that I had something different to occupy my time for a bit.

Plus, the mall I used to go to was just awesome. The food court was a zeppelin!

zerragonoss

Oct 15, 2009

It's actually not that difficult to understand if you look at it the right way. (this is of course if I understand it and not just think I do but roll with me here.) The thought process behind it is actully very similar to the thought process behind building a sweet deck in a tcg or finding, awesome character build in an rpg, or getting your load-out just right in an fps. now imagine if these games had near infinite variations at different semi-random prices in different place and think how long you would spend in game looking for ones you like. The end goals of both are rather esoteric for either being awesome for a game, Looking great for clothing. They even share in that they can both be methods of self expression.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
zerragonoss said:
It's actually not that difficult to understand if you look at it the right way. (this is of course if I understand it and not just think I do but roll with me here.) The thought process behind it is actully very similar to the thought process behind building a sweet deck in a tcg or finding, awesome character build in an rpg, or getting your load-out just right in an fps. now imagine if these games had near infinite variations at different semi-random prices in different place and think how long you would spend in game looking for ones you like. The end goals of both are rather esoteric for either being awesome for a game, Looking great for clothing. They even share in that they can both be methods of self expression.
Nothing to do with what you said (although I agree), but it's kind of humorous when you think about the necessity in pointing this out through a video game context to people xP

oldtaku

Jan 7, 2011
Maybe you ubersensitive people should know better by this point than to read this comic. It's (usually) funny, but almost never concerned about your fluttering neuroses. Erin's got enough of her own.

If you can't handle a half panel suicide joke, and even worse, if you have to invent alternate versions of the comic to offend yourself with, perhaps you might enjoy the whimsical comedy stylings of Garfield?

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
oldtaku said:
If you can't handle a half panel suicide joke, and even worse, if you have to invent alternate versions of the comic to offend yourself with, perhaps you might enjoy the whimsical comedy stylings of Garfield?
I'm with you on this, but ouch man, that was low.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
TwoSidesOneCoin said:
Don't worry, Daystar just quoted penny arcade comic. Where they got that makes me wonder though.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/04/10
Tycho would of wrote it for the most part with Gabe.